so how do you delete achievement points?

#1 Posted by damswedon (3238 posts) -

they said you could on the bombcast so any ideas

#2 Posted by Megalon (1457 posts) -

I think you mean delete zero achievement point games? I haven't listened to the new podcast yet, so I'm guessing that's what was meant. I'm not sure why someone would want to delete actual points...

#3 Posted by brukaoru (5134 posts) -

"You can remove any games from your games played list that you have earned no achievements or gamerscore. Press the Xbox 360– guide button, navigate left to the games section and choose Achievements. From here choose the game with zero gamerscore you want to remove and press X (Delete Game History.)"

(From Major Nelson.com)

#4 Posted by MattyFTM (14761 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"

"You can remove any games from your games played list that you have earned no achievements or gamerscore. Press the Xbox 360– guide button, navigate left to the games section and choose Achievements. From here choose the game with zero gamerscore you want to remove and press X (Delete Game History.)"

(From Major Nelson.com)

"
That's the official Microsoft line, but on the bombcast they mentioned that there is a way (that sounds like some sort of a glitch) to remove achievements.
#5 Posted by Emilio (3582 posts) -

There's like 5 games I would LOVE to remove from my list. :(

#6 Posted by iam3green (14368 posts) -

u have to have zero achivemnts in the game. u just go to ur achivment list and click on the game u don't want delete it. i'm happy for this as i had to play two worlds i hated it. my friend made me play the stupid game.

#7 Posted by Bass (707 posts) -

yes, but there is apparently a way to get rid of achievements as well. In fact they were specifically citing how you could potentially round off nasty scores by deleting the oddly numbered achievements (such as the 2 point achievement in the Orange Box). I'm curious as well, even though I would never do it.

#8 Posted by Cubit (88 posts) -

I am also curious about this.  Anyone know?

#9 Edited by KamasamaK (2491 posts) -

I had a problem finding this too after I heard about it on Bombcast. I didn't know about that Guide menu, but ever since I found it most of my problems with the NXE have been addressed.

#10 Posted by damswedon (3238 posts) -

i found this but sadly it has been patched

#11 Posted by GleasonRyan (289 posts) -

what they meant on the bombcast is the games like yaris and that dorito game are good for getting rid of weird numberd gamerscores. Im pretty sure thats what they meant. i cant remember that good.

#12 Posted by wwedx (54 posts) -
www1221 said:
"what they meant on the bombcast is the games like yaris and that dorito game are good for getting rid of weird numberd gamerscores. Im pretty sure thats what they meant. i cant remember that good."
the dorito game dont have no odd numbers
#13 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2559 posts) -

Are you guys embarrassed that you played a free game or something?

"Woah, look at this loser who played that Dorito game. 1 STAR!"

#14 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2045 posts) -

I'm gonna give this a bump. Is there a way? I'd love to delete my one, five-point Perfect Dark Zero achievement, as I don't even have that game any more.

#15 Posted by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
"brukaoru said:
"

(From Major Nelson.com)

"
That's the official Microsoft line, but on the bombcast they mentioned that there is a way (that sounds like some sort of a glitch) to remove achievements. "

Not sure if I heard the same bombcast, I remember someone vaguely mentioning something like that once, but they openly said they didn't really know what they were talking about.

The only way I think you can do this would be the same way you illegally gain achievements, you have to hack your box and change the hex values then somehow get live to ovveride that information. I'm not sure if it can work if your account is on live, maybe it can maybe it can't.

Either way, officially there is no way to do so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.