Kinect & Xbox Vision cross-compatibility?

#1 Posted by TechParadox (22 posts) -

So now that the Kinect is out on the streets, has anyone tested it for cross-compatibility with games like Uno, Totemball, and Viva Pinata?

#2 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

Maybe now we can see naked fat people playing UNO in higher definition than before..

#3 Posted by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -

I tried using it with Viva PInata:TiP, didn't work.
Hoping there will be a patch either for the game or for Kinect to get that happening.
It's the only thing standing between me and an S-Rank.

#4 Posted by FlamingHobo (4475 posts) -

Someone should get on to testings this right away. Perhaps a certain site that details in testing?

#5 Edited by ptc (615 posts) -

Can someone with Kinect video chat with a friend that only has the xbox vision camera?

#6 Edited by _Phara0h_ (888 posts) -
@Azteck said:

" Maybe now we can see naked fat people playing UNO in higher definition than before.. "

And in 3d....

I think it's stupid you cant use the Kinect for NFS hot pursuit and Burnout: Paradise that uses the kinect  .
#7 Posted by TechParadox (22 posts) -

Well, it's a bummer that there isn't cross-compatibility at this point. I picked up a copy of VP:TIP for cheap the other day and have hunted down the cards for use with it, but don't have an XBox Vision camera (or a Kinect yet, but that's another matter entirely). Looks like I may have to spend a few extra bucks and pick one of those up to get the most out of the game.

#8 Posted by goldenpp72 (5 posts) -

Just fyi, the vision camera support in viva pinata is AWFUL, i used to have a vision camera and to get a card to work took ages, such a terrible gimmick. 

I'm sure kinect would work a lot better, shame it doesn't work at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.