Keyboard and mouse for the 360

#1 Edited by sociald1077 (263 posts) -

Anyone have any links or information on hooking up a keyboard and mouse to a 360? About 15 years of PC gaming has left with out the skills needed for FPS's using a controller. It's just super frustrating getting fraged in games I know I could be good at using a controller type that feels right.

Anyone else go through this?

#2 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

I think you can only use the keyboard to type stuff, I don't think you can use a keyboard/mouse for controls in games. Maybe I'm wrong...but that combined with the aim assist in most FPS games would be way unfair.

#3 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Megalon said:
"I think you can only use the keyboard to type stuff, I don't think you can use a keyboard/mouse for controls in games. Maybe I'm wrong...but that combined with the aim assist in most FPS games would be way unfair."
I believe there is an adapter that makes it work but I'm not sure.
#4 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
sociald1077 said:
"Anyone have any links or information on hooking up a keyboard and mouse to a 360? About 15 years of PC gaming has left with out the skills needed for FPS's using a controller. It's just super frustrating getting fraged in games I know I could be good at using a controller type that feels right.

Anyone else go through this?"
Suck it up. Why would they let a mouse be useable on a console?
#5 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about being able to do that either.  Quick search on google brought this links up on the first page though:


They seem to all be about this XCM device.  I've never heard of it, so I'd read through these links and read up about it before making any kind of purchase.
#6 Posted by krazedkaoz (71 posts) -

I have one and love it. works great I'd make sure you get a wired controller or it wont work.

#7 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
krazedkaoz said:
"I have one and love it. works great I'd make sure you get a wired controller or it wont work."
Where can you actually but it from?
#8 Edited by krazedkaoz (71 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.