So yah, 30,000 points on live...

Posted by allgrinzz (161 posts) -

I know people have way over, but rather randomly my total fell on exactly 30,000 gamer score. Wasn't trying for it, and aparently it happened 4 days ago and I just noticed now. (REALLY don't pay much attention to achievements) It's funny, rather odd, but I'm unsure if i want to play anything and ruin it. Seeing all those zeros on my xbox is kind of amusing... Granted I don't have enough cash for a seperate profile on live so I'll end up breaking the perfect round number, but still... A little amusing side note, and kind of a bummer at the same time.. Phone capped for posterity at least.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/allgrinzz/all-images/52-464329/img_20120407_160409/51-2170351/

#1 Posted by allgrinzz (161 posts) -

I know people have way over, but rather randomly my total fell on exactly 30,000 gamer score. Wasn't trying for it, and aparently it happened 4 days ago and I just noticed now. (REALLY don't pay much attention to achievements) It's funny, rather odd, but I'm unsure if i want to play anything and ruin it. Seeing all those zeros on my xbox is kind of amusing... Granted I don't have enough cash for a seperate profile on live so I'll end up breaking the perfect round number, but still... A little amusing side note, and kind of a bummer at the same time.. Phone capped for posterity at least.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/allgrinzz/all-images/52-464329/img_20120407_160409/51-2170351/

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Cool, I dont know if i would have made a thread about it though. I got like 18,000. Not an achievement whore though, nor do i complete many games.

#3 Edited by SlashDance (1801 posts) -

I remember landing on exactly 20,000 with Forza 2, that was exciting.

I don't even know how much points I got now though. Stopped caring 2 or 3 years ago.

#4 Posted by Baillie (4025 posts) -

Once you get to around my level of achievements - I'm currently at around 80,000 - I feel as though it is just a chore to get more really. I haven't went for achievements in a long time. I also believe achievement hunting makes me stop enjoying games.

#5 Posted by Village_Guy (2482 posts) -

That's a nice round number - not like my annoying 46452 - oh well, I'm not going to bother finding a way to get the two on the end up to a more round number.

#6 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
#7 Posted by allgrinzz (161 posts) -

@Breadfan: Disturbing.. yet.. oddly fitting...

#8 Posted by 1337W422102 (1003 posts) -

I have 1337 points.  Made a new account after to preserve that accomplishment.

#9 Posted by bigsmoke77 (783 posts) -

I got it on 50000G

#10 Posted by believer258 (11564 posts) -

I currently have 26680. Not much of an achievement whore myself but I do look at the number everytime I boot up the Xbox.

#11 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

I did the exact same thing about two years ago. I'm up to 47170 now though.

#12 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

My points hit 12345 a while ago and I though it was cool. I'm easily amused.

#13 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -
@Baillie said:

Once you get to around my level of achievements - I'm currently at around 80,000 - I feel as though it is just a chore to get more really. I haven't went for achievements in a long time. I also believe achievement hunting makes me stop enjoying games.

Yip, that's why I want the option to absolutely turn them off.
#14 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

When I got 100 000 I made sure it was on the mark. I looked at my games and decided that Otomedius Excellent was the perfect choice.

#15 Posted by csl316 (7979 posts) -

Cool. Unfortunately one of the Ghost Recons gave me some stupid number and I'll never have a round, clean number like this again : (

#16 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@Baillie said:

haha Once I hit 50k I started giving up on games after getting like 100gs from them. Before that it was 700+ or I'd be irked.

#17 Posted by ShaggE (6295 posts) -

I'm at 19,300 after spending the longest time with a number ending in 1... this makes me happy.

#18 Posted by ez123 (1944 posts) -

Kewl, I'm at 29,010 right now.

@csl316 said:

Cool. Unfortunately one of the Ghost Recons gave me some stupid number and I'll never have a round, clean number like this again : (

I got an 8 point achievement from GRAW but evened it out when I got the "2 points" basketball achievement from HL2. I'm mildly bummed if my score ends in a 5, having it be 8 or 3 would drive me crazy.

#19 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

I remember getting 12345, that was fairly cool.

#20 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

I remember getting exactly 20,000 with mile high club on CoD4. It was pretty cool. I agree with the achievements turning into a chore though, it was starting to ruin my enjoyment of games. I started playing almost all my games on PC now though, so i don't really worry about it anymore.

#21 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

I hit exactly 100,000G

#22 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

I'm currently at 62k, I don't go for achievements more so I just play a LOT of games.

#23 Posted by PatchMaster (194 posts) -

I hit the zeros once too. Don't remember if it was at 20k or 30k though.

#24 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1223 posts) -

I had 12345. I remember it was because of some achievement in Rainbow Six: Vegas.

#25 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

Think I once managed to hit 33,333, was a "oh, wow" sort of moment when I noticed, along with the realisation that it is fleeting unless I never touch it again ever. But I kept going anyway, so that score is long gone. Believe I managed to get it to a 3 courtesy of the old (now no longer on the marketplace) Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Was one of those with the annoying 12s and 13s and stuff, back before everything decided to just stick to to the neater 5,10,15, etc. format. Still stuck with it to this day even, 75528. Pesky untidy number hehe.

#26 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

I wanted it at 65,000 but that didn't last long :(

@MideonNViscera said:

haha Once I hit 50k I started giving up on games after getting like 100gs from them. Before that it was 700+ or I'd be irked.

Same here after I hit 60 or so....just didn't have the drive anymore

#27 Posted by allgrinzz (161 posts) -

yah, i join the easily amused crowd... man if my numbers hit 2's or 3's.. i'd be so unhappy. Kind of a simple thing, but I'd be thrown off by it. heh

#28 Posted by csl316 (7979 posts) -

@ez123 said:

Kewl, I'm at 29,010 right now.

@csl316 said:

I got an 8 point achievement from GRAW but evened it out when I got the "2 points" basketball achievement from HL2. I'm mildly bummed if my score ends in a 5, having it be 8 or 3 would drive me crazy.

Mine ends in a 9 right now, argh.

#29 Posted by ptc (615 posts) -

I also hit exactly 30,000. This was about a month ago. Now I won't care again until I'm close to 40,000.

#30 Posted by big_jon (5708 posts) -

Yeah, I had 40,000 not too long ago.

#31 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

I set a loose goal of 25,000 point blocks so when I get near to hitting that 25k, I become a bit of a whore but then I drop back to if it happens it happens. And while you can't turn off achievemnts, you can turn off the little notice that pops up when you get one. I'm about halfway thru a block now so I generally go back after beating the game to see if there is any easy or fun achievements to get. My score is currently 137,960.

#32 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

I'm pretty sure I am forever stuck with a GS that ends in 2 or 7. Thanks a fucking bunch, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean.

#33 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

I'm over 100k and still feel the drive to get as many achievements as possible. Probably the best addition to the gaming substructure of the past ten years. There are many games I wouldn't have finished or even played without that little extra incentive, and the longevity factor they add to my favorite games is amazing. Well done Microsoft.

#34 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

For all you who are stuck with odd ending numbers, here is a list of games with odd numbers so you can plan and get your score back to a 0 or 5. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61125

#35 Posted by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -

I recently had 70707.  My next goal is to try and get 777777.

#36 Posted by AlexW00d (6168 posts) -

I have 2695 points. I win.

#37 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

yea i got around 45,000. though thats nothing, i know somone who has around 260,000

#38 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

cool beans. i don't think i have gotten a perfect score yet. those are always cool to see.

#39 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

At one point I had exactly 50,007. Fucking Orange Box.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.