Show of hands guys, Who's Buying Kinect this week?

• 106 results
#1 Edited by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

As basic as the title is, just go for it. Who here is planning to buy Kinect this week? Anyone attending midnight launches? If you are, are you buying another launch  game to go with it or will Kinect Adventures have to suffice? 

I'll throw another question out there: if you are buying Kinect & own a PS3, did you buy the Playstation Move? Why or why not?

#2 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Don't have interest in Kinect. This should probably have been a poll. 

#3 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

No 360, so no. Maybe someday.

#4 Posted by zombie2011 (5098 posts) -

If i can find it i will, i really want it. 

#5 Posted by Eaxis (971 posts) -

Never
#6 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I think the GB community should band together and say no to unnecessary motion peripherals.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (19096 posts) -

I have some interest in it.  Right now there aren't many games that I want so I'm going to wait on it.

#8 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8609 posts) -

Meh, price is putting me off.

#9 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I wanna play just dance. Other than that though..Whatever it'll keep me in shape during northern alberta's 40 below winter. Worth its weight in gold I think.

#10 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

If I can swing it, I would love to. Dance Central and all that is selling itself pretty hard at me.

#11 Posted by Lukeweizer (2792 posts) -

Sure as hell not me.

#12 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" I think the GB community should band together and say no to unnecessary motion peripherals. "
I'll raise my hand to that.
#13 Posted by zudthespud (3289 posts) -

definitely not.

#14 Posted by Jeffsekai (7058 posts) -

ME :D

#15 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i'm not and i'm not buying move for the ps3. i think motion controls are just a gimmick that nintnedo released and it got money. now microsoft and sony are releasing their motion controls to get money like what nintendo did.

#16 Edited by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

There aren't really any must-have Kinect games for me. Plus, tiny college dorm room, so no.

#17 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1336 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: DIE
#18 Posted by Cazamalos (983 posts) -

i think i'm getting some extra money next week so maybe
i surprisingly had a lot of fun with PSmove so i'm giving kinect a chance (if a get the extra income)

#19 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie: I kind of wondered if this thread was just to get people to raise their hands so the rest of us could cut them off.
#20 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Its too expensive for me and none of the games interest me enough to buy one, so no I wont be buying it but I look forward to Giantbombs coverage of it and Bombcast discussion.

#21 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -

My mom saw it on Oprah and wants one. 

So I'll buy the Kinect Bundle with 250GB on Saturday or Sunday. 

#22 Posted by Eaxis (971 posts) -

#23 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

I don't own a Xbox 360 but I wouldn't buy it anyways.

I own a PS3 and am not getting the Move, neither interest me.

#24 Posted by Swoxx (3010 posts) -

Not in the near future, should've polled it

#25 Posted by HT101 (1208 posts) -

I am not going to because I need the money I have for car insurance and paying for my cell phone.

#26 Posted by Unchained (1090 posts) -

There aren't any "games" that interest me in either Move or Kinect.  Therefore, I won't be buying Kinect. And I haven't bought Move. 

#27 Posted by eezo (288 posts) -

never... ever..

#28 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Hand firmly down for me.

#29 Posted by sarahsdad (1128 posts) -

Not this week. 
Maybe in a few months.

#30 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I don't have the money, and if i did i still wouldnt get it... why would i want to stand to play my games, thats just retarded.

#31 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

I'll wait until at least a few actual games are released for it.  Dance Central looks good, but not good enough to justify a $150 purchase on its own.

#32 Posted by Branthog (5611 posts) -

Some day, I'll buy both just to stick them in a box for my archive. I have no interest in otherwise owning or using them, however. The only reason I'd use the motion control garbage is to navigate my systems when using them as media centers. However, since PS3 requires the use of a controller for the motion control, that is pointless -- and since I wouldn't dream of using the shitty XBOX interface for my media center (and don't want to encourage the 360 and its shoddy parts to burn out from over-use), it's controller-free navigation wouldn't serve me any purpose.

#33 Posted by Meteora (5789 posts) -

I'll wait until a game picks my interest up for the Kinect.

#34 Edited by Grilledcheez (3974 posts) -

I'm buying the 250gb bundle and Dance Central 

Edit: I should also add I wanted the new xbox anyway and get a 10% discount at Target for working there, so it's not nearly as bad.

#35 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I would if it was $25

#36 Posted by DeanoXD (635 posts) -

For the type of gaming i enjoy i see no reason ever to own a Kinect  as of right now and suspect i never will, and i didn;t buy move for my PS3.

#37 Edited by Chaser324 (6793 posts) -

I have a coffee table. Thus, I won't be buying Kinect.

#38 Posted by afrofools (1336 posts) -

Yes I am... kind of.

#39 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Nope. It's too expensive, none of the games for it interest me, and I don't have enough room in my bedroom to use it. I'm not moving my Xbox 360 to the living room whenever I want to play, and my family is usually watching TV there anyways. 

#40 Posted by RobotHamster (4178 posts) -

No.

#41 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

I'd love to play Dance Central. I have no room to play it though. I could barely fit in the Rock Band/Guitar Hero sets as is.

#42 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

What would Jesus do?

#43 Posted by Redbullet685 (6107 posts) -

NOPE.

#44 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -
@illmatic19 said:
" What would Jesus do? "
Compliment the quality of the water?
#45 Posted by EpicSteve (6500 posts) -

I will.

#46 Posted by President_Barackbar (3481 posts) -

After I stopped using my Wii for a week after I bought it, I have no desire to buy a device for motion control.

#47 Posted by Jeust (10914 posts) -

nop

#48 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@illmatic19 said:
" What would Jesus do? "
Be dead.
#49 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2020 posts) -

I'll buy it once it's 90% marked down in price and it's also bundled with Dance Central, as that's the only game in all of the Kinect catalog that looks neat. 

Also, post 1234! :D

#50 Posted by BC_ (169 posts) -

I'll buy it when there's multiple games out for it that I actually want. At launch there are zero games that I actually want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.