Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Just got the E68 Error :(

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By mordecaix7

I just got the E68 error which indicates hard drive failure.  I just got my 120gb back in November so the hard drive isn't old.

I disconnected the hard drive and waited about 20 seconds and plugged it back in and it turned on fine... but now I'm pretty paranoid.  I have the 360 plugged into a surge protector.  Should I plug it into the wall directly?  Any other tips or things I can do to (hopefully) keep it from happening again?

*bites fingernails*

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Reuben

The best thing you can do is NOT worry lol As you said it's working fine and most people who've had this issue end up getting it fixed by just removing the HDD and putting it back on.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By clubsandwich

you are fucked, dial 911, scream.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mordecaix7
    @Reuben: Makes sense.  I think to be safe, I'll get a used 360 memory card and backup the saves that would break me if I lost them (aka Fallout 3)
    SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer
    @mordecaix7 said:
    " @Reuben: Makes sense.  I think to be safe, I'll get a used 360 memory card and backup the saves that would break me if I lost them (aka Fallout 3) "
    This is exactly what I did.  It is a great relief to know that my saves are backed up.  Also, this allows for multiple saves for games that typically only allow one save (like in Dead Rising and Bionic Commando: ReArmed)
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordecaix7
    @SoulEdgeSlayer said:
    " This is exactly what I did.  It is a great relief to know that my saves are backed up.  Also, this allows for multiple saves for games that typically only allow one save (like in Dead Rising and Bionic Commando: ReArmed) "
    That's an excellent point!
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green

it's fine. i would say plug the 360 into a wall outlet instead of a power surge because the 360 already has a power surge in it. it's fine i've had one of those before. i actually had it like two times because the hard drive isn't plugged in directly.

i've actually got the E68 error :( i was pissed about it. i lost all of my data to my games. i had to argue with the guy for them to send me another hard drive. i think microsoft planned it for me as i got E74 error the same week and the hard drive could have broke the same day the 360 broke. i waited like two days and went to my friend's house to find out have E68 error.

don't be nervous about your hard drive breaking because i've had that happen to me. i thought o no my hard drive broke again?!? plugged it back and it was fine.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Buy  a memory card and put your saves on that just in case.  Until then, just use it until it's unusable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.