Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Sniper Elite v2 Is not a good game.

bacontoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bacontoast

I know I am setting my self up for death threats from all the cult fans running around who have played the game and loved it from the first release, however I just have got to put this out there.

Besides the games ugly texture on consoles this game has a lot of small things that would be forgivable if there just were so many of them. How about I just use a bullet and number system.

1. The map designs, Okay for a game that claims to be a free roam strategy based stealth shooter, there sure aren't a lot of places to go. I get so annoyed to see building after building after building that I would love to snipe from off limits. The game forces you to use predetermined spots to fire from, pretty much eliminating any creativity in how you kill. Also in this category the game seems to intentionally troll you by showing these building with wide open rooms and doors that you believe you can go but makes you feel stupid when you realise you were hoping for too much.

2. The sneaking, Wow I am a really big fan of games of stealth but I have to say this is the worst and most clumsy sneaking scheme I have ever played. There is simply no silently going from point a to point b. For example, you believe that you will be safe to stand up and walk when you are out of sight of men on the other side of a wall and down the street from you. but no these guys have some killer spidey senses.

3. The A.I , I'm not even going to get started here.

4. The music/voice acting, the music in this game is the most atrocious generic repeating tune, and the phrases by the a.i are so bad I feel like I'm back playing mohu, the nostalgia would be great if this was a game on ps2, but no this is a next gen system and I have turtle beach headsets that this video game makes me regret ever purchasing.

All in all the game to me just is not good. I do like some things about it like the kill cam, however any game that makes me literally question whether the game was tested before release is not something I will spend the time to play. It's not for me. I think I'm going to stick with battlefield.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

What I want to see in a sniper game is a open map. I don't want a predetermined path. Also first person. I shouldn't be able to see enemies from behind a wall.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By shivermetimbers

Yeah, if you want to make a good sniper game, you make the maps as open as possible to allow for many different possibilities of escape and tactics. You also have to have good AI that won't just blindly run into your line of fire. I can understand a sniper game having a cult following, it's just that it needs more polish.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Haha you're going to get destroyed if certain members of this site see this thread.

I completely agree with your criticisms, for what it is worth. It's a bad game.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgnosticJesus

I could have told you this game blows going off of the title alone.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

The game can be pretty fun, but yeah, the game isn't really good.

Hopefully Sniper Elite 2 will be somewhat decent, but I'm not holding my breath.

E: Lol clearly meant Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By buft

@emptybob said:

I fought my way to the top a bell tower slowly taking each level. On my way up I left traps to stop any enemies coming up behind me.

I reached the top of the tower, and was instructed to walk back down...then this happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeVuGDWen4Y

Turned the game off and walked away.

thats pretty bad, i cant remember the last game i played that did that too me but i know it has happened before, stealth games with superman AI is one of my biggest pet peaves for sure

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By niamahai

I thought the ball shots would redeem the game.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Vinny_Says

the original ghost recon maps would make a great sniper game, but hey....nut shots amirite?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

I could have told you that just from the Quick Look.

It's got some cool ideas, admittedly, but I didn't see anything that redeemed it from the other problems the Quick Look revealed.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ThePaleKing

@shivermetimbers said:

Yeah, if you want to make a good sniper game, you make the maps as open as possible to allow for many different possibilities of escape and tactics.

There is such a thing as urban sniping, and it has been done well in other games such as Red Orchestra and Day of Defeat; though both of those games were multiplayer and thus didn't have to deal with AI that can't take advantage of their surroundings and/or have wall-hacks. But really it's not a matter of the environment, it's just that a shitty sniping game is going to be shit whether it's in an open or close quarters environment.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By mariokart64fan

i will be getting this game on wii u lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.