So what did you guys picked up during the GoD sale

#1 Posted by 617_jbug (343 posts) -

I'm really thinking about picking up MK vs DC. Seems like the sale was great for the AUS and EU users because the games came in cheap prices for them.

#2 Edited by Demoskinos (14596 posts) -

Nothing. I flirted with the idea of getting El Shaddai since I have a random 340 points for whatever reason floating on my account but I don't need yet another game I'm not going to ever play.

#3 Posted by Akyho (1587 posts) -

I am Uk and baught Racedriver grid for £2.69 and Hawx for the same price.I never gave hawx a chance before and I am enjoying it. Next steam sale I will buy Hawx 2. Or if I see a cheap xbox hawx 2.

Xbox should have done these sort of deals along time ago.

Pitty....I see myself jumping ship to ps4 next time around as I am not confortable with Ms current buisness actions. Still I am xbox for now and more so with these cheap deals!

#4 Edited by ShaggE (6351 posts) -

Skipped it. I was tempted, but slow internet and small HDD means that the few On Demand games I have will remain the only ones. Going to use the money I would have spent and finally get Rocksmith + guitar cable.

#5 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements and El Shaddai.

Surprisingly Might and Magic has kept my interest despite being a totally mediocre game, though I did just become a demon "Alien" (y'know the H.R. Giger one) and that is... still pretty normal.

I got, like, one hour into El Shaddai before being put off by almost everything except for the fantastic visual design and those menu sounds.

Going into those two games I expected my feelings to be reversed.

#6 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Left 4 Dead 2 (NO MORE DISK SWAPPING)

Civilization Revolution

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe

El Shaddi

#7 Posted by Genfuyung (227 posts) -

MK vs DC and Code Veronica

#8 Posted by Epidehl (285 posts) -

Picked up MK vs DC, The Darkness, and El Shaddai. Only played The Darkness and El Shaddai so far, and I'm not totally thrilled with either one yet.

#9 Posted by Tajasaurus (803 posts) -

I got GRAW for, like, $2.50 which is super rad.

#10 Posted by HistoryInRust (6279 posts) -

Grid. Which I'm enjoying more than I expected, actually.

#11 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

just el shaddai. 3 bucks ain't bad.

#12 Posted by Morningstar (2145 posts) -

A couple of games, but I've forgotten which ones.

#13 Posted by Shaunage (694 posts) -

MGS Collection

HAWX

Raving Rabbids

Max Payne 3

Civ Rev

Hoping that Code Veronica gets another drop on some final day thing, because I flat out didn't have $5 when it was on sale...

#14 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

Picked up Code Veronica. Been meaning to play that for YEARS. Very tempted to pick up Max Payne 3 for £4.49 today, despite having the disk version. I could probably sell the disk for more than that and not have to swap disks when I want to play it.

#15 Posted by Ashwyn (202 posts) -

#16 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for $10 and Max Payne 3 for $5, these savings are way better than anything I have picked up from the steam sales over the past few years. MGS 2 and 3 for $10 worth it for only Snake Eater? never played it.

#17 Edited by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

mgs hd, mainly for snake eater which I never played when i had a ps2

#18 Posted by zoozilla (978 posts) -

I bought El Shaddai, thinking of buying Dirt 2 but the only driving game I've ever really gotten into is Burnout. Would Dirt 2 be accessible enough for me to have fun with it?

#19 Posted by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -

I bought MKvs.DC. I wanted to buy Fallout 3 and Dirt 2, but, since I live in Japan, they both gave me the error message that I can't download in my region. Fuckin' sucks! I really wanted to play Dirt 2. I guess I'll have to buy it on Steam or somewhere else.

#20 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@zoozilla said:

I bought El Shaddai, thinking of buying Dirt 2 but the only driving game I've ever really gotten into is Burnout. Would Dirt 2 be accessible enough for me to have fun with it?

Dirt 2 is awesome, it has the rewind feature as well so its super forgiving. Plus the whole X Games theme to it is really funny, you can set your name as well so people like Matt Hoffman and Dave Mirra call you by your first name, there is a few hundred names to choose from to so they must of recording a stupid amount of dialouge for it. Burnout Paradise is my favourite driving game and Dirt 2 was the only "serious" driving game I could get into, the Rally aspect is only about 20% of the game if that.

#21 Posted by jaycrockett (436 posts) -

Only bought Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood. Still considering Dirt 2, and maybe one of the 2.99 ones as I have that many points kicking around already.

#22 Posted by Kedi2 (244 posts) -

Tomb Raider: Legend and El Shaddai.

#23 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Jump on the Max Payne deal for $5, I think MS got something wrong because the promo image says $15 but when I went to buy it charged me $5 =)

#24 Edited by mtcantor (947 posts) -

I read this and instantly thought: "Gathering of Developers had a sale?"

I'm old.

#25 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1632 posts) -

I ended up with El shaddai. For 3 bucks that game is pretty damn good! Definitely wouldn't be worth 60 dollars in my opinion. But 3, well you can't say no to something that cheap.

#26 Edited by brundlefly (70 posts) -

Metal Gear HD Collection

Metal Gear Peace Walker

Dirt 2

Civilization Revolution

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Not a bad haul for forty bucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.