Offline Gamer Profile Transfer to Xbox Live Profile?

#1 Posted by godfather40 (8 posts) -

I have a 360 but only recently pulled the trigger for Xbox Live Gold and am waiting for it to ship.

Had a question about my gamer profile though..is there a way to transfer my offline gamer profile that I've had to the new profile that I will have when I get XBOX Live? I don't want to lose all the achievements and whatnot that I've spent time getting. Also, I made a profile on the Xbox site if that makes any difference with the process. Any advice would be appreciated!

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

I dont think you can do that

#3 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

pull up the profile youve been using and tell it to connect to Xbox Live. if youre name is taken, you may be screwed, though. Not sure if they prompt you to change it or what.

You've gone this whole time without downloading anything off XBLA, though?

#4 Posted by godfather40 (8 posts) -

Yeah haven't downloaded anything yet surprisingly haha.

damn it would suck to start over with everything..

#5 Posted by Krisgebis (222 posts) -

Just make your offline profil into an online one. Everything you have achieved and your saves will be saved. If your name is taken, you get to pick a new one.

#6 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

by the way, you dont have to wait to find out. you can do that, right now. You dont need Gold to get on XBL (Im sure you knew that). Id have to look through the new dash to find the option, but it was always there, before. itll say connect to XBL, somewhere.

#7 Posted by Vinny_Says (5707 posts) -

Just connect to xbox live silver and wait until your gold arrives, everything tranfers over but if your name is already taken you can choose a new one.

#8 Posted by MetalBaofu (1383 posts) -

Yeah...what everyone else said. Just go ahead and use your profile to go online and get a silver account, and change your name if you have to. Then, you will be good to go with all your achievements and everything.

#9 Posted by godfather40 (8 posts) -

Alright cool thanks a lot for the help everyone!

#10 Posted by Pitta (182 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Just connect to xbox live silver and wait until your gold arrives, everything tranfers over but if your name is already taken you can choose a new one.

This is correct

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.