Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Moving between countries... and keeping your Live account?!

muesli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By muesli

I'm not sure if you people are aware, but once you created your Xbox Live account, you'll won't be able to move to another country any more.

Why? Because you can't change the country information for your profile. And once you chose, say the UK e.g., you can only use UK credit cards.

Great, now I've spent over a 1000 bucks on Xbox Live content, but moved to another country ever since. Now I can't buy / redeem a new Gold membership, I can't buy new Points. Calling Microsoft support and asking to change this information results in laughter and hilarious suggestions:

Support: "Just create a new account!"
    Me: "But then I'd lose all the content / Rock Band tracks I've bought."
    Support: "You can buy the content again!"
    Me: "How retarded do you think I am?!"

And I'm not the only one: http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=27560498
    Microsoft, you're being pathetic. Please change this f'd-up situation.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mordukai
    @muesli: Ohh wow. i can't believe that guy at the support center told you that. I think you need to go through the proper channels for that issue. 
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

I had this exact same problem. Thankfully, you don't lose anything you bought, but you do lose all your previous save data and achievements.

muesli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By muesli

@red: Only as long as you keep the same console and are connected to Xbox Live. Otherwise you're only able to use that content with the original gamertag that you bought the content with!

@mordukai: Sadly it's not as easy. There currently really seems no solution to this problem. I contacted them via phone, sent them an email, asked on the forums, even sent them a letter via snail mail. I always got the same response: "We can't handle this situation, the only thing you can do is create a new account."

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lethalki11ler
    @muesli said:
    " @red: Only as long as you keep the same console and are connected to Xbox Live. Otherwise you're only able to use that content with the original gamertag that you bought the content with!@mordukai: Sadly it's not as easy. There currently really seems no solution to this problem. I contacted them via phone, sent them an email, asked on the forums, even sent them a letter via snail mail. I always got the same response: "We can't handle this situation, the only thing you can do is create a new account." "
    Well I moved from Canada to the Netherlands and I got to say I didn't have all your problems :s To get map packs and all of those things on marketplace (premium themes and all) I simply use a dutch account tht i created and download the stuff and then login with my canadian account again to use it.
    For guitar hero, i bought microsoft points in the netherlands, used my dutch account to download the songs, and i play them with my canadian account... as simple as tht. the only real problem to be honest could be to increase the gold membership and even for tht i found a solution which is simply to buy a 12-month card online, making sure its a canadian one (or UK in ur case) and delivering it home and then using it. Works like a charm
    OptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By OptimusPrime

i did not know this, thank you for the post muesli.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By choffy21

Simply don't change any info or make a new account. Isn't your problem solved (sorry if someone said this already. Didn't bother to read thread)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.