Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

NXE is too slow.

Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fracture

Anyone have any tips on speeding the NXE up? It seems to just load way slower than it should and some days seems to take forever to do anything.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Diamond

How is it slow for you?  You mean how long it takes to display your HDD contents in XBLA for example?

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hitchenson

Huh, I haven't had any slow-down on it since the update the other week.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Pazy

Complain to M$, a lot. Ive had this problem since its launch, there are times when I wait 10 minutes in the games library and nothing has appeared and it just searches.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Lashe
    @Hitchenson said:
    " Huh, I haven't had any slow-down on it since the update the other week. "
    Ditto. 
    Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Megalon
    @Pazy said:

" Complain to M$, a lot. Ive had this problem since its launch, there are times when I wait 10 minutes in the games library and nothing has appeared and it just searches. "

That sounds like you have a hard drive problem or something...I have a shit-ton of games in there and mine loads within a few seconds.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pazy
    @Megalon said:
    " @Pazy said:

" Complain to M$, a lot. Ive had this problem since its launch, there are times when I wait 10 minutes in the games library and nothing has appeared and it just searches. "

That sounds like you have a hard drive problem or something...I have a shit-ton of games in there and mine loads within a few seconds. "
    It could very well be but there is very little I can do about it without ripping out the hard drive :| Though the problem also exists when looking at gamepages, sometimes its a couple seconds but mostly it takes an inordinate amount of time.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Pazy: What, even after the recent update? Is your console a launch model?
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pazy
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @Pazy: What, even after the recent update? Is your console a launch model? "
    Its relativly recent since this is my third after two RROD (one of which was after 3 days :|) which got replaced sometime around febuary. I just have terrible luck with Xbox 360's.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Pazy:  I recommend you clear your cache, see if that helps. Go to Settings > Memory > Press Y on your HDD > Clear cache
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60
    @Hitchenson said:
    " Huh, I haven't had any slow-down on it since the update the other week. "
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pazy
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @Pazy:  I recommend you clear your cache, see if that helps. Go to Settings > Memory > Press Y on your HDD > Clear cache "

Done that many a time :) No help sadly. Luckely I barely use my 360 anymore and have tended to play more PC and DS games so I generally avoid it and only use the NXE when  I have to (an exclusive trailer or to play an arcade game).
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Pazy: Ah, fair enough dude. 
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Crono11

For me, whenever I'd hit the guide button it would take around 30-45 seconds for it to come up but since the last update it's gone so much faster that it's almost instant....maybe you should wait for a new update? I know that's not really good advice but I got no idea how to make it faster except for clearing the cache which didn't work for me but it might for you.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By KowalskiManDown

NXE has had no delay since the update for me.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By bubahula

ive had zero delay since that update
    ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By ShadowKiller

My NXE used to constantly freeze up at the worst times (Middle of matchmaking in Halo when I was accepting party invites) but since the update I have no lag at all. Maybe you should try clearing your cache?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Maybe you're just too fast. Did you ever stop and think about THAT?!?!

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By cinemandrew

It's definitely better since the latest update, but I honestly think that the speed of the dashboard is dependent (to a certain extent) on the speed of your internet connection (assuming you're connected to Live). I noticed a huge difference in the speed of my system when moving around when disconnected, or when I'm plugged in with an ethernet cable, and not the pos wireless adapter. When I was using the wireless adapter, just about everything was way slower. It wasn't just the online content, but browsing through my games library too. I'm not totally sure why, but I'm guessing it's because of the other stuff it pulls up when you're connected. For instance: when not connected, most older games do not display an image in the "Play game" window, but sign in to Live, and one pops up. Maybe I'm totally wrong, and it's just an unfortunate coincidence, but it makes sense.

SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SUBL1ME

Really? I've found the NXE to be way faster than the blades ever were. And if the dash is going real slow try clearing the cache. Thats usually the problem when the dashboard isn't running right. Some corrupted data or something along those lines, you'll never really know for sure what the cause is because the 360 won't tell you jack about whats going on with itself. 360 may be more user friendly but its too basic, hell they just recently made clearing the cache an actual option. Before it was a button code you had to press like it was damn cheat code or something.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By xMP44x

I have to agree - I've noticed slowdown in the NXE since it was released, in November last year. I don't see a point to complaining to Microsoft, as I don't use the dashboard much.

However, I've come up with something of a solution. If it is searching for your Games Library or whatever, and it takes a long time, press B, and then go back in. It always works for me - it might not work for everyone though.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By breadfan

I still have the guide freeze up once and a while, but hardly as often as it did before the last update

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By JJWeatherman

Loading up your arcade games and demos and such has always been a bit slow. I don't think there's much anyone can do about it.

HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HAMMERCLAW

There is still perceptible lag for me as well, but not as bad as before the lastest update.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.