Pac Man CE DX

#1 Posted by eugenesaxe (199 posts) -

Yeah, some of us play old-school (even if it is updated).

Anyway, I have a ? about the ratings. I get the a/b/c grades, but WTF is the "S"? Do you get it for 3 As and 2 Bs? Some overall score thingy? Anybody else willing to admit they play it?

#2 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2298 posts) -

S is the highest rating you can get.

#3 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

@eugenesaxe said:

Anybody else willing to admit they play it?

Admit? Pac-Man is one of the greatest games ever made, don't know anyone who would contest that *fact*.

The original, Ms. Pac-Man, Championship Edition and CE DX are all amazing; even the crazy pinball hybrid Baby Pac-Man is pretty awesome.

I admit nothing, instead I proudly announce that yes, I play the shit out of Pac-Man!!!

#4 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

You must be new here.

#5 Posted by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

@eugenesaxe said:

Yeah, some of us play old-school (even if it is updated).

Anyway, I have a ? about the ratings. I get the a/b/c grades, but WTF is the "S"? Do you get it for 3 As and 2 Bs? Some overall score thingy? Anybody else willing to admit they play it?

Why would anyone have to admit that they play one of the most well-regarded and praised XBL Arcade games from 2010? You clearly haven't been around Giant Bomb for long if you think that playing Pac-Man CE DX is something to be ashamed of.

#6 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

People who haven't played this game should be ashamed not the other way around.

#7 Posted by StrainedEyes (1324 posts) -

I S-ranked this game the same night I bought it.

#8 Posted by ptc (619 posts) -

S Rank = You got all the achievements.

#9 Posted by eugenesaxe (199 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: Hardly ashamed of it, just used to dealing with younger types who go "Pac Man? WTF?" I still prefer the oldies; back then a game had to be good, not just look pretty.

#10 Edited by eugenesaxe (199 posts) -

@IkariNoTekken: Yeah, I'm new here and not used to people who halfway understand gaming or appreciate its beginnings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.