Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Just bought a 120 GB Xbox 360 HD

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By dantebk

I finally gave in to temptation and bought a 120 GB 360 hard drive on eBay last night.  I paid $90 shipped, which is the cheapest I've seen it with the transfer cable and software.  For a long time I felt that 20 GB was enough, but once I ripped all the Rock Band 1 tracks to the HD to play in Rock Band 2, it launched me on a path that inevitably lead here.  Then NXE came along and allowed me to transfer entire discs to the HD so they'd load faster and play quieter.  Then came GTA IV: Lost and the Damned.  And so on and so on.

Am I weak?  Maybe.

Am I only setting myself up to blow even more cash on DLC and Rock Band tracks?  Definitely.

But can you really put a price on peace of mind?

... I guess you can actually.  $90.  That's how much it is.

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dantebk

I finally gave in to temptation and bought a 120 GB 360 hard drive on eBay last night.  I paid $90 shipped, which is the cheapest I've seen it with the transfer cable and software.  For a long time I felt that 20 GB was enough, but once I ripped all the Rock Band 1 tracks to the HD to play in Rock Band 2, it launched me on a path that inevitably lead here.  Then NXE came along and allowed me to transfer entire discs to the HD so they'd load faster and play quieter.  Then came GTA IV: Lost and the Damned.  And so on and so on.

Am I weak?  Maybe.

Am I only setting myself up to blow even more cash on DLC and Rock Band tracks?  Definitely.

But can you really put a price on peace of mind?

... I guess you can actually.  $90.  That's how much it is.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By killdave

Good for you, I've considered upgrading my xbox to an elite for some time now just never got round to it

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

Great investment imo.  No more searching for things to delete, much better game performance and less noise  when dl'd to the HDD, and less wear and tear on the drive and lens.  The ability to rip games is the best thing about NXE imo.  And $90 is a great price.....I  paid about $120 through Amazon.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

Yeah, that's awesome, but the Xbox 360 Elite is black.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.