Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

QuickPlay feature *ultra*-slow

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By umdesch4

I've got a 360 Elite, bought a couple months before the black ones came out. There are 5 profiles on it, and the drive is about 2/3 full, with maybe a couple dozen games installed on it. It seems to work fine for most things, but there's one thing that's completely outrageous. When I hit QuickPlay from the home menu, it takes over 45 seconds to generate the list. If I'm playing a game that was chosen via that list, and I exit to dashboard, I have a blank screen for another 45 seconds as it comes back to that list again.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix for it? I'm pretty sure when QuickPlay first came around, it was only about 10 seconds or so to come up.

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By blueinferno

Happens to me too. The new dashboard just sucks.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I've had this problem within the first year I bought an Xbox 360 (2006).

My arcade games would always take forever to load everything, and now that everything is under "My Games" it takes EVEN LONGER.

The quickplay is just ridiculous because it takes just as long to load, what, 8 games/programs? There some cache problem going on or something

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

This isn't an isolated incident. It's slow for pretty much everyone.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CABBAGES

Yup mine takes minutes !

Mine got so bad once that nothing would really work on the dashboard and some games lagged. For example the wee intro bit of bf3 would chug along and even some of the graphics fucked up or disappeared in the bit after a round.

I deleted my profile then recoverd it and the laggy games stopped and the dashboard started working better again but still even going into my games or quickplay i need to wait minutes before anything shows up :( Its not just games its apps and other stuff to.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By iamjohn

@blueinferno said:

Happens to me too. The new dashboard just sucks.

First post gets it right. Thread is done.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By deanoxd

everything for me on the 360 dashboard is slow as shit

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Try clearing you Cache. It gets filled up w/ patches for games and bogs the system down. Cleaning it out generally improves loadtimes and stops random crashes.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By umdesch4

@believer258 said:

This isn't an isolated incident. It's slow for pretty much everyone.

That's what I thought too, but then I started asking around, and watching youtube videos and stuff, and what most people seem to be calling "slow" is around 10-15 seconds. This came to mind again today, thanks to the point around 11 minutes into the Virtua Fighter 5 Quick Look . I would assume that a 360 in the Giantbomb offices would have an unholy amount of crap on it, and exhibit at least a little bit of lag there, but it's instantaneous!

@SteamPunkJin said:

Try clearing you Cache. It gets filled up w/ patches for games and bogs the system down. Cleaning it out generally improves loadtimes and stops random crashes.

Thanks, I'll give that a try this evening, and report back if it makes any kind of difference...

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By umdesch4

@SteamPunkJin: Ok, so I tried that, and I have to say, it did make a significant difference. While it's still slow, at around 15 seconds, at least now one could make the argument that using QuickPlay, you might be able to launch something slightly faster than by otherwise navigating to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.