Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Razer Onza TE arrived ... makes scratchy noises :/

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

Hey,

I just got a Razer Onza TE. I immediately fiddled around with the resistance on the analog sticks .... now they make (silent) scratchy noises. I this normal, or should I send it back right away?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

A third party xbox controller has issues? What a surprise. Always buy first party controllers.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wuddel

@MrKlorox said:

A third party xbox controller has issues? What a surprise. Always buy first party controllers.

Meh. What a helpful comment. This is Razer. The reviews were pretty good so far.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@MrKlorox said:

inorite

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrKlorox

@Wuddel said:

@MrKlorox said:

Meh. What a helpful comment. This is Razer. The reviews were pretty good so far.

It was indeed a helpful comment back when I typed it into your thread asking about what controller to buy. Or rather, it would have been had it been considered.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wuddel

@MrKlorox said:

@Wuddel said:

@MrKlorox said:

It was indeed a helpful comment back when I typed it into your thread asking about what controller to buy. Or rather, it would have been had it been considered.

Touché.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By samfo

@MrKlorox said:

@Wuddel said:

@MrKlorox said:

hahaha that is brilliant!

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Gav47

You mean the sticks grind like there is dirt in between the sticks and casing? Try cleaning them with a can of compressed air if that doesn't work RMA that sucker.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By JoeyRavn

@MrKlorox said:

The Razer Onza is an officially licensed product, not a cheap imitation. If there's any problem with it, it's probably a problem with this particular unit. TC, you should try contacting the official Razer support. I don't think that noise is normal, so maybe you can tell them to change it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sooty

@JoeyRavn said:

@MrKlorox said:

The Razer Onza is an officially licensed product.

So is the Mad Catz Fight Stick SE and that turned out to be a complete and total mess!

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wuddel

@Gav47 said:

You mean the sticks grind like there is dirt in between the sticks and casing? Try cleaning them with a can of compressed air if that doesn't work RMA that sucker.

Ok. Maybe I am a wussy about this. In the loosest configuration (wheel up) the noise is gone. It's really silent and seems to be "inside" the stick. Where it relays the signals. It doesn't hinder movement. Maybe this is simply due to the fact that they are adjustable.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Sooty

@JoeyRavn said:

@MrKlorox said:

So is the Mad Catz Fight Stick SE and that turned out to be a complete and total mess!

The TE turned out to be amazing!
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sooty

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Sooty

@JoeyRavn said:

@MrKlorox said:

Only because they use Sanwa buttons and joysticks in the TE. The SE has Mad Catz cheap knock off parts and had a glaring PCB problem with the first few batches.

One of my SE sticks had 2-3 buttons die within 2 months, just glad it was easy to put Sanwa parts in. I actually don't know anybody that has had an SE stick last. (with stock parts)

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Sooty said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@MrKlorox said:

Well, obviously, having an official license doesn't mean it'll be as good as the original every single time. The thing is, being a 3rd party controller doesn't necessarily mean it's bad either. On the other hand, Razer has always had better quality products than Mad Catz...

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrKlorox

@Sooty said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Sooty

@JoeyRavn said:

@MrKlorox said:

Only because they use Sanwa buttons and joysticks in the TE. The SE has Mad Catz cheap knock off parts and had a glaring PCB problem with the first few batches.

One of my SE sticks had 2-3 buttons die within 2 months, just glad it was easy to put Sanwa parts in. I actually don't know anybody that has had an SE stick last. (with stock parts)

Fightsticks and fightpads don't count in the first party rule because there are no first party fightsticks or fightpads for the third parties to clone. The first party controller rule only applies to controllers that have a first party counterpart.

The only first party fightstick-like controller I can think of off the top of my head would be the NES Advantage, which fucking rocked.

@JoeyRavn said:

@MrKlorox said:

Purchasing a license does not mean it's first party.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By samfo

@JoeyRavn: I think MadCatz have turned that around to an extent. The Rock Band 3 instruments were all top notch quality

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By cinemandrew

@Wuddel: By "silent" do you mean "quiet"?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wuddel

@cinemandrew: Ah sure. Sorry, not a native english speaker.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By cinemandrew

@Wuddel: Ah, no worries. Just wanted to clarify.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MideonNViscera
    @MrKlorox said:

@Wuddel said:

@MrKlorox said:

haha Wow, you don't see that kind of turnaround every day. Nicely done.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By scarace360
    @Sooty said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@MrKlorox said:

its your fault forr buying a SE
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sooty

@MrKlorox said:

@Sooty said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Sooty

@JoeyRavn said:

@MrKlorox said:

Fightsticks and fightpads don't count in the first party rule because there are no first party fightsticks or fightpads for the third parties to clone. The first party controller rule only applies to controllers that have a first party counterpart.

The only first party fightstick-like controller I can think of off the top of my head would be the NES Advantage, which fucking rocked.

The Dreamcast arcade stick! It was pretty damn good surprisingly.

@scarace360 said:

@Sooty said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@MrKlorox said:

its your fault forr buying a SE

I bought an SE with the sole intention to mod it. I had to put up with the shitty Mad Catz parts for about 2 months, though, as it was mighty hard getting Sanwa parts at the time. Huge demand around the time of SFIV's release.

So in short no it's not my fault and it hardly inconvenienced me anyway.

and finding a TE without a pre-order was nigh on impossible.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Daaaaaamn... :<

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Branthog

The first hint it might kinda suck was that it was a third party controller. I've played around with plenty of those for the 360 and they just never feel or work right (the exception being fight sticks). The second hint is that it's Razer, which has only made one worthwhile product, ever - the Boombslang (the original one, from about a decade ago and not the remake they tried to market when they realized it was what everyone really wanted instead of their other fifty sparkly mice). Everything else is gimmick loaded ridiculous crap to sell to the guys who like to stick LEDs in their side-windowed computers.

Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate to RMA that sucker if it doesn't work right or even request a refund if it doesn't live up to the hype you were promised.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.