Prices for Kinect leaked. You will say 'god damn'.

#1 Posted by Metal_Mills (3001 posts) -
#2 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
God Damn.
#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Gosh darn.

#4 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Damn god.

#5 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
Bugger!
#6 Posted by Warfare (1635 posts) -

Fuck that.

#7 Posted by Drebin_893 (2918 posts) -

Dog Nmad.

#8 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4896 posts) -

god damn

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19355 posts) -

Doubt it.  They could just be place-holders, for now.

Online
#10 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

What in tarnation

#11 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

Things go from bad to worse for Microsoft.

#12 Posted by mosespippy (4210 posts) -

Good thing they made it look like you won't be missing out on anything good if you don't get one. That was very consumer friendly of them.

#13 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

pretty sure those are placeholders and they're wiating to see what Sony does with Move pricing, hence no price announcement today

#14 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

Bah hahahahahahahahaha.  
 
Also, God damn.

#15 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

lol wut?

#16 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Too much if true.

#17 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2478 posts) -

 

#18 Posted by Titl (539 posts) -

This will not be a succes..

#19 Posted by Blair (2508 posts) -
@Warfare said:
" Fuck that. "
Agreed.  My fuck, what are they thinking?
#20 Posted by sarahsdad (1100 posts) -

yeah. 150 for an add-on. damn.

#21 Posted by DeadDorf (388 posts) -

Wow, their sales are going to be lower than I thought.

#22 Posted by Metal_Mills (3001 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Doubt it.  They could just be place-holders, for now. "
I can't imagine them not announcing the price over 2 big conferences if it was a decent price.
#23 Posted by Tebbit (4465 posts) -

Jimminy Jellickers!

#24 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Its not so bad. I will probably be getting the bundle if this is true.

#25 Posted by Immunity (66 posts) -

Another reason to not buy it. Not that there wasn't enough reasons already.

#26 Posted by TheHBK (5488 posts) -

Seriously duder?  I mean seriously?  You are gonna rush to Gamestop's website and say they know the price?  No.  Just no.  This is the pricing scheme that was SPECULATED on last week by some dude in a suit in new york.  Like the guys said last night, MS is probably going to wait to see how much the whole PS Move thing will cost and what they can do to undercut that.  With the Kinect, you dont need extra controllers for more people so the price will be higher than a PS move controller.  BUt a peripheral at $150?  I highly doubt that.  It gets me thinking Sega CD and Sega 32x.  And people please, dont rush to Gamestop for pricing, you know they just go off what they heard so that they have something to charge so they can get preorders for that shit started.  These motherfuckers live on preorders.

#27 Posted by rentfn (1280 posts) -

oh Clarence. Your so right.

#28 Posted by LiquidPrince (15969 posts) -

Gawd Dayum.

#29 Posted by lightsoda (541 posts) -

Blah blu. Seems reasonable.

#30 Posted by RobotHamster (4172 posts) -

They've really fucked up.

#31 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -

oh please let the sony move be way cheaper, i actually like that one.

#32 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

After what Microsoft showed at the press conference there's no way I'm getting a Kinect anytime soon, no matter the price.

#33 Posted by freecajunlove (145 posts) -

Anyone pay $90 for a WiiFit?
#34 Posted by mracoon (4972 posts) -

Really, Kinect Adventures is a full price game on top of a rip-off price for Kinect itself? My interest in this keeps on falling.

Moderator
#35 Posted by sarahsdad (1100 posts) -

I'll be interested to see if the 'Arcade' still has no HD, or if they put in the 250 shown in the promo video on the dashboard, and maybe pop a 500 in the elite. 
Speaking of that video, I wonder if built in wifi will be in both models, or if it'll still be a plug in adaptor dongle that can be bought.  
 
Getting a bit off track, but for 150.00, got to hope for a bundled game.

#36 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -

at this price point... pass

#37 Posted by Jimbo (9820 posts) -

If true, Pachter was $100 out on a $150 price tag.  Impressive.

#38 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Yeah, well.

#39 Posted by BergDK (270 posts) -

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up there... But this isn't an official price yet.

#40 Posted by BrockSampson (299 posts) -

Really 70 dollars with a game? Are you high, It has multiple cameras that detect your position and movement with depth in real time. Technology wise it is pretty advanced, surprisingly so.  69.99 for the games is a little much though, at least games that only work with Kinect. 
 
By the logic being put forward in this post, no add on could ever or should ever be above 100 dollars. If they figured out how to harness a flux capacitor in the confines of your chosen consoles, people would  be crying to their heavens that it is a rip off and that you are going to take a stand and not buy the overpriced add on.

#41 Posted by solidlife (880 posts) -

Say hello to the 32x for me. 

#42 Posted by PurpleSpandex (282 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
"

Seriously duder?  I mean seriously?  You are gonna rush to Gamestop's website and say they know the price?  No.  Just no.  This is the pricing scheme that was SPECULATED on last week by some dude in a suit in new york.  Like the guys said last night, MS is probably going to wait to see how much the whole PS Move thing will cost and what they can do to undercut that.  With the Kinect, you dont need extra controllers for more people so the price will be higher than a PS move controller.  BUt a peripheral at $150?  I highly doubt that.  It gets me thinking Sega CD and Sega 32x.  And people please, dont rush to Gamestop for pricing, you know they just go off what they heard so that they have something to charge so they can get preorders for that shit started.  These motherfuckers live on preorders.

"
This 1000 times this dont take some picture at face value retailers put place holder prices on everything.
#43 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -

It'll still sell well enough... unfortunately.

#44 Posted by swamplord666 (1760 posts) -

dayum soooon

#45 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1120 posts) -

That's an awful lot of money for a building toy.

#46 Edited by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

$60 for those games is to much.

#47 Posted by Cirdain (3093 posts) -
Live rates at 2010.06.14 20:33:00 UTC
 



    149.99 USD  =  101.681 GBP
#48 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Wasn't interested before, really not interested in it now.

#49 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

Christ 

#50 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -
@BrockSampson said:
" Really 70 dollars with a game? Are you high, It has multiple cameras that detect your position and movement with depth in real time. Technology wise it is pretty advanced, surprisingly so.  69.99 for the games is a little much though, at least games that only work with Kinect.   By the logic being put forward in this post, no add on could ever or should ever be above 100 dollars. If they figured out how to harness a flux capacitor in the confines of your chosen consoles, people would  be crying to their heavens that it is a rip off and that you are going to take a stand and not buy the overpriced add on. "
Two entire cameras... The technology is astounding! No wonder this rocket space technology is marked at such a high price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.