Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

So my wired mic died...

captrofl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By captrofl

And i need a new one, I was going to go for a large headset with a microphone but there is too many to chose fro
    Can you recommend me one please?
    I'm looking for a wired one that can use power from the Xbox itself or from AA batteries.
    P.S The mic needs to be of high quality.
    Thanks in advance.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kandycane2029

I'm using Turtle Beach PX21s. Pretty good headset that costs between $60-90 depending on where you get them. If you want something cheaper I recommend the X11's.

Edit: forgot to ask, are you looking for a normal headset, or a set that you can also hear the game audio from?

captrofl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By captrofl
    @Kandycane2029 said:
    " I'm using Turtle Beach PX21s. Pretty good headset that costs between $60-90 depending on where you get them. If you want something cheaper I recommend the X11's.Edit: forgot to ask, are you looking for a normal headset, or a set that you can also hear the game audio from? "
    Thanks man, however it seems the PX21's are for the PS3 only?
    But your other recommendation of the X11's seems perfect for what I'm looking for.
    Also yes, I would to hear the game audio. 
    Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kandycane2029
    @CaptRoFL:  The PX21's work on both PS3 and 360 and have added bass boost and a sound expander switch (I rarely use it though). But I'd definitely recommend getting the X11's if you aren't worried about having a PS3 headset as well. Both play the game audio through the headset and have separate voice chat and game audio volume levels, so it's easy to get the perfect sound mixture.
    captrofl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By captrofl

Thanks. I'll probably get the X11's though as the amazon reviews seem favorable enough.
    Any tips for setting up the headset?

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By foggel

Atleast you have a wireless backup.

Remember to research third party mics. A friend of mine bought one and I can hear the rumbling and even the green light as a high frequency beep. Like what the hell:P

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kandycane2029
    @CaptRoFL:  It's all pretty simple, unless you're using HDMI. Then you'll need to get one of those HDMI adapters that have the RCA audio jacks. They're only like $5 dollars now.
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Burns098356GX

I use the official Xbox wireless headset. I doubt it sucks compared to third party stuff, but it gets the job done. Been fairly durable, I've tossed it at a couple walls and never had it break.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Amducious

I have some X11's. the games sound awesome, the connections available for hooking it up are many and varied... there is a whine when you are hooked up to your controller, but once playing, you barely notice it. (just adjust the 'chat' volume) I just plugged it in and it worked
    randallion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By randallion

Get an Astro headset if you can spring it, it's like $200, but the sound quality and microphone clarity for the other players is far superior.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grimluck343
    @mue said:
    " I have some X11's. the games sound awesome, the connections available for hooking it up are many and varied... there is a whine when you are hooked up to your controller, but once playing, you barely notice it. (just adjust the 'chat' volume) I just plugged it in and it worked "
    Just out of curiosity, are you using a play and charge kit? Myself and a buddy both bought X11s and I noticed the whine as well while my buddy's doesn't seem to have that problem. The only difference is that he uses the stock Microsoft battery kit while I have a 3rd party kit...
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShaunassNZ

I did a review on the Turtle Beach X11's here, if you want something really cheap but good and sturdy, get these.

@CaptRoFL said:
    " Thanks. I'll probably get the X11's though as the amazon reviews seem favorable enough.Any tips for setting up the headset? "
    If you're using HDMI and don't care about having the sound go through your TV at the same time, then just plug the sound into the headphone jack. If you want that sound, you need to get a super expensive Xbox HDMI with RCA sound adaptor, but I'm sure there is a way around it.
    Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grimluck343
    @ShaunassNZ said:
    " I did a review on the Turtle Beach X11's here, if you want something really cheap but good and sturdy, get these.

@CaptRoFL said:
    " Thanks. I'll probably get the X11's though as the amazon reviews seem favorable enough.Any tips for setting up the headset? "
    If you're using HDMI and don't care about having the sound go through your TV at the same time, then just plug the sound into the headphone jack. If you want that sound, you need to get a super expensive Xbox HDMI with RCA sound adaptor, but I'm sure there is a way around it.
    "
    The adapter is actually not that expensive anymore.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By DystopiaX

Don't get a headset, get a pair of decent headphones instead (Sennheiser HD555s, Audio Technica AD700s or ATH-M50) and a cheap separate mic. The cans will sound better than literally any gaming headset out there, and mics even at the 15-30 dollar price point are still crystal clear and sharp enough for gaming purposes.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @Grimluck343 said:
    " @ShaunassNZ said:
    " I did a review on the Turtle Beach X11's here, if you want something really cheap but good and sturdy, get these.

@CaptRoFL said:
    "
    The adapter is actually not that expensive anymore. "
    Ah, that's cool then. I still don't have a reason for both sound, but I can do it through my sub anyway.

So yeah dude, if you need both get that adaptor and the X11's. There are heaps of vids on how to set up as well on YouTube, but if you want I can do one and put it on our YouTube channel.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By DystopiaX
    @ShaunassNZ said:

@CaptRoFL said:
    "
    Don't mean to sound like an asshole but if you're really comparing the sound quality to Skullcandy headphones (which are shit) then idk how much I'd trust your review...as with the directional audio/footstep thing, you'll find that any halfway decent gaming headset, or better (as I recommended) headphones designed for general use can do the same thing.
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @ShaunassNZ said:

@CaptRoFL said:
    "
    Don't mean to sound like an asshole but if you're really comparing the sound quality to Skullcandy headphones (which are shit) then idk how much I'd trust your review...as with the directional audio/footstep thing, you'll find that any halfway decent gaming headset, or better (as I recommended) headphones designed for general use can do the same thing. "
    Yes I understand Skullcandy are by far not the best. They were given to me. 

I was talking about direction etc. that it is more noticeable with the Turtle Beach Headset. IDK if I said in the review, but I used a Logitech headset prior and I found a noticeable difference between the two.
    Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Amducious

@Grimluck343:

I'm using the 360 wired stock controller. (I already had plenty of usb extension cables)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.