Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Should i Get an Xbox 360?

MonkeyMitcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MonkeyMitcho

I recently got a job!

Now that i'll actually have some money to spend (already made $300)

and it's summer,

and i don't have an Xbox.

I'm wondering if i should buy an Xbox 360, considering that I've looked at all the Xbox 360 exclusive and only a few games have caught my eyes (basically not enough to buy one yet)

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Halo Reach

Gears of War (2 and 3)

Fable 2

Crackdown 2

Please suggest some games i may have missed

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

You can buy SMB on Steam so it isn't exclusive. Crackdown 2 also isn't that good. I'd say go for it if you really want to.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By psylah

You should watch My Little Pony.

MonkeyMitcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MonkeyMitcho

@Phatmac: good point. I'll take it off.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TeamJersey

Yes get one and then purchase Dark Souls.

MonkeyMitcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MonkeyMitcho

@GenocidalKitten: PS3 and Wii and a bunch of older ones.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#8  Edited By Kidavenger

I bought one about a year ago, never use it, a good PC & PS3 cover 99% of the games I want to play.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hunkulese

There are a ton for 360 exclusives especially if the PC isn't an option

Amped 3

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts\

Dead Rising

The Fable series (not a guaranteed slam dunk but you may love them)

Forza

Hulk Hogans Main Event

Gunstringer

Viva Pinata

There are also a ton XBLA games that are awesome but good luck finding them now that the dashboard is a fucking mess.

Most of them are a few years old now but if you've never played them they hold up just fine.

Also I may have included one terrible game in my list to see if anyone was paying attention.

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImaTreee

well i bought one mainly to play with friends so i guess if you have friends that have 360's i say go for it.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By viking_funeral

Shadow Complex is a great Metroidvania game. Iron Brigade is a lot of fun as well. Oh, and Trials Evolution. Gotta play that.

Basically a good amount of XBLA titles. Unfortunately, it's impossible to pick up cheap 2nd hand copies of those. Full disc games? Um... Fable 2 isn't amazing. It starts out well, but by the end there is a lot of repetition and you're pretty much a god. But you can also get it for $5, so you might as well pick up a copy and form your own opinion.

Do you not have a PC that can play modern games? Because if you don't, this list is going to grow massively.

MonkeyMitcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonkeyMitcho

@Paul_Is_Drunk: i don't have a PC that can play games, no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@TeamJersey said:

Yes get one and then purchase Dark Souls.

Or save up for a PC that will last a long time, and then buy Dark Souls.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TeamJersey

@MonkeyMitcho: Congrats on the new job, btw.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ez123

My initial reaction is wait for next gen but a year and a half is a pretty long time. So, if you're really wanting 360 games right now and have the money, go for it. Get Crackdown instead of Crackdown 2, and try out Shadow Complex, Nuts and Bolts, Hydro Thunder, Forza 3, PGR 4 , Geometry Wars 2 and the ones you already said.

Tony Hawk isn't exclusive.

@MonkeyMitcho said:

Oh, that adds a ton of stuff then. Get Gears 1, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Viva Pinata, Insanely Twisted and Ms Splosion Man.

Though I think Trouble in Paradise is just a better version of Viva Pinata except 360 exclusive, I'm just adding games I played that are awesome. SImilarly, Forza 4 seems like a much better Forza 3.

@GenocidalKitten: I agree that Gears multi is pretty hard to get into but it's great. Reach multiplayer on the other hand is easily accessible , you don't really have to be that good, maybe in the MLG playlist or something.

Plus, these games have Horde modes which are awesome so someone buying Gears 3 would still get their moneys-worth without ever touching mutiplayer.

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
    SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

I rarely use mine, so honestly they're kind of a bad investment unless you really love console gaming.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By viking_funeral

@MonkeyMitcho said:

Alright, then you should check out the original Mass Effect. Then there is Orcs Must Die! It's quicker paced than Dungeon Defenders, but that's what I like about it. Bastion is an amazing game, and you can see the behind-the-scenes making of here on the site. Fez is... a very interesting game. You may not like it, but it's there. I guess you can try out Minecraft, but almost any PC should be able to run it decently. Might as well get Super Meat Boy as well. I'd recommend it on Steam, because there is a small chance XBLA games won't port to the next console, but if you have no choice...

Oh, damn. Almost forgot. The Witcher 2. Though that may be hard to find at a discount. Then, of course, the Gears, Halos, Forza, and other games already mentioned if you're into those games.

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By razkazz

I got a 360 for cheap after my PS3 died about a year ago. This is just my experience and I don't know if it applies to your situation, but here it is:

I'm not into the Halo series and Halo 3's story was impossible to get into for anyone who hasn't played the second game; I don't know if I've ever felt so indifferent toward a singleplayer campaign. The Halo Reach demo did seem much more interesting, to be fair.

I was extremely let down by Gears Of War. As a huge fan of Epic since the first Unreal I thought it would be my favorite series ever but I found it's storytelling pretty much on par with Quake 2 (insanely nonexistant for such a technically advanced thing) and its gameplay nothing new, since the multiplatform games that copied it did it just as well. I really wasn't missing anything. I've played through half of the second one and it hasn't done much to change my opinion on the series.

I was very excited to try the original games to some series that only had their sequels make it to PS3. But I found Call Of Juarez 1's clunky control, stealth/platforming sections, constant load times, and inferior storytelling to be such huge steps down from the sequel that it's taken me forever to slog through it. And I had pretty much the same experience with Condemned 1, but it does exceed it's predecessor in the atmospheric horror department.

As an FPS fanatic, Prey and Quake 4 were two of my most anticipated titles and while neither was perfect, I ended up liking them both pretty well.

On the download side of things, Quake Arena Arcade is a dream-title for me, unfortunately the online community is totally dead. Perfect Dark HD is a very cool N64 remake and more of those are desperately needed.

I know I haven't tried everything the 360 has to offer but I've tried most of the stuff that interests me and it's been pretty disappointing. I'm still grateful for the 360 since my PS3 died and it's all I've got at the moment, and I've been able to buy most of my favorite multiplatform games for it cheap; but in hindsight, the exclusives don't make it worth it for me personally. Oh yeah, also paying extra to play online and use netflix sucks.

MonkeyMitcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MonkeyMitcho

@ez123: Yeah i think i'll wait until next generation and see what happens.

Most good games are multiplatform anyways.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ez123

@MonkeyMitcho said:

@ez123: Yeah i think i'll wait until next generation and see what happens.

Most good games are multiplatform anyways.

I think there is enough games to justify it(especially for someone who bought a Wii) but it's slightly too late. Plus I completely forgot about the Wii U coming out this year and if you bought a Wii, you'll probably be interested in that.

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ptc

@MonkeyMitcho: Fable 2 is excellent, well worth playing. I really enjoyed Alan Wake too. Also, as suggested, Viva Pinata:Trouble in Paradise. And instead of Crackdown 2, pick up the original Crackdown. It holds up well. Finally, try Minecraft on XBLA. Everyone seems to love that "Game", so at least try it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.