The New Xbox Experience, Questions and Stuff U Want On It!

#1 Edited by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

wow i would really like a web broswer that would rule. i have question with being able to copy games to your hardrive does that mean u need more memory to save the game. Also can you subscribe to netflix on LiVE using ms points.

#2 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

mainly i want it to work i want private chat of 8 ppl to be possiable when all doing different things and it needs to be alot faster and smoother

#3 Posted by davebgray (33 posts) -

Whatever MS chooses to do with their Avatar system, I hope it's integrated into all games, like Achievement points are required.  I think that taking some of the functional concepts between Miis and Home and combining them might be beneficial.

#4 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I would want the web browser...and thats all its missing

#5 Posted by Braynbasher (4 posts) -

I think as a whole the new system is going to be great because everytime they  reboot which has only been twice so far it was really great for Xbox Live as a whole.
If your wondering what two times they rebooted once was during the second year of Xbox Live when they changed the dashboard to see your friends and party chat.
the 2nd was when Xbox 360 came out and who didn't love that when it first came out.

#6 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

yeah i agree with having private chats with multiple people together in one chat room. Otherwise, the Xbox 360 is an awesome console. A web browser would be alright, but eh... wouldn't be too interested there

#8 Posted by Disclaim3r (116 posts) -

I don't see the benefit of a web browser. When are you going to be in the situation where your 360 makes more sense than your computer? Well, I guess if you want to look something up real quick and have no router, but meh, still.

But either way, I would really love to see multi-chat in-game.

#9 Posted by HipHopHitler (59 posts) -

Would you really want a web browser on the 360? I mean, the PS3's and the Wii's are absolutely terrible:

It takes sheer decades for them to load up, they aren't supported by a vast number of sites, whenever there is an update to flash or shockwave or whatever, you have to wait for a firmware update etc.

Unless Microsoft fully integrated a regularly updated Internet Explorer which is nearly identical to that on the PC, it's a pretty misnomer subject in the grand scheme of what the New Xbox Experience will offer.
#10 Posted by Marterfarker (41 posts) -

I seriously doubt I'd ever use the webbrowser, but my 360 is in my "office," so my computer is right there.
If my 360 was in a living room and the computer was far away, I could see some using it for quick lookups. or maybe as a way to watch super lo-res YouTube videos on their HDTV.

I did like what they showed of the new system at the press conference. Netflicks will be great once they get HD content.
I didn't mind the avatars at all. I always liked the customizable character creator parts in video games, and other than this being a little cartoonier than I'd like, I still think it'll be fun.

#11 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

I always wondered why they didn't have a web browser, seeing its a MS machine and they have access to IE and whatnot. But I would like to see chat with like, 8 people or so using video camera and voice, the PS3 has that but up to 6 people (since launch) so I always wondered why the 360 didn't have it.

#12 Posted by Taalon (112 posts) -
epic_pets said:
"I would want the web browser...and thats all its missing"
So that's not copying Sony, but having motion control is? Wow, double standards. (Not directed at what you've said, but a lot of 360 fanboys shout this.)
#13 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Taalon said:
"epic_pets said:
"I would want the web browser...and thats all its missing"
So that's not copying Sony, but having motion control is? Wow, double standards. (Not directed at what you've said, but a lot of 360 fanboys shout this.)
"

How would that be copying PS3? Did the PS3 start web browsers? Wii and PS3 has one, so if 360 got one it wouldn't be copying, especially since 360 is a Microsoft platform. For 360 to come out with motion sensing that has the exact same tech of SIXAXIS (even same slogan) but in the form of a white stick (Wii), yeah thats more of a copy/rip-off to me; 360 web browser wouldn't really be a rip-off IMO.
#14 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

A web browser would be nice. Also, being able to finally read ipods and iphones would be nice.

#15 Posted by Jensonb (1764 posts) -

I wanna know more about this whole Party watching a Video thing

#16 Posted by bchang (1 posts) -

I just want everything to be smoother.  The current Xbox dashboard is very complicated and convoluted.  I want it to be far more simple and minimalistic.

#17 Posted by Absinthetic (172 posts) -

it looks a little too empty even with a custom bg

#18 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

There should be alot of avatar games

#19 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Jensonb said:
"I wanna know more about this whole Party watching a Video thing
"

It's basically like the Home game launching feature, get a few people together, then make a game on the spot, and launch it together. Or so it seems, just with a lot less people allowed...

Absinthetic said:
"it looks a little too empty even with a custom bg"

Yeah, every page is basically the same; rows of tiles. At least it'll be faster though right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.