Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Red Ring question

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mcfart

A few days ago I was playing on my Xbox 360 and suddently it turned off with the 3 flashing Red lights...But I turned it on a minute later and it works fine, and I've had long game sessons and it's been fine....is my Xbox on borrowed time?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Stang

Sorry to say, but yeah. The reaper is near. That happend to me the first time I got RRoD, and I thought I was in the clear. Two weaks passed and I tried to play the 50 Cent game......froze then eternal RRoD. Guess that is what I get for liking that game :p

MS is good about RRoD replacements....it is just waiting that is a pain in the ass.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mcfart

It's only 2 months old though!

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stang

RRoD is a ruthless monster, I have a friend who got RRoD after 2 weeks. I have never had such a fucked up gaming experience.....to this day I am hesitant to play 360 our of fear of yet another system failure.

Call 1-800-4MYXBOX to get the prcoess started.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mcfart

Sigh, I was hoping the Elite had fixed RROD :(, *prays the problem dosen't return*

Za3r0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Za3r0

at least you have warranty. mine crapped out 2 weeks ago (2 red rings) and i had a launch console. now i have to find someone in my town that can fix it without giving MS my arm and leg.

and i already replaced the thermal compound under the heatsinks. so i would imagine MS wouldn't fix it.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang

I have "fixed" 2 360s, both with the X-clamp fix. Sadly both were temporary fixes; I did get an extra 4 months out of one of them though. I came to the conclusion of once you get RRoD, throw in the fucking towel, send the pos to MS and get a new console back.

And one of the 360s I sent in after the failed X-clamp fix was obviously missing the warranty sticker, MS didn't seem to mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.