Lost Odyssey or Unreal Tournament 3

#1 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

Yeah I was debating these two games for a long time. I understand that they  are completely different games, but which one do you guys like better? I'm sort of leaning in on Lost Odyssey because I have a lot of shooters. Still, I need your opinions. Thanks

#2 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

If you have alot of shooters UT3 will just be the same kick in the guts for you... Its a great game but as what you are looking at doing, go for Lost Odyssey.

Hope i helped you abit :P

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

UT3 is just another shooter so I guess I would recommend Lost Odyssey out of default. I haven't played it, but I've heard good things from some friends...I just don't really want to read a game.

#4 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I would recommend waiting. Fall has a LOT of games coming out, and Soul Calibur IV is right around the corner.

#5 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

I would recommend Lost Odyssey more then Unreal Tournament III just because you get more of a storyline and a longer game with a JRPG.

#6 Posted by KimFidler (311 posts) -

Wow, those are 2 totally different games.

I'd say if you own Halo 3, COD4, R6V2, or Battlefield: Bad Company then take a pass on Unreal Tournament.

If you don't own any of those games, go out and buy them because they're all better than Unreal Tournament.

Then buy Lost Odyssey on the cheap.

#7 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"I would recommend waiting. Fall has a LOT of games coming out, and Soul Calibur IV is right around the corner.
"

Yeah, true... I just won't have much time to enjoy those games with school. Right now I am basically doing nothing
#8 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

If you have a lot of shooter then get Lost Odyssey.

#9 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -

It depends on which genre you favor more.

#10 Posted by Leon31 (125 posts) -

I would agree that you should get Lost Odyssey. I haven't played it myself but I have played UT3 and can say that if you have more shooters, you aren't really getting anything real new, just updated really.

#11 Edited by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

It depends on wether you enjoyed the PSX Final Fantasies. Lost Odyssey is basically a 1998 game with a little 2008 touch-up. For many gamers, including myself, that's a great thing. But for a gamer who is seriously considering UT over LO? Well, I don't know.

#12 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Lost oddesey by far

#13 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

UT3 on the xbox 360 is really stupid on pc however its amazeing.

#14 Posted by RVonE (4699 posts) -

Lost Odyssey I guess. UTIII seems to have a poor online community so far. (On the PC there are more people playing UT2004 than UTIII).

#15 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

I say Lost Odyssey.

UT3 is basically a different shooter, Im sure you have about 6 or more shooters in your game library. Xbox 360 is the shooter console after all. Buying Lost odyssey will give you a really fun game that last really long but also gives support to a new franchise that might get sequels if it has good sales. LO already has been getting some DLC love so you know that Mistwalker cares about the game.

As a first JRPG, Lost Odyssey will win your love before the first DVD ends.

#16 Posted by TullyAckland (237 posts) -

I love the Unreal Tournament franchise, but epic seems to have failed flat with 3.. especially on the pc where its hard even finding a server for the frikken thing.
Anyway, Lost Odyssey is truly a great game, it doesn’t really add many new innovating features to the traditional turn based RPG, but it doesn’t need to. It offers around 40 hours game play with a decent story.
If you like JRPG's i promise you will like LO.

enjoy!  

#17 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

no one plays ut3... so lost  odyssey gets my vote.

#18 Posted by Ravey (330 posts) -

You'll probably get a better experience out of the original Unreal Tournament or UT2K4, you could probably get one of those cheap if you don't already have them and buy Lost Odyssey as well.

#19 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

UT3

#20 Posted by Carlos (504 posts) -

Lost Odyssey

#21 Posted by jaenks (33 posts) -

UT III no question, old school fraggin goodness, all the other shooters are those new fandangled tactical shooters im betting? UT III all the way. lost odyssey just looks well..... boring. but each to their own right

#22 Posted by Taalon (112 posts) -

Lost Odyssey, UT3 is junk.

#23 Posted by Leewow (118 posts) -

Sell Halo 3 And Get Both

#24 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

I say Lost Odyssey man. Great game.

#25 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

Lost Odyssey can last 100 hours if you want it to, and it's a great RPG.

#26 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
Thomas said:
"I would recommend Lost Odyssey more then Unreal Tournament III just because you get more of a storyline and a longer game with a JRPG.
"
I agree with him. LO is longer and the story is really good.
#27 Posted by TinyGrenade (141 posts) -

Lost Odyssey, bc Gears of War has become more fun than UT3 nowadays, it's so sad.

#28 Posted by TheLimper (15 posts) -

Lost Odyssey for sure.

#29 Posted by Lowkey20 (28 posts) -

LO is one of the better, if not one of the best, RPGs of the year. I would pass on Unreal, which I have on PS3. It's fun at first, but it doesn't last. There's not alot of replay value, imo. It gets tedious. Everyone is a rocket launcher whore.

#30 Posted by TheHBK (5561 posts) -

UT3 is a rare shooter nowadays.  Just a plain old shooter that you can't get in Halo or CoD4.  Its the last of its kind.  I would say get that, I have had a lot of fun with it.  Also, if you have a friend, the campaign coop, while lame in story and stuff is a lot of fun.  JRPGs are not my thing, they are just too boring for me.  Oblivion, Mass Effect and Fallout 3 are what RPGs really should be.

#31 Posted by t67443 (87 posts) -

I want both of these games myself but I would probably choose UT3.

I want a shooting game where if I'm bored I can just play against bots. Plus the fact that I would have to change disks for Lost Odyssey kind of brings me down.

#32 Posted by quiquexbs (21 posts) -

Lost Odyssey.

#33 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
t67443 said:
"

I want a shooting game where if I'm bored I can just play against bots. Plus the fact that I would have to change disks for Lost Odyssey kind of brings me down.

"
Every 10-15 hours, not that big of a deal. People are that lazy?
#34 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"t67443 said:
"

"
Every 10-15 hours, not that big of a deal. People are that lazy?
"
Some are. I didn't mind it.
#35 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Lost Odyssey please, play it at a friends house= awesome

#36 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

Thanks guys, I am going to go with Lost Odyssey. Besides, I came up with another solution...Instead of UT 3 I can just wait for Gears 2 and play that.

#37 Posted by Xero (159 posts) -

yep Lost Odyssey

#38 Posted by Xero (159 posts) -

yep Lost Odyssey

#39 Posted by HebrewSanta (49 posts) -

Grinding=bad.

UT3=One of the most unique shooters on the Xbox 360

It already sounds as if you'll prefer shooters anyways.
#40 Posted by zdmetal2101 (63 posts) -

I just made the mistake of buying UT3 without ever playing it before for $50, I wanna go back in time 5 hours. 

#41 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
zdmetal2101 said:
"I just made the mistake of buying UT3 without ever playing it before for $50, I wanna go back in time 5 hours. "
It's that bad?
#42 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

a lotta ut3 haters here...

#43 Posted by zdmetal2101 (63 posts) -

Not really my thing. should have just waited for Soul Calibur 4....

#44 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

Unreal Tournament has always been great, so you probably can't go wrong with getting it.

#45 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

UT3 is for a select few, twitchy shooters aren't my thing, personally.

#46 Posted by Echelon730 (89 posts) -

I would say get Lost Odyssey first and get it used. Most people traded it in before they even got to another disc. But the game is well written and the characters are memorable and its the first JRPG worth noting of this generation. 

#47 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

Those two games are so different but I would get Lost Odyssey because there are not that many people playing UT3 on 360 any more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.