Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Streaming Music to the Xbox 360

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Hi, I love to stream music to my Xbox, especially in things like driving games or XBLA games but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of Windows Media Player, it's a pain to organise my music and the fact that the connection drops from time to time just drives me up the wall.

I was wondering, are there any other ways of streaming music to 360s?  There has got to be something better than Windows Media Player.  

Also is it possible to stream music to my 360 from iTunes?  My entire library is already on there organised and ready to go.

I've tried googling for a better solution but I just keep coming up with WMP11 :(
    ip007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ip007

You know, I think I have just the thing for you. If your problem is that you don't have time to manage two libraries in two different music programs then the answer is simple: MusicBridge!

Hallelujah!

It will sync your iTunes library to you Windows Media Player or vice versa with a press of a button. Then you can stream everything from Windows Media Player which it does actually pretty well. Though before you do anything I recommend you reset the Windows Media Player library so it gets a clean start when you then sync up to iTunes..

To find out how easily you can reset you WMP library and the short instructions on how to do it with little or no hassle go to this link:

And finally to get the software that will sync you libraries you should visit this link:

As you can see, it's from download.com so it should be safe..
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Wow, thanks for that man, that's freaking perfect.  All I was looking for was something that I could set up playlists and connect to my Xbox.  This is better than perfect, all my metadata and playlists.  Only took like 10 minuts to copy two weeks worth of music over too.

Thanks man
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I just plug my ipod into my 360 whenever I want music on it.

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ryu
    MattyFTM said:
    "I just plug my ipod into my 360 whenever I want music on it."
    Same
    MacGoesZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MacGoesZoom

I have a 2nd generation ipod touch that doesn't work when I plug it in the 360. Do you guys know what I can do to fix this?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    MacGoesZoom said:
    "I have a 2nd generation ipod touch that doesn't work when I plug it in the 360. Do you guys know what I can do to fix this? "
    I think it only works with classic ipods at the moment.
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HazBazz

Like Matt, i just use my MP3 player (on my phone). The only problem is the 360 only seems to be able to make a playlist of 100 songs, so i'm missing about 3/4 of my music, anyone know if anything can be done about this?

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ryu

Haz, I had this problem too usually playing songs that began with the letters a-f or something. I found that if you lpay your music through the dashboard first that it sorts itself out.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By crunchUK
    HazBazz said:
    "Like Matt, i just use my MP3 player (on my phone). The only problem is the 360 only seems to be able to make a playlist of 100 songs, so i'm missing about 3/4 of my music, anyone know if anything can be done about this?"
    simple - you go to select music in the guide and then select your MP3 (appears as portable device) and simply press Y- play all
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    MattyFTM said:
    "I just plug my ipod into my 360 whenever I want music on it."
    Yea I used to do that too but I've now got an iPod Touch and they don't work on the 360.  After giving away my Ipod Mini I'm forced to stream :(
    ip007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ip007
    IncredibleBulk92 said:
    "Wow, thanks for that man, that's freaking perfect.  All I was looking for was something that I could set up playlists and connect to my Xbox.  This is better than perfect, all my metadata and playlists.  Only took like 10 minuts to copy two weeks worth of music over too.

Thanks man
    "
    I'm happy that it worked out for you! I'm trying to solve puzzles, one day at a time..
    MacGoesZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By MacGoesZoom

MattyFTM said:

"MacGoesZoom said:
    "I have a 2nd generation ipod touch that doesn't work when I plug it in the 360. Do you guys know what I can do to fix this? "
    I think it only works with classic ipods at the moment."

Well.. That is really annoying! Thanks for the info though!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.