So, my 6 year old Xbox 360 just red ringed out of nowhere...

#1 Edited by Tom1243 (52 posts) -

Long time Giantbomber...but a rare poster!

So, my replacement 360 (after my launch 360 red ringed), out of no where; after 6 years of bliss, just red ringed! So I went through everything and it is going back to MS after paying £70 :(. Are they going to fix it and send it back? Or just send me an S model? Wondering if anyone who has had a red ring recently could vouch for what is going to occur (heres hoping for a S model).

Appreciate the Feedback,

Tom

#2 Posted by big_jon (5788 posts) -

You can get a 360 S for 130$ right now in Canada and the US.

Hope that helps, look around for deals.

#3 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -
@big_jon said:

You can get a 360 S for 130$ right now in Canada and the US.

Hope that helps, look around for deals.

4 gb... besides, he already paid. 

i'm pretty sure they refurbish the box you send in.
#4 Edited by Akyho (1698 posts) -

I have had friends that sent the xbox back over 4 times and they just refurbished them before the fourth time and they gave a brand new one. A friends cousin on the forth time got a new slim from an old broken Xbox

Chances of a new one is likely low. However if it was a 6 year old unit they might just throw a new one at you maby a new one thats refurbished?. What model dont know.

However you should expect the same one back fixed and to break after a little while. However that was the rule of thumb for buying one back in the day. So good luck.

#5 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

To my knowledge they just fix it and send it back.

#6 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -

@Tom1243: Out of nowhere??? 6 years isn't "out of nowhere"... it was due for one... lol.

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Tom1243 said:

So, my replacement 360 (after my launch 360 red ringed), out of no where; after 6 years of bliss, just red ringed! 

#8 Posted by jakob187 (21762 posts) -

Your Xbox 360 was one of the good ones.

I'll pour a sip when I get home. It is truly a sad day.

#9 Posted by Tom1243 (52 posts) -

Haha, aye it was due! Well as long as I don't have to pay again if it goes in another month... Fingers crossed for a slim!

#10 Posted by YukoAsho (2129 posts) -

Well, even if they send you "yours," it's entirely possible they might put a new motherboard in there. Makes as much sense: all the benefits of the S without having to give up a new unit.

#11 Posted by Ben_H (3439 posts) -

Ugghh I think you just cursed me. I just thought "Wow my Xbox has lasted 5 years, I wonder how long it will last". Now it will be dead in the next two weeks because I thought this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.