New Bungie project?

#1 Edited by Ninja (534 posts) -

So what do most of you think about this news that the new bungie project is a GRAW-like shooter based in the halo universe? (remember gamespot and ign confirm but they do not name the source so it is still speculation)

Its sounds exciting but i guess i would also like bungie to go back to the marathon or create a new universe kind of thing.

Don Mattrick has confirmed that Bungie are working on a new Halo game however. I hate the way he didn't let the announcement be made and thought avatars were a better think to show during their press conference. They could easily just have shown avatars on the show floor and they would have got the attention they needed.

#2 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

I would like to actually see them make that GRAW-like Halo game. I've heard of it also and I think it would be a great idea.

#3 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

I believe the odds are good that this game will be a strategic team based shooter....

#4 Posted by ajsuperstar (22 posts) -

Its either going to be a squad shooter were you play as a marine, master cheif escaping the planet he lands on or a prequal of sorts. Either way i don't mind, i love the halo series, despite gameplay being a little samey its so fun. As long as there is co-op im happy :) lol

#5 Posted by musicalmac (41 posts) -

I was hoping they'd make a Marathon game, and that MS would not be the publisher. I don't think I'm going to get either of those.

#6 Posted by Txheat (133 posts) -

Sounds cool

#7 Posted by Ninja (534 posts) -

Yeh, I mean I felt gameplay in Halo 3 was too similiar to that of Halo 2, there was so much of a gameplay leep from Halo:CE to Halo 2 that i felt Halo 3 was just a graphical update. I would like to see bungie work with cover mechanics and deeper strategy.

#8 Posted by MutenMiller (216 posts) -

I love the idea. Imagine a single elite actually being a real threat to you, just on his own. That sounds really exciting to me.

#9 Posted by Conner (88 posts) -

If it is like GRAW, I probably won't buy it. As long as it is completely first person, it should be pretty good. I expect a great game.

Oh and also, on the Bungie forums, there is tons of theories and the best one I have read is that it will be a new Marathon game with Master Chief.

#10 Posted by Shadz (198 posts) -

I'll be excited for whatever they're working on.  I've also heard it could be Phoenix, which was canned during Halo 2.

#11 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I want a rpg halo.

#12 Posted by ajsuperstar (22 posts) -
MillerWakka said:
"I love the idea. Imagine a single elite actually being a real threat to you, just on his own. That sounds really exciting to me.
"
Yeah thats a really good idea, it would put the battles in perspective compared to being a super human dude in a suit who can just kill anything quite easily, the Brutes would be an immense pain in the butt. Maybe Vehicle combat will feature more as well.
#13 Posted by jNerd (2012 posts) -

I've never heard that b4 I'd enjoy something like that... I also wouldn't mind another Marathon game. But I can't wait for the "Bungie Event" they pulled out of E3 for...

#14 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

Halo: Combat Enhanced

i dunno but im happy it will focus on random soldiers as opposed to Master Chief. at least thats the rumor

#15 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -

I expect we might learn more at PAX -- several of Bungie's Weekly Updates on their site have confirmed that they will be attending, so maybe we'll get some new information.

I hope the new game is squad-based, but I hope it stays First-Person. Also, I hope it is set in a time frame before the events of Halo: CE, so that we can hopefully have the H1 Pistol back in multiplayer.

#16 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

it will be based before halo: ce. it better be first person. and the squad based would be cool, i want cover system

#17 Posted by Wafe (57 posts) -

Its all but confirmed that its is a third person squad based action game. Where you plays as the ODST marines in humanity's first battles with the covenant.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/04/25/rumor-bungies-next-game-a-third-person-halo-prequel/


http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26483669


#18 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -

I'd like to see Bungie do something other than Halo.


This is their new game.

#19 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

eh........ if its like graw i say skip

#20 Posted by jNerd (2012 posts) -
Fosssil said:
"I expect we might learn more at PAX -- several of Bungie's Weekly Updates on their site have confirmed that they will be attending, so maybe we'll get some new information.

I hope the new game is squad-based, but I hope it stays First-Person. Also, I hope it is set in a time frame before the events of Halo: CE, so that we can hopefully have the H1 Pistol back in multiplayer.
"
Good to know, thanx bro. I didn't even realise they where goin to PAX.
#21 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
epic_pets said:
"I want a rpg halo."
Same here.  I'd like an RPG similar to KOTOR, set in the halo universe.
#22 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

open world halo, go where u want like oblivion that would be awesome

#23 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

i think its not a rumor i believe its confirmed

#24 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

Nothing is confirmed but I expected Bungie to venture into a squad based shooter, if they can tie it into the Halo universe, better for everyone.

#25 Posted by Dauragon (554 posts) -
armacore said:
"It's said to be another Halo game.

Conner said:
"the best one I have read is that it will be a new Marathon game with Master Chief."
No, and will never happen. The Halo universe is separate from the Marathon universe

"
OR SO THEY SAY!


*dramatic organ music*
#26 Posted by markuslui (4 posts) -

console exclusivity anyone?

#27 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Well I didn't really like GRAW but it still sounds like a third person squad based game could work.

#28 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -
jNerd said:
"Fosssil said:
"I expect we might learn more at PAX -- several of Bungie's Weekly Updates on their site have confirmed that they will be attending, so maybe we'll get some new information.

I hope the new game is squad-based, but I hope it stays First-Person. Also, I hope it is set in a time frame before the events of Halo: CE, so that we can hopefully have the H1 Pistol back in multiplayer.
"
Good to know, thanx bro. I didn't even realise they where goin to PAX.
"
Yep, here's a link to one of the updates where they talk about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.