Miyamoto at Xbox 360 E3 Booth

• 55 results
#1 Posted by AegisOfDawn (70 posts) -

Found this through NeoGAF but thought I'd share it with the GB's here.

Miyamoto Photo 1
Miyamoto Photo 2
Miyamoto Photo 3

Miyamoto Photo 4

I wonder what the thought was when he saw the new avatars? XD

And John Shappert's hand gesture in the 4th photo made me laugh.

#2 Posted by robbob88 (326 posts) -

What? Im confused. What the hell would he be doing there? Shouldnt he be at like the NINTENDO BOOTH?

#3 Edited by MOLE (321 posts) -

^^^ He even went to play Killzone 2

The man likes to see whats going on in the industry, he's just curious

#4 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -
MOLE said:
"^^^ He even went to play Killzone 2

"
Hey, it's Mr. Bean.
#5 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

Well it's not surprising....

It is very possible that individuals can be cordial to one another and enjoy the company of others regardless of what platform they use, develop or create..lol!

#6 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

At least the man is willing to try out new games. He at least has some respect for the other companies.

#7 Posted by F1esh_Grinder (1 posts) -
Mr. Miyamoto is a Robot Super- Spy designed to infiltrate and capture intel on other big media companys, portrayed as a human Japanese Game designer hellbent on revenge.
#8 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Miyamoto looks like a turtle. :D

#9 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Whats the big deal

#10 Posted by AegisOfDawn (70 posts) -
Photoshop'd
#11 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
AegisOfDawn said:
"
Photoshop'd
"
Wowwwzzz.
#12 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -
AegisOfDawn said:
"
Photoshop'd
" ha

#13 Posted by MOLE (321 posts) -
twenty0ne said:
"MOLE said:

"
Hey, it's Mr. Bean.
"

Hey, its um......a blue backround and a circle figure thingy in the middle......
#14 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

he's a professionaI

#15 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

His just interested in gaming no harm done.

#16 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

AegisOfDawn said:

"
Photoshop'd
"

This is why you are on my friend'a list XDD

And you are all wrong, he was there to see if Banjo was shooting Mario again. Then he would assassinate Rare's head with his Link's sword. Then he went to create an avy that looked like Mario.

#17 Posted by Standing_Gopher (129 posts) -

Miyamoto is a dude who likes games and I'm not surprised to see him check out other people's games, even if they are from his competitors.

#18 Posted by XAMS (68 posts) -

So what? He likes to see what other people are doing. Its not against the rules or something. Everyone is free to see the competition.

#19 Posted by solidphoenix (286 posts) -

I don't see anything wrong about this. It's not like developers are completely biased against other consoles or companies. The fact of the matter is that they all play games, and as such share interests in the current state of the industry. As such a figure, it would be natural for Miyamoto to want to check out how Microsoft is doing, and what they're showing.

#20 Edited by Batman (1016 posts) -

Yeah I saw this on Kotaku.  I think he's looking for evidence to sue Microsoft over their avatars. 
Haha the 4th photo looks like they're having a rap battle.

#21 Posted by geneticgamer (48 posts) -

twenty0ne said:

"MOLE said:

"
Hey, it's Mr. Bean.
"
    LOL
#22 Edited by Echelon730 (89 posts) -

Miyamoto is a game designer yes and he works for Nintendo, but I have a hard time believing that he is not a fan of games. While his console might be in the lead it has room to improve and so do his games.

Miyamoto has innovation but maybe not so much any more. He has polish.
Halo 3 record and file share system is innovative.
Bioshock was innovative
Portal was Innovation!
Super Mario Galaxy wasn't so much so.

Despite the fact that he is a competitor I would feel honored that a competitor/Miyamoto would take time away to play my console/game.

#23 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
MOLE said:

"
Exactly. I don't see why that's a big deal if he's at another booth other than Nintendo's.

In business, you always must keep an eye on the competition, because they are keeping an eye on you.
#24 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -
MOLE said:

"
Exactly.
#25 Posted by Aaron_G (1617 posts) -

I heard this as soon as it happened. Reggie came as well. I follow Major Nelson on Twitter.

#26 Posted by Couse (68 posts) -

He's chillin' like a villan.

#27 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Most of the people working in the games industry are just as hardcore gamers as we are, if not more. They all share the same passion.

I would think Miyamoto probably owns every console.

#28 Posted by Bilawal (109 posts) -

I think Wii and Xbox have different jobs, Xbox aims at hardcore users and Wii on casual. But now Xbox is stepping on Wii's turf, so some shit be going down. yo.

#29 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

Someone made an awesome Gif. of this at 1up. I'll go find it.

#30 Posted by ColMustard (357 posts) -

Maybe he's trying to figure out how to make hardcore games again...

#31 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
samcotts said:
"Most of the people working in the games industry are just as hardcore gamers as we are, if not more. They all share the same passion.

I would think Miyamoto probably owns every console.

"
I would assume that too.
#32 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Makes sense. Why not know what your up against.

#33 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

He respects M$ for what they did.

#34 Posted by fleasquire (20 posts) -

A gamer is a gamer. Yeah he may work for nintendo, but we all know Microsoft and Nintendo are in different competitions. Nintendo and Microsoft make completely different games now, and he probably just needs to satisfy his other fixes. I doubt wii music is able to staisfy his urge for a good shooter.

#35 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

he might be storming up some ideas for either the next console or his next project

#36 Edited by GoranP (1117 posts) -

Breaking News: Developers/designers enjoy playing games that aren't their own!

#37 Posted by capitanm1 (205 posts) -

They where probably shown him whats up. I know they do this alot, I remember he was looking at assasins creed. Just dont ever expect him to comment on any of those games. I bet he probably liked some of there games, but like I said, its quite.

#38 Posted by MisoRonery (470 posts) -

News at 10!

Developers, for the most part, don't care about the so-called "console wars".  Marketing, finance, and PR people do.  Developers have dedicated their lives to making games because they love games.  Go figure. 

More to follow on this breaking story.

#39 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

*Changes Channel*

#40 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1791 posts) -
AegisOfDawn said:
"
Photoshop'd
"

OMFG lol. Nice.
#41 Posted by pause422 (6209 posts) -

It doesn't matter where someone stands and what company they represent,if they love games,they are just like all of us,and want to check out what other platforms have to offer,and play everything,I know plenty of people from microsoft and sony play each other's products and have much respect for console specific developers. Not everything is a big war between every single person in the company.

#42 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

I wonder what Miyamoto thinks of the Xbox 360.

#43 Posted by Ysy (66 posts) -
robbob88 said:
"What? Im confused. What the hell would he be doing there? Shouldnt he be at like the NINTENDO BOOTH?"
Why wouldn't he be checking out the competition's "new" ideas?  I saw him chilling at the Sony booth a couple years back.
#44 Posted by RocktimusPrime (4 posts) -

Hilarious!

#45 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
ColMustard said:
"Maybe he's trying to figure out how to make hardcore games again...
"
Or maybe he's just curious to see what other consoles offer.
#46 Posted by jNerd (2019 posts) -

He's a well rounded & unbiased intellectual. He was @ the KillZone 2 booth as well. He wants to be learned in the gaming industry & not have metaphorical "Nintendo blinders" on. I congratulate him on that achievement :)

#47 Posted by Ehden (214 posts) -

Ever think that theres a reason he got into the videogame industry, probably because he likes videogames. ALL videogames, including competitors.

#48 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Lol, hes gonna steal some ideas!

#49 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
AegisOfDawn said:
"
Photoshop'd
"
thats so funny. miyamoto's just checking out the competition.
#50 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1420 posts) -

Respect the Nintendo man!
It's nice to see that he isn't there only to sell but to do something else real important...PLAY

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.