Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

My 360 has bust

doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By doctorchin

Damnit.

Sucks.

Argh.

Will there be a waranty on it actually? They repaired it under a year ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

What do you meen, has bust? did it explode?

doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By doctorchin

If by bust you mean it freezes up on the start logo, yes.

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NoDeath

There is a 3 year warranty if its the e74 or the RROD, and a standard 1 year warranty for anything else. If your out of the warranty you'll have to pay to get it fixed

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By scroll

Ring MS and they should sort it out.

It's probably the best way.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DECA555

just buy a ps3. Its worth it and it never breaks down. It makes me so sad when i see all these threads about dead 360s. 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond
    DECA555 said:
    just buy a ps3. Its worth it and it never breaks down. It makes me so sad when i see ... [more]
    Mine died, and Sony charges $150 to fix it, cost me about $30 to get coverage from MS which Sony doesn't offer.

Why do people feel the need to create threads whenever their systems die anyways?  More of a blog sort of thing.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60
    Diamond said:
    DECA555 said: just buy a ps3. Its worth it and it never breaks down. It makes me so sad when ... [more]
    DECA is just a troll, you should have seen this morons private messages to me, good laughs.
    DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DECA555

im sorry but no. I despise trolls and i am just trying to advise someone to make a better purchase. CL60 has a bit of a fetish for calling people morons. You should have seen his private messages. What a tool.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By keyhunter
    @DECA555 said:
    " just buy a ps3. Its worth it and it never breaks down. It makes me so sad when i see all these threads about dead 360s.  "

Actually what DECA555 is saying is the usual case for people who's 360's break. At least where I live.
    Everyone I know who has had a 360 break has let their broken 360 sit in a corner for 2 months before even sending it in. In the meantime they buy PS3's and then play MGS 4 and then they realise there's no more games to play and send in their XBOX for replacement, and put their PS3 up on craiglist.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_A_Drain

MS really fucked me off this time. Last time my box broke it was under warranty, the UPS guy came the next morning, and I had a repaired console within 3 weeks. Was very happy with the service I recieved.

This time, there shitty machine breaks down again, 2 months out of warranty, and it's not E74 or RRoD, so I had to pay. Fucking £80 ($135 or so) for the repai, then I had to wait fucking 2 weeks while calling them every other day askign WTF was going on until I got my shipping labels. They blamed it on UPS, UPS didn't want to know, MS told me they would re-issue the shipping labels for free (No fucking shit for free, think im paying for it again you can go fuck yourself)

I best get a free game out of this or im gonna be hella pissed. Two fucking weeks to get me my shipping labels? I don't mind if theres an error with the system, it happens, but shit, I phone every 2 days and i'm constantly told to wait another 48 hours until I finally get put through to a supervisor who sorts the mess out.

Edit: And for reference, I can buy a new Arcade system (with a free game at my local store) for £130, and stick my HDD in it. But I paid the 80 because I love my elite.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.