Silver Membership now has free multiplayer (Check it out)

#1 Posted by Couse (68 posts) -

Since Games for Windows has become free for online play, games like Shadowrun are also free to play online now on Xbox Live. LINK

#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Guess that's cool. I really liked Shadowrun myself, was a fun game definitely underappreciated. Hope a sequel comes out.

#3 Posted by spiceninja (3063 posts) -

Nice. Does this mean Gears of War is free to play online as well? It's a Games for Windows game.

#4 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

Interesting, I wonder if this was intentional or if it will be changed.  It's a great way to entice players to upgrade to Gold.

#5 Posted by Corsaer (66 posts) -

I bought Shadowrun mistakenly thinking it was a finished, full game.  Yes, it was fun, but for $60 bucks all you were buying were tutorials, online play, and pretty boring bot matches.  And you still had to pay separate for the online play.

Back to the main topic; awesome. :]

#6 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

That is great.  Does anyone know if there is an official list of what can be played on live with a silver account, that is, if this is true.

#7 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

This is great, though it will probably only apply to player matches?

#8 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Thats pretty awesome...too bad Shadowrun is crap.

#9 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

thats awsome, i wonder what other games there will be.

#10 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

That's cool. Good for the ones with Silver accounts.

#11 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

This free online play for Silver members should count towards all games that are also part of GFW...like Shadowrun, Universe at War and Lost Planet. So if it's on both then it should work...so Gears1 may work as well.

#12 Posted by Earl (10 posts) -

I just tried Gears on my silver account and it doesn't work. I don't have any of the other games to try though, but I don't really care cause I'm rich enough to be able to afford gold.

#13 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

I can't say I really care, I'm always going to have gold unless I only ever play one game and I can play it free.

#14 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

Aww thought this was XBL >_>

#15 Posted by JCD (26 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Guess that's cool. I really liked Shadowrun myself, was a fun game definitely underappreciated. Hope a sequel comes out.
"
I think after the failure of Shadowrun that Microsoft disbanded the team that made the game. Pretty sure I remember reading that so would not hold your breath for that sequel to come anytime soon.
#16 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
JCD said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Guess that's cool. I really liked Shadowrun myself, was a fun game definitely underappreciated. Hope a sequel comes out.
"
I think after the failure of Shadowrun that Microsoft disbanded the team that made the game. Pretty sure I remember reading that so would not hold your breath for that sequel to come anytime soon.
"
Ya I realize that, kind of sucks. With a bit of fine tuning, Shadowrun was my kind of game. Played a 3 day marathon of it was it.. last year it came out?
#17 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Is it only for 360 games that are also on windows? :(

Lame.

#18 Posted by Major (506 posts) -
shadowjak said:
"

Aww thought this was XBL >_>

"
It is... I think it's just a bug in games with a unified multiplayer (PC and 360) like Shadowrun
correct me if I'm wrong though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.