The Super slim 360 is also expensive.

#1 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

The new super slim 360 is 200 bucks for a 4 gig hard dive one and 300 bucks for a 250gig one. That is fucking ridiculous, it's 2013 and we're still paying 100 dollars extra for a hard drive. Nevermind about my idea of going back to play all the 360 games I missed. Seriously Microsoft it's like you want me to hate you.

EDIT: ps4 costs 400 dollars fuuuuuuuck you Microsoft.

#2 Posted by Humanity (9604 posts) -

Can't you play them on the 360 you already own?

#3 Posted by Strife777 (1605 posts) -

I guess they're looking to do a little more profit. A bit disappointing.

#4 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

So the exact same price of the slim I bought a week ago.

#5 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#6 Posted by Solh0und (1799 posts) -

@bocam said:

So the exact same price of the slim I bought a week ago.

Yep. Just a new re-design....

#7 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#8 Posted by Kierkegaard (603 posts) -

Yeah, that's too expensive. Presumably a redesign is about drawing in the people who never bought the console and about having people buy a new version of their aging version. That price point draws neither.

I'd buy a 360 for a hundred bucks. Just saying.

#9 Posted by alternate (2717 posts) -

Nobody pays those prices for a 360 though. You don't have to look far to see decent discounts on RRP.

#10 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

Seriously? I don't care about the redesign and thought it was only happening as a way to make a cheaper, more broad appeal version of the console.

#11 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2364 posts) -

Yeah it seems like the redesign is more of a straight replacement rather than a cheaper solution.

#12 Edited by Giganteus (193 posts) -

Wow. I thought they'd go for $99. I'm genuinely surprised they priced it that high. That's a shame.

#13 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#14 Edited by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Was this announced at the press conference? I missed the beginning. Any pics available? No luck from Google for me.

Also, yes, $100 more for a slow 250 gig HDD is absurd, as is a $300 8 year old last gen console...

#15 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -
#16 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Probably drop the price sometime in September, tech companies always like to gouge customers for a month or two.

#17 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -
#18 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11918 posts) -

PS3s are still $300 as well, which is why I am kicking myself for not getting one when it was like $150 on Amazon.

#19 Edited by Hunter5024 (5821 posts) -

@arbitrarywater said:

PS3s are still $300 as well, which is why I am kicking myself for not getting one when it was like $150 on Amazon.

I bet they'll announce a price drop in a few hours.

#20 Posted by theveej (841 posts) -

I expect a price drop for new slim 360 some point this summer/holiday season.

I really hope we get a price drop for PS3, I want to pick one up this summer.

#21 Edited by Daneian (1245 posts) -

Got a source? I've been looking around and can't find anything.

#22 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2364 posts) -
#23 Posted by Daneian (1245 posts) -
#24 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#25 Posted by totaboy (45 posts) -

If it's quieter than current 360's I'll buy one to replace my 360 Elite... It's the loudest piece of tech I've ever owned.

#26 Posted by Nictel (2429 posts) -

$100 for 246GB? Seems completely reasona... oh wait. Very disappointing luckily my current original 360, though extremely loud, still works.

#27 Edited by ShaggE (6555 posts) -

They can certainly take that price and shove it. Hope my launch-era refurb (no, seriously) has some good life left in it.

#28 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

Was this announced at the press conference? I missed the beginning. Any pics available? No luck from Google for me.

Also, yes, $100 more for a slow 250 gig HDD is absurd, as is a $300 8 year old last gen console...

Yeah it's absolutely insane how this thing wasn't positioned as a 360 for the masses. Despite the lack of backcompat, paying full price for one of these things over a new console sounds too crazy to me.

#29 Edited by FourWude (2261 posts) -

MS knows they have you over a barrel with no backwards compatibility and no crossover on XBLA purchases. So when your existing machine shits out, conveniently days after installing a new update, this will be your only avenue to repurchasing an xbox 360 and continue playing your existing library of games.

$300... pfft. You should be honored that MS is being that generous.

#30 Edited by mtcantor (948 posts) -

boo for no price drop. Still, my slim works fine. no need to buy more 360 hardware.

#31 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11918 posts) -

@jz said:

@arbitrarywater: no, the ps3 is $250.

Then every gamestop I've ever been in is lying to me.

#32 Posted by Cameron (603 posts) -

I imagine they are keeping the price up because it continues to sell. It's been the best selling console in North America for years. I'm sure they'll drop in when the One comes out, but if they can keep making a ton of money until then they will.

#33 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

I would love to see a stripped machine that lacks a controller, headset, and cables. Maybe something they only sell factory direct. But at this point, who doesn't have too many of all of those?

#34 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

haha That price is fucking crazy.

#35 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3906 posts) -

I would bet a price drop is coming but even still that's pretty dumb

#36 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -
#37 Posted by big_jon (5743 posts) -

Should have been 100$

#38 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Two major hardware redesigns in one generation. Both companies! It's like Sega is back in the console biz.

#39 Edited by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

@jz: where did you get this information?

#40 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

That is kind of a bummer.

#41 Edited by ajamafalous (12042 posts) -

Ahahaha, what a joke

#42 Edited by Ben_H (3384 posts) -

If that was $100 I would buy it. My Xbox Arcade from 2007 sounds like a jet engine now. At this price though not a chance. I'd rather just get a slim onsale somewhere.

#43 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

If I buy the current unslimmed $300 model, I get a month of gold and two games. If I buy the slimmed $300 model, I get nothing. Thanks Microsoft.

#44 Edited by OGred (196 posts) -

logic out the window

#45 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -
#47 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

For 100 dollars more then a slim 360 you can have a ps4!!!!!!!

#48 Posted by chrissedoff (2153 posts) -

Oh, it's still 300? Well, I guess I don't need it then. What was the point of the redesign, exactly?

#49 Posted by Reisz (1517 posts) -

I thought the whole point of a redesign was to hit that sweet, sweet $199

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.