Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Is everyone having Party chat problems and disconnects?

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By apathylad

So after some time of playing amongst some friends on the Party chat, some of us get disconnected. Sometimes it's me, sometimes, it's all of us, and I am still not sure what is causing the problem...I have a theory that the party host just has an incompatible connection with some of us, while one of my friends thinks my connection might be the cause of the problem, although I'm never the host, so I don't why others would get disconnected as well. So it's a frustrating issue and I can't find any information on why it's happening. My NAT is on OPEN I believe, so I thought that would be fine. Or do you think it could be that not everyone in the party is friends with each other?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

I haven't used party chat for awhile now, but I definitely recall having these problems when I was using it in a Bombing Run.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine

If someone else has a closed NAT that can lead to Party Chat problems.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RandomHero666
    Wolverine said:
    "If someone else has a closed NAT that can lead to Party Chat problems."
    What he said, my mate had this problem, he couldnt host games or join any parties.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

Yes it happens to my friends and I once and a while, though it has not happened recently

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By djstyles92

every 5 min it disconnects...so annoying

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I've been having them since NXE was launched as well as NXE freeze ups they need to fix it, and its solely because of network overhead NXE introduced major network usage not seen in the old blade system and there are not enough servers to handle it.

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By JDUB_XL

This happens all the time. I got booted 3 times from a party I was in earlier.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#9  Edited By vigorousjammer

if everybody at least took the simple amount of steps to get their NAT to at least MODERATE, then we probobly wouldn't have this problem...

my NAT is at moderate, and I do fine... honestly, it takes, like... a couple minutes to set up your router for moderate... I don't get why everybody doesn't do it...

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By JDUB_XL

I always play wired for that reason. Wireless is such a hassle never worked right for me on 360.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Vigorousjammer said:
    "if everybody at least took the simple amount of steps to get their NAT to at least MODERATE, then we probobly wouldn't have this problem...my NAT is at moderate, and I do fine... honestly, it takes, like... a couple minutes to set up your router for moderate... I don't get why everybody doesn't do it..."
    all the people i know all have there nat to open and we still have the problems, it doesn't help that the 360 settings no longer let you know what nat type you have.....*you have to wait till certain games pop up saying its not open* but regardless of that it has nothing to do with nat, if the nat was sufficient that the party could be created then it wouldn't just disconnect all ofa sudden its the fact that NXE introduces a bandwidth overhead not present in the old interface and there are simply not enough servers to deal with all the bandwidth being used which is why parties disconnect and why NXE freezes for pretty much every one. NXE never freezes if your not connected to the net because it instantly knows there is no connect therefor doesn't try to use bandwidth.
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Everything seems to be going slower lately. When I hit the guide button as I get a message it sort of stalls for a moment. The party's have been cutting out a lot as well.

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By ReapersPuppy

It happens to everyone but a couple of my friends have it real bad!
    One of my friends has it so bad that everytime he joins a party
    Hes automatically kicked!

it sux for him but I like the hole party thing =]

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By pweidman

Yeah this has been an issue for me and friends of late.  I thought it was isolated and due to bad connections of the various joiners but maybe it's more related to XBL.   Chat has even been sketchy as well, sometimes it works and sometimes it's very glitchy...I just thought it might be my mic...maybe more network related???  Maybe the wireless issue...I'm hard wired after long ago having issues and deciding to just go connected...while some of my best mates are wireless still...maybe part of the prob as well...so hard to figure(face frustration).

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

Nope, but it burns when I pee...so I'm claiming foul play on Microsoft's part.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By toowalrus

We get random party chat disconnects. It woks better if you just use the private chat. Who the fuck knows why?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By JJOR64

Happens to me to.  I think it happens to most people.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Its still happening lately

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.