#2 Posted by SilentCommando (607 posts) -

I've gotten one.

#3 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1186 posts) -

<>

#4 Posted by luce (4056 posts) -
#5 Posted by Sanryd (1441 posts) -

<>

#6 Posted by Jayross (2647 posts) -

Why would I pay $300 for another terrible console? no thanks.

#7 Posted by Toxin066 (3375 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" Why would I pay $300 for another terrible console? no thanks. "
You posted here, that must mean you picked one up.

Yo, I got mine earlier today. And a transfer cable. Productive day.

<>
#8 Posted by Jayross (2647 posts) -
@Toxin066 said:
" @Jayross said:
You posted here, that must mean you picked one up.  Yo, I got mine earlier today. And a transfer cable. Productive day.  <> "
clearly..
#9 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

Got mine last Friday.

#10 Posted by mordecaix7 (726 posts) -

Got mine yesterday.  I love it.  Managing to keep my launch console alive for five years to get this beauty was well worth the effort :)

Has anyone noticed how much faster the NXE dashboard is loading up things?  My games list used to take at least 20 seconds to load, now two seconds is a bad day.

#11 Posted by Falconer (1801 posts) -

<>

#12 Edited by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -
@mordecaix7 said:

" Got mine yesterday.  I love it.  Managing to keep my launch console alive for five years to get this beauty was well worth the effort :)  Has anyone noticed how much faster the NXE dashboard is loading up things?  My games list used to take at least 20 seconds to load, now two seconds is a bad day. "

I saw a comparrison between a new slim vs. a elite on Attack of the Show (yesterday I think). The new slim booted up and went to dashboard a few seconds quicker than the Elite. Not that a couple seconds solved all the problems, but nice to know you get a little extra power.
#13 Posted by mordecaix7 (726 posts) -
@Burns098356GX said:
" @mordecaix7 said:

" Got mine yesterday.  I love it.  Managing to keep my launch console alive for five years to get this beauty was well worth the effort :)  Has anyone noticed how much faster the NXE dashboard is loading up things?  My games list used to take at least 20 seconds to load, now two seconds is a bad day. "

I saw a comparrison between a new slim vs. a elite on Attack of the Show (yesterday I think). The new slim booted up and went to dashboard a few seconds quicker than the Elite. Not that a couple seconds solved all the problems, but nice to know you get a little extra power. "
I can imagine the newer 360s that have been released in the past two years won't see that much of a difference but comparing to a launch console, it's pretty fast.
#14 Posted by PurpleLink (6 posts) -

I got mine at GameStop last Friday.  One of only three that they had in stock [after the cashiers grabbed some for themselves probably].

#15 Posted by sixpin (1330 posts) -
#16 Posted by Maximus_VI (63 posts) -

* Raises hand. Very happy with my purchase.

#17 Posted by mazik765 (2329 posts) -
@Jayross said:
Dissing the 360 makes him hardcore!...on the internet.

I haven't gotten one yet, but I plan to. Now to get some money....
#18 Posted by Peacemaker (1124 posts) -

I got one, and love it.  I had no HDMI and had a 20 gb HDD before.  It's nice to not have to worry about space(I couldn't really buy anything else downloadable for it).  It's quiet too, that was worth the price alone.

#19 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -

Traded in my elite and other stuff and got it two days after it was announced, only had to pay $50. I'm enjoying it a lot and after having all my stuff on the HDD, I still have over 100 gigs left. Win.

#20 Posted by Jayross (2647 posts) -
@mazik765: I understand that you want to justify such a large purchase, but if you already own a 360, this new one is not worth $300 no matter how you cut it.
#21 Posted by Soapy86 (2662 posts) -

I have one. After I traded my old 360 plus some accessories I ended up playing less than fifty dollars for it.  

I'm super happy with it. It's quieter than my PS3, the HDD is a fantastic upgrade considering I was still rocking the 20gig from launch, and the built in adapter is really great too; I don't know if it's true, but the downloads seem much zippier.

#22 Edited by guitarjunkie1123 (55 posts) -
@Jayross: I completely agree with you if each of these people already had an elite, however, you're ignoring the high possibility that many people, such as myself, had a launch 20gb no HDMI system which we traded in to gamestop with an additional $100 credit. I spent a grand total of $112 for my system with a 230gb memory upgrade as well as a much quieter system, quicker load times because of the installed games, and MUCH higher video quality from the HDMI cable. I consider that worth $100 bucks given how much I use my 360.

EDIT: I just realized that $100 Bucks is redundant...
#23 Posted by K3vinkha0S (70 posts) -

um... yea

#24 Posted by BestUsernameEver (5027 posts) -

#25 Edited by mazik765 (2329 posts) -
@Jayross said:

" @mazik765: I understand that you want to justify such a large purchase, but if you already own a 360, this new one is not worth $300 no matter how you cut it. "

Well considering I have been meaning to get a wireless adapter for a while now and my 60gb hard drive is quickly filling up, I may as well pay the extra $50 extra and get a new console instead of getting the components separately and waiting for this one to die.

If someone has all that stuff already anyway, yeah it's probably not worth it. But if you don't (like I don't) then it is a great money saver.
#26 Posted by caesius6 (251 posts) -

I got mine two days after the reveal. I had a launch 360 with a wireless adapter and somehow lasted 4 and a half years on 20 gigs. It was COMPLETELY worth the $100 bucks I spent. Built in Wi-Fi, 230 more gigs of HDD space (!!!!!), I don't hear a single peep from this system, HDMI picture and sound, and not to mention it looks a lot nicer.
The 360 is my center of entertainment in my house. it houses Last.FM, and my music collection through my stereo, my Netflix instant queue, and my games and DVD's. A small contribution of money (thanks to Gamestop) was well worth the huge upgrade to my Entertainment center.

#27 Posted by LiquidPrince (16447 posts) -

Got it.

#28 Posted by fugie7 (1130 posts) -

got one

#29 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2199 posts) -

Got one the Thursday after it was announced and I'm already thinking about popping the question.

#30 Posted by _Horde (850 posts) -

Not released yet over in Swedenland, but I will get one when it's released! :D
#31 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (753 posts) -

first day my gamestop had it, took the last one.

#32 Posted by Persecution89 (45 posts) -

I bought one on the 25th of june, sort of a birthday present to myself lmao. I'm loving how insanely quiet it is and the build quality definately seems more solid than the previous 360.
#33 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (820 posts) -

picked mine up this morning! 

#34 Posted by StickShifter05 (53 posts) -

I bought one! My name is now GREEN!
#35 Posted by JJWeatherman (14789 posts) -
@StickShifter05 said:
" I bought one! My name is now GREEN! "
Oh dayum son. The new 360 has the power to alter CSS code on the internet.
#36 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (820 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @StickShifter05 said:
" I bought one! My name is now GREEN! "
Oh dayum son. The new 360 has the power to alter CSS code on the internet. "
THATS the kind of power I can get behind! 
#37 Posted by Jayross (2647 posts) -
@mazik765: You are waiting for your system to die? Saying that sounds pretty pathetic. 

But sure, I can understand not being able to switch to only playstation, as I have already built up my friends and achievements. 
#38 Posted by NekuCTR (1710 posts) -

Got mine at launch.

#39 Posted by Organicalistic_ (3092 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" @Toxin066 said:
" @Jayross said:
You posted here, that must mean you picked one up.  Yo, I got mine earlier today. And a transfer cable. Productive day.  <> "
clearly.. "
hehehehe <3 or i mean <>
#40 Posted by mazik765 (2329 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" @mazik765: You are waiting for your system to die? Saying that sounds pretty pathetic.  But sure, I can understand not being able to switch to only playstation, as I have already built up my friends and achievements.  "
How is that pathetic? My console is years old and has been beat up a little.
#41 Posted by GoodKn1ght (522 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" @mazik765: I understand that you want to justify such a large purchase, but if you already own a 360, this new one is not worth $300 no matter how you cut it. "
while yes i do kind of agree with you, many people took advantage of the gamestop deals. My wireless adapter didn't work very well (i would have to unplug it and plug it in a couple times for it to finally work) so rather then by another 100 dollar one, i traded my 360, 120 hard drive, the adapter and a 64mb memory card for 200 bucks, so rather then buy another 100 dollar adapter, i spent an extra 30 for a brand new console, with pretty fast wireless, much faster then the old adapters but idk if its faster then the adapter with two antennae. Anyways the point of that was not to bore you to death, which i might have, but to show that some people are perfectly justified with such a large purchase. And some people are jus well off and like shinny, literally in this case, new things.
#42 Posted by DoctorTran (1584 posts) -

Yep. Traded in my launch Xbox 360 Elite for the Xbox 360 S.

#43 Posted by Nat3TheGreat13 (270 posts) -

I did the gamestop deal and only had to pay $50 dollars for mine.

#44 Posted by AuthenticM (4242 posts) -

I got one the weekend it was on shelves.

#45 Posted by JoshB (207 posts) -

yeah, plunked down the cash on launch day.... thats 2 360's, both on their launch days...

#46 Posted by themartyr (723 posts) -

I felt really tempted yesterday when I saw them, especially since I came into some money recently.

#47 Posted by AestheticSynthesis (429 posts) -
@Jayross said:
As an Elite owner I would have to agree. 120 gigs is more than enough space.
#48 Edited by Sooty (8195 posts) -

I got a free replacement by taking a broken Elite down and swapping it straight for a slim. :] 

Yay for free double hard drive space and wireless! Plus new pad and headset, pretty neat. I think the pad that comes with the 360 S is slightly different, I swear the bumpers are slightly elevated, for sure though the analog sticks are totally black now and the middle button has a reflection. 

Another thing I like is I can now use my 360 as a DVD player instead of having to rely on my PS3 all the time, before the fans droning on my old 360 was really annoying when it's late at night and I can't have stuff on too loud.

#49 Edited by Tenroe (40 posts) -
Just got my Slim today. Gotta say it's really impressed me! Super quiet even when it runs a game from the disc to install it's nowhere near asloud as my old xbox when it was just idoling. Love all the hard drive space aswell and the Wireless works FANTASTIC! Combined with the fact that the black and chrome trim matches my entertainment center ive been a happy man today!

Also yeah it is worth upgrading if you have a small hard drive and want wifi because those two upgrades seperately are nearly more than half the cost of the new system it's makes sense to get a whole new console. Especially considering now me and my brother in law don't have to share a system now. No more swapping and carrying the consoles around for me! You can't make a blanket statement and expect everyone to take it as fact because everyone is in a different situation and will do what suits their personal needs.
#50 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

I got one the week they were announced. The integrated wifi is worth the price of admission.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.