Is xbox.com down? I can't access the site.

#1 Posted by golguin (3932 posts) -

I tried to watch some stuff on the youtube app and I kept getting message saying that child accounts are now allowed to use it. I've been using the app for months so nothing had changed on my end. I go to xbox.com to see whats up and it appears to be down. Anyone else having issues?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@golguin said:

I tried to watch some stuff on the youtube app and I kept getting message saying that child accounts are now allowed to use it. I've been using the app for months so nothing had changed on my end. I go to xbox.com to see whats up and it appears to be down. Anyone else having issues?

I have it up right now. Must be on your end dude. 
#3 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1545 posts) -

It was fine until I tried logging in, I just get an ASP.NET error page now.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -

i can access it but everything leads to a runtime error. tried to redeem a code earlier and i couldn't reach the redeem code section

#5 Posted by UitDeToekomst (716 posts) -

just checked xbox.com, and i also can't get on. there is a "glitch in the system", apparently.

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Op...update. Went down when I tried to log in. 

#7 Posted by golguin (3932 posts) -

That might explain why I couldn't access the youtube app, but my cousin had the same issue about a week ago with the youtube app and a quick google search shows other people have had the mistaken "child account" issue. All I seem to find is it fixed itself eventually.

#8 Posted by believer258 (11929 posts) -

I do hope that Lulzsec copy-cat hasn't shown up again, my credit card is in there.

#9 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Xbox.com seems to be up and running again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.