Is this the new Xbox Logo??

• 65 results
#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4184 posts) -

I'm easily excitable, and I sure like new logos. But, I just saw on Complex Gaming, and this might be the new logo. I'm not sure, if it's like for Xbox, now as a brand, or for the new Xbox Infinity.

Complex: Gaming: Is This The New Xbox Logo?

[I was on mobile last night. So this just got edited. Early bird gets the worm. Embed goes to BeachThunder, post numbah four, down there.]

I don't know. So. I like the lucid green they're doing. I like the font. That circle, though.. That X.. That X is weird. That checkmark ruins most of it. It makes me think that I wanna buy a: runnning shoe-support, or a highlighter dipped in local-brand Gatorade.. Huhf.. ~ I still think this a real bad fake. Nice try on the color, though..

#2 Edited by _Chad (962 posts) -

I hope not. I think it looks awful.

Edit: It's also just a logo. I really don't care what it looks like.

#3 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Ew. Also if this is real does that mean it really will just be called xbox?

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (11799 posts) -

Seems legit, given Microsoft's recent rebranding.

I really wish they would ditch the ultra-lurid green though =/

#5 Posted by MEATBALL (3157 posts) -

It reminds me too much of a close/exit button.

#6 Edited by Demoskinos (14724 posts) -

That looks really awful. Everything rumors or not that I keep hearing about the new Xbox makes me want a PS4 more and more.

#7 Posted by zFUBARz (625 posts) -

Looks lame but it also looks like it'd fit in perfectly to the modern interface of windows 8.

#8 Edited by FFFFFFF (75 posts) -

It's crying. Why is Y so sad?

#9 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7071 posts) -

That's pretty terrible.

#10 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

THE Y BOX. OMG

#11 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

THE Xbox!

#12 Posted by MachoFantastico (4588 posts) -

You know, the more I think about it, the more I feel as if Microsoft are going to make it easy for Sony next generation. We haven't even seen the new console yet, fair enough, but going on Microsoft's most recent product launches I get the feeling that they don't know what their doing. This is coming from someone who owes no allegiance to any manufacturer and couldn't care less about 'fanboyism' just a gut feeling I have right now.

I love how that logo could not be more Microsoft if it tried... if it's fake than it's one hell of a perfect fake.

#13 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Could be better

#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

Uh, maybe? Like most of these rumours that get about, it seems believable, but we need something more concrete before we can say "yes". Sure is ugly though.

#15 Posted by Superfriend (1540 posts) -

Holy shit. This is one of the worst logo redesigns I´ve ever seen.

So, yeah it seems legit. Microsoft seems to be into turning stuff to shit recently.

#16 Edited by Humanity (9016 posts) -

Why is everyone saying it looks awful?

I think it looks slick and conforms to Microsoft standards. How much more extreme does an X in a circle need to look? Whats the PS4 logo? A P and then an S followed by a 4, in Spiderman font.

#17 Posted by Tarsier (1057 posts) -

oh god. please. not another 'new' way to play.. please

#18 Posted by Humanity (9016 posts) -

@tarsier: Bet you had NO idea you could play games with your feet! WELL YOU CAN! With Microsoft Feet-o-nect!

#19 Posted by Dacnomaniac (442 posts) -

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

#20 Edited by UlquioKani (1043 posts) -

I'm not a fan

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I feel like your avatar is appropriate with this comment.

#21 Edited by MEATBALL (3157 posts) -

You know, the more I think about it, the more I feel as if Microsoft are going to make it easy for Sony next generation. We haven't even seen the new console yet, fair enough, but going on Microsoft's most recent product launches I get the feeling that they don't know what their doing. This is coming from someone who owes no allegiance to any manufacturer and couldn't care less about 'fanboyism' just a gut feeling I have right now.

I love how that logo could not be more Microsoft if it tried... if it's fake than it's one hell of a perfect fake.

It's really tempting to feel that way, I'm definitely trying to reserve judgement. That said, people probably would have said the same thing heading into the 360's reveal/launch, I think Microsoft regularly come off pretty inept with most of their product launches, but have been mostly getting it right with Xbox. The various rumours and such don't paint the brightest picture, though.

#22 Posted by Brodehouse (9776 posts) -

It looks like a fucking shirt button.

#23 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

That logo is so bad that you have to put the word "xbox" next to it for anyone to know what it is. I sincerely hope that it's placeholder art or a bullshit mock-up because that design is just disastrous.

#24 Posted by Humanity (9016 posts) -

All of you are insane.

#25 Posted by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

@humanity said:

Why is everyone saying it looks awful?

I think it looks slick and conforms to Microsoft standards. How much more extreme does an X in a circle need to look? Whats the PS4 logo? A P and then an S followed by a 4, in Spiderman font.

For one thing, if it was red instead of green it'd look just like some error message. That's seriously all I see, it reminds me of the time my iPod died almost 4 years ago. If I was red-green colorblind, that'd drive me insane.

#26 Edited by EVO (3889 posts) -

For comparisons sake:

I'm not a fan of either.

#27 Posted by probablytuna (3600 posts) -

Why did they have to break off one part of the X? It doesn't even make sense.

#28 Posted by Bollard (5396 posts) -

@darthorange said:

THE Xbox!

No, xbox. Lower case. Cause all the cool kids don't capitalise any more.

#29 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

In the grand scheme of things doesn't really matter. However ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

#30 Posted by mercutio123 (468 posts) -
#31 Posted by Castiel (2558 posts) -

Well It was nice knowing you Xbox.

Seriously though I think Microsoft needs to address some the rumors that have been circling around lately. The rumors are not doing the next Xbox or Microsoft any favors: You always have to be connected to the internet, you can't play used games and all games have mandatory installations. That is not exactly the kind of stuff that gets me excited for the next generation.

So for now I will allow myself to be a fanboy when I say the following: Sony is bitch slapping Microsoft all over the place.

All hail PS4.

#32 Posted by Wacomole (816 posts) -

@cheh said:

They've logo-fied the concept of the archetypal "12 year-old on Xbox Live throwing a tantrum". Genius!

#33 Edited by djou (872 posts) -

@meatball: @trueenglishgent: Is anyone at all concerned that there has been little or no chatter about the next Xbox? I thought they were going to announce it in early April around GDC? Seems strange that the public hasn't even gotten the normal controlled leaks. Maybe this is the start? Last week there was the leak about SDK requiring game discs installation. Both these bits signal trouble. This logo smacks of Windows 8 branding, flat, bright, geometric.

#34 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

Wasn't this proven to be a fake like 20 minutes after it was "leaked"?

#35 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4184 posts) -

I was talking with my friend about Xbox pricing, and PS4.. And. if the Xbox comes out cheaper than the PS4, I think I'ma still get Xbox.

#36 Posted by Ekami (256 posts) -

I don't think people understand what logos are for but at least some dudes really got to take green down a peg

#37 Posted by Kidable (127 posts) -

This just screams "kids toy" for parents now. The lowercase + rounded edges + circular background (to make it look like a ball sort of thing) will look so fitting next to the latest lego set or some shit.

#38 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

That looks really awful. Everything rumors or not that I keep hearing about the new Xbox makes me want a PS4 more and more.

Pretty much, PS4 looks like it's catering more to the avid game player.

#39 Posted by myketuna (1672 posts) -

It's an Xbox logo. I don't really care about it too much. I stopped caring about logos since the N64 stopped being the Ultra 64.

#40 Posted by SlashDance (1812 posts) -

Do not want !

Also "new way to play". EFF THAT ESS !

#41 Posted by Ekami (256 posts) -

Im confused are people looking for a dark edgy reboot of the logo

#42 Posted by RazielCuts (2943 posts) -

#43 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4964 posts) -

@cheh said:

Because: WHY?! T_T

#44 Posted by Ley_Lines (252 posts) -
@castiel said:

Well It was nice knowing you Xbox.

Seriously though I think Microsoft needs to address some the rumors that have been circling around lately. The rumors are not doing the next Xbox or Microsoft any favors: You always have to be connected to the internet, you can't play used games and all games have mandatory installations. That is not exactly the kind of stuff that gets me excited for the next generation.

So for now I will allow myself to be a fanboy when I say the following: Sony is bitch slapping Microsoft all over the place.

All hail PS4.

Dude...no. C'mon, those were that same rumors both the PS3 and PS4 had and they were proven false except the installs but who doesn't install their games? Besides, you know it's bad business practices to comment on rumors or speculation because then if you choose to comment on one thing, you look suspicious if you don't comment on everything. It's a little early to consider anyone "bitch slapping" anyone, we haven't heard anything about the xbox and we haven't even seen the actual ps4.

#45 Posted by JasonR86 (9651 posts) -

Looks like the logo for a new hybrid car. I'm not a fan.

#46 Edited by ValeYard (149 posts) -
@meatball said:
@trueenglishgent said:

It's really tempting to feel that way, I'm definitely trying to reserve judgement. That said, people probably would have said the same thing heading into the 360's reveal/launch, I think Microsoft regularly come off pretty inept with most of their product launches, but have been mostly getting it right with Xbox. The various rumours and such don't paint the brightest picture, though.

Yep, I've felt a turn of the tide recently against Microsoft. For instance, the recent Joystiq PAX podcast with indie developers made it sound like Microsoft is just happy to earn money through services like Netflix in the next gen and hasn't even got round to informing indie devs on how they could develop for the platform.

Even worse for me, is the trend of this generation when you look back at it: They managed to annoy Bungie on the ODST announcement, Bungie left; they've basically killed Rare; Mass Effect went multiplatform, they should've held onto that sucka tight...

I've always felt worried about a company that would prefer to show their execs embarrassing themselves playing "You're in the Movies" rather than show a game from Bungie. Also, the way they stamped out the UK's pendant to Major Nelson, gave me the feeling they don't care for the gaming community enough. I'm surprised Major Nelson is still there.

Anyway, they could totally blow us all away at there press conference, we just don't know yet. However, I've always felt that Microsoft's structure aka 'The Tribe' is its own worst enemy. They just end up drinking their own cool aid and lose sight of which of their products have potential and which don't. I just hope the great people still in the Xbox department were able to fulfill their vision on the coming console and didn't have to brand everything with Windows.

Oh, and the logo kinda sucks, I mean is it a Y humping an X like chromosomes, but I do like the simple name Xbox if it should turn out to be legit!

#47 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

My god that is ugly. It looks like a pharmaceutical company logo

#48 Posted by Butano (1731 posts) -

Hey, it's that video my picture is in! Good times!

#49 Edited by BeachThunder (11799 posts) -

@ollyoxenfree said:

@darthorange said:

THE Xbox!

No, xbox. Lower case. Cause all the cool kids don't capitalise any more.

Ah, so the xBox :P

#50 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

Looks like a Philips screw head, which seems fitting for a MS product. (I don't think it's real though).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.