Question (yet to buy)

#1 Posted by M1 (45 posts) -

It may be a stupid question but if I purchase a 360 and it gets a RROD would I need to have a credit card in order to send it in for repairs?

#2 Edited by pyromaniac (1703 posts) -

nah you just call em up and they take care of everything..hell if you are good enough you might even yell your way to a free game or something.

#3 Posted by Tovan (633 posts) -

If it's RROD no they will not ask for your credit card, for anything else however, they will.

#4 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

No, no card is required.

#5 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -
M1 said:
"It may be a stupid question but if I purchase a 360 and it gets a RROD would I need to have a credit card in order to send it in for repairs?
"
No just your shipping info and the serial number.
#6 Posted by M1 (45 posts) -

Thanks for the speedy responses everyone.

#7 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

No credit card needed for the RROD and it is true that you can yell your way to some free swag. I know because I did it myself :P

#8 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

You have to send it back to them and wait a week or so usually.

#9 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

If you were to purchase a new 360 now, the odds are unlikely that you would even get RROD. :D

#10 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
M1 said:
"It may be a stupid question but if I purchase a 360 and it gets a RROD would I need to have a credit card in order to send it in for repairs?
"
No way. Just call them(remember to take out your harddrive before sending), send it, and they'll reply back to you after 2 weeks or so.
#11 Posted by METALM1LITIA91 (259 posts) -

go to xbox.com is you have problems. They have an express link where you can skip the english deficient telephone people and just have them send you a box. Thats much more convienent

#12 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Nope

#13 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

no you wouldnt

#14 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

no means no

#15 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

Nope, you don't necessarily need a credit card. They jsut ask for your name and address.

#16 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

They asked my friend for his console serial number

#17 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

All you need isa phone, which you should have if aren't from the renaisance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.