Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Problem with recovered profile deleted achievements...

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By alexrubens

I was at my friends house and recovered my profile. When I was back at my house, I wasn't connected to xbox live for about 2 months and played many games offline and got about 6000 achievement points. But when I tried to connect to live, it made me recover my profile and it recovered successfully. But the achievements that I earned while offline didn't show up. I put in assassins creed and loaded up my save and it unlocked the achievements but when I tried to do this with the orange box, all achievements are shown unlocked in the game-specific achievement lists in each game but my live profile shows that only 555g are unlocked. Is there a way to fix this? Some games won't even do what assassins creed did and I want my gamerscore! Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By maxszy

Go to www.joystiq.com and search for this. I have heard of this, and I believe they ran a story regarding this awhile back. (Can't say I remember quite when it was though)

As for getting it back... I don't want to sound bleak but it doesn't sound good. Since your latest data was tied to a different console which was connected to LIVE, it doesn't sound good. Its basically ( I think ) having two instances of your gamer tag running yet only one is registering with the servers. Since they think the one that has logged into the servers from a console is where your GT is, that is the one that should take precedence.

Now I may be completely wrong, but I think i've heard things along these lines before. (Sorry :( )

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Captain_Fookup

what you need to do is transfer your account onto a memory card and go online with it or bring your xbox over to a friends and plug it in, unless you have a modded xbox go with the memory card.

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alexrubens

Captain_Fookup said:
    "what you need to do is transfer your account onto a memory card and go online with it or bring your xbox over to a friends and plug it in, unless you have a modded xbox go with the memory card."

I don't really understand what bringing my profile onto my memcard then loading it on my friends would do.. I got the achievements on my console while I was offline. I already recovered my profile onto my console and i m pretty sure it overrode the offline one.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Misread what your wrote, never mind if you can't find anything online about your situation I think you're fucked.

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By alexrubens

yep. I think I am. I couldn't find anything on joystiq or anywhere else. I don't want to have to play them all again though.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Hitchenson

My mate had the same problem around my house, but just by putting in the games he had got achievments off. And loading up a save, fixed his problem. Hope that helps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Actually, if you've recovered your gamertag, those points are lost. Happened to me with around 400 points in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
    The only way you could've got those 6000 points would've been to immediatly recovered your gamertag when you got home, had your profile on a memory card or (And I'm not quite sure about this) brought your hardrive with the 6000 ponts to your friends house, gone online from there and then recovered your gamertag at home.

My sympathy is with you

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Ubergeist

Yea this happened to me too. I had a ton of achievements for Mirror's Edge, now it says I've never played the game. Glad it didn't take away my credit for them.

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alexrubens

ok thanks guys. This really sucks. At least you can still get yours by playing it. Mine says that they are all unlocked in the ingame achievement menu but only shows 565g in the dashboard and when i do the things it says that i dont have unlocked in the dashboard, it doesnt unlock them because the game says that they are unlocked. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.