RPG???

#1 Posted by ScoFu (5 posts) -

SO any one have any ideas on rggs that should be played but might not be that well known? I am looking for something with a good story.

#2 Posted by Addfwyn (1914 posts) -

A bit more specific? JRPG, WRPG, strategy RPG, action RPG? There's a lot of variance there.

#3 Posted by Dany (7886 posts) -

Mass effect 1, 2, 3

#4 Posted by Dany (7886 posts) -

Ah, shit, can't edit from my phone

I'd say somethig like too worlds would fit I what yor looking for

#5 Edited by Winternet (7936 posts) -

There is this game called Skyrim. I've heard it's pretty good. Edit: Oh wait, not well known? Hmm . .

@Dany said:

Mass effect 1, 2, 3

He said RPG.

#6 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

Baldurs Gate 2.

Neverwinter Nights 2 OC.

Dragon Age: Origins

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -
#8 Posted by Morningstar (2049 posts) -

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

#9 Posted by SMTDante89 (2475 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia?

#10 Edited by BonOrbitz (2089 posts) -

The OP is looking for 360 titles, not PC.

Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Darksiders, Knights of the Old Republic...

#11 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Considering this is in the Xbox 360 forum, I'm assuming you want 360 RPGs.

Lost Odyssey.

#12 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

resonance of fate

#13 Posted by ShaggE (5987 posts) -

Not exactly unknown, but I really liked what I played of Blue Dragon. It's one JRPG-ass JRPG, though, which may be a turnoff.

#14 Posted by ptc (615 posts) -

if you fancy action RPGs, then Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning.  I'm finding it very enjoyable.

#15 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia is pretty cool if you like JRPG's, and Lost Odyssey too. I can't think of any western rpg's that are good but are not well known, I have heard pretty good stories of Divine Divinity 2 after the updates they made to that game. It's on Games on Demand, like Tales of Vesperia.

#16 Edited by aldo_q (124 posts) -

It really depends on what your looking for (I at least will presume 360 titles). My personal favorites in the various RPG genre's available on the 360 would be:

JRPG: Lost Odyssey

Western RPG: Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas

Action RPG: Mass Effect 1 to 3 (abeit I still need to play 3 :p)

I think these represent the best RPG's you can find on the 360. If your more into any specific style of RPG there are more to find of those of course.

Edit: Oh, I only now saw you where looking for more unknown ones. Most lesser known ones are I found more unknown for a quite understandable reason. So I would not quickly recommend them (stuff like Two Worlds, etc.). If your into JRPG's however where are quite a few good titles out there. But JRPG's are of course a very specific style to enjoy. Blue Dragon is fun, Resonance of Fate, Tales of Vesperia... I myself even enjoyed Enchanted Arms a lot. But that one really shows it's age (it was released at the time the xbox came out).

#17 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -

Dragon Age: Origins is one of my favorite games of all time, although I played on PC so I cannot vouch for gamepad controls. Fallout: New Vegas is really great and I even ended up enjoying even more than Fallout 3 because I thought the writing was better overall (I'm also a bit of a sucker for revolvers). Dues Ex: Human Revolution was also great. I played all of those on PC but I believe only DA:O was significantly hindered on the 360.

#18 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -
@Winternet

There is this game called Skyrim. I've heard it's pretty good. Edit: Oh wait, not well known? Hmm . .

@Dany said:

Mass effect 1, 2, 3

He said RPG.

And he recommended 3 of them
#19 Posted by pantzing_nome (567 posts) -

For downloadable RPG's I enjoyed Penny Arcade Adventures: on the Rain Slicked Precipice 1 and 2, also Costume Quest is 50% off this week.

#20 Posted by Ezakael (871 posts) -

@Bishna said:

Dragon Age: Origins is one of my favorite games of all time, although I played on PC so I cannot vouch for gamepad controls. Fallout: New Vegas is really great and I even ended up enjoying even more than Fallout 3 because I thought the writing was better overall (I'm also a bit of a sucker for revolvers). Dues Ex: Human Revolution was also great. I played all of those on PC but I believe only DA:O was significantly hindered on the 360.

Yeah Dragon Age Origins is a great game, even on the 360. That said if you're obsessed with graphics then don't bother, as DAO on Xbox looks really shitty. If you don't mind that though they have the ultimate edition out that comes with all the DLC and the expansion pack. That's well over 100 hours of greatness right there.

#21 Posted by MegaLombax (381 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia. It's got almost everything I've ever wanted from an RPG. Storyline was sometimes a bit bland though I thougt. Dragon Age: Origins has got excellent story telling though, but weak graphics.

#22 Posted by mordukai (7092 posts) -

@Winternet said:

@Dany said:

Mass effect 1, 2, 3

He said RPG.

LMFAO! ZING!

I would go with Dragon Age: Origins if you're looking for traditional WRPG.

#23 Posted by fox01313 (5033 posts) -

Fable2, Two Worlds (sequel better than the first & quite a lot there in 2nd Two Worlds), Venetica.

#24 Posted by Soapy86 (2597 posts) -

JRPG: Tales of Vesperia and Resonance of Fate

WRPG: Given the PC-centric nature of the game, you might have skipped over Dragon Age: Origins, but it's totally fine on console. Also, I hear Risen is pretty good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.