Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Like sands in an hour glass...

AcidicVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AcidicVision

I just received the be all end all three red lights. They first reared their ugly head a  few days ago but I managed to towel trick alittle extra life from the console. But now they are here to stay and not even the mightiest of towels can repel them.

Luckily Microsoft is repairing the console free of charge. I was scared I was going to have to pay that $90 fee since my 360 is mega old. I mean like launch day old.

Im going to assume lots of people here have also gotten the crimson ring of death. So what were you doing or playing when it happened? What was your first reaction? I was playing Soul Caliber 4. I was on the 59th floor of the tower of lost souls, with one character dead and the other at 50% hp. My reaction was one of silence and saddness, amazingly enough, no anger.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By suneku

I was trying to play CoD4's campaign. And I was having a blast on it too... so I got pretty pissed when it happened, especially since I just got home from a long day of work.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's ok, I know it sucks but MS is pretty quick with the repairs so you won't be waiting TOO long. When my friends died, he went nuts and called me so late I had to go to his house since he is a noob with these things. v_v

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio
    suneku said:
    "I was trying to play CoD4's campaign. And I was having a blast on it too... so I got pretty pissed when it happened, especially since I just got home from a long day of work."
    Yop, I got mine on CoD4 also when it first came out.
    But don't worry, soon it'll all be like... tears... in the rain...

Time to die.
    Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blu_Magic

I got it after I downloaded an update for Oblivion. =(

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead
    suneku said:
    "I was trying to play CoD4's campaign. And I was having a blast on it too... so I got pretty pissed when it happened, especially since I just got home from a long day of work."
    Yeah, CoD4 killed my first one too. The day after Christmas no less. Heartbreaking.
    twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By twenty0ne

I was playing a ranked game of CoD4.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I don't have the red ring of death, mainly because I play my 360 an average of 5 hours a week.

If it ever red rings, I'll be an arsonist.

shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By shadowjak

Never got it, though once my friend had a Halo 3 party and after only a few hours the system got the rings. We were pissed and enraged drunks

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By BlindEffekt

Mine was in a powercut 2 days before GTAIV ( which happened to be my reason to get a 360 ).
    I just sat there stunned for a moment, and kept trying to turn it on and off.
    It worked after about 10 minutes for me, but bad luck dude!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.