The "What games have you installed on your HDD" thread

• 74 results
#1 Edited by Manks (836 posts) -

I've only installed Gears 2 so far, and I'm planning on installing Fallout 3 later.

What are your game installs thanks to the NXE?
#2 Posted by Weltal (2274 posts) -

Playing through Mass Effect again. Unfortunately I only really have the space for a single game install.

#3 Posted by NIKO_BELLIC (46 posts) -

I installed gears 2 and the xbox runs much quieter and load times are a bit faster

#4 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Fable 2 all the way. I can finally play that game without fearing that it will break my disk drive.

#5 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Fable 2 all the way. I can finally play that game without fearing that it will break my disk drive."
Exactly why I installed Fable 2 also, it always felt like it was going to just crash the hell out of the drive
#6 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -

Threw on gears 2 and Fable 2.

haven't gotten around to checking out if its speed anything up yet (hopefully it takes care of fables wonky menus) too busy streaming movies and dressing up my avatar.

#7 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

None yet, but I'll probably install Fable II cuz those load times are insane. Then just install whatever game I'm currently playing.

#8 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

NOTHING.  That's because my HDD has 1.9 GB free on a 20 GB. Anybody hear 120 GB for Christmas?! I hope so

#9 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

Burnout Paradise

#10 Posted by HiroSeven (215 posts) -

So far I've installed Final Fantasy XI (Playonline Viewer) on my Hard Drive. The loading times when starting up the game have become fairly quicker and I notice some faster 'downloading data' time between zones (which is weird since theres not much relation between those load times and the hard drive... its all network based. Maybe there was an update that was installed for the game that I missed to go over or something).

The biggest difference of course is that the 360 is so quiet, I can finally hear myself think when playing that game. =/

-hiro

#11 Posted by GioVANNI (1292 posts) -

I'm thinking of putting Fallout 3 on, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hard drive space.

#12 Posted by KingOfIceland (655 posts) -

Games installed:

Mass Effect
Gears Of War 2
Fallout 3
Fable II
Oblivion

#13 Edited by DoctorTran (1570 posts) -

Fallout 3
GTAIV

gonna do Mass Effect... eh, now. and Rock Band when I get it.

#14 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

I installed Fallout 3, due to the fact that the game is a bit unstable.

So far, I've had it freeze on me twice while playing it on the HD.

While I appreciate the concept of not using that terrible disk drive, I really do wonder how stable playing these games on my HD is. After you have on red ring "experience"...It's difficult to be secure about stuff like this.

#15 Posted by macandcheese (223 posts) -

Bioshock
Call of Duty 4
Yeah I just got Bioshock used and ive been playing it off the HD because its so much quieter and it froze on me twice in like 3 days, I was getting really freaked when the screen just got stuck on an image and I was praying nothing would happen to my 360.

#16 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I am just going to be tossing on whatever I am currently playing and uninstalling them when I am through, unless it is a game I plan to go back to often like Rock Band. Granted with 92 gig left on my hdd I could get away with installing quite a few, I really don't see the point. Right now all I have on it is Enchanted Arms, though I am gonna toss on Rock Band whenever it finally comes through the mail.

#17 Posted by Muze (183 posts) -

I might install Fable II just to see how it runs.

#18 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

I installed Banjo nuts & bolts but I'm hoping I can fit in Lost Odyssey disc 2.

#19 Edited by Unreal_dro (277 posts) -

Gears2

Left 4 Dead

(Soon, after im done with L4d and make room) Banjo - Nuts & bolts
#20 Posted by Video_Tycoon (313 posts) -

Halo 3 fo shizzle.  Takes 2 seconds to load everything.

#21 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

Guitar Hero 3. I can only store 1 game, and thats the one where I need to hear the sound the most

#22 Edited by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
Weltal said:
"Playing through Mass Effect again. Unfortunately I only really have the space for a single game install."

Yeah through maybe my fifth playthrough of Mass Effect lol I installed it a few days ago I'm really striving for 1050/1050.
#23 Posted by TekZero (2686 posts) -

Any idea if installing the game on the hard drive will remove the "disk can not be read" errors?  I already installed Fallout 3 on my HDD because it was probably the worst game for me in that regard.  Plus, I only have a 20gb HDD so I'm only  going to be downloading 1 game at a time.

#24 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
Video_Tycoon said:
"Halo 3 fo shizzle.  Takes 2 seconds to load everything."
um i don't want to alarm you but when the maps and stuff isn't cached it takes several minutes to load anything. i also installed halo 3 but because my disk is near broken... i run it off the disk though
#25 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I installed Far Cry 2, Thursday night. The result is....

Nothing. There is absolutely no difference in loading times. Even the installation of Far Cry 2 is disappointing! D=

#26 Posted by Gameboi (653 posts) -

None at the moment, but I'd certainly like to.  Once I can get my hands on a  much larger hard drive at a reasonable price, it shall be done.

I'm most concerned with using it on games that are disk- read heavy, and cause my 360  to rev like a jet engine.

#27 Posted by abombb (96 posts) -

Nothing, because my 20GB hard drive does not have enough space :(

#28 Posted by bekern (563 posts) -

I installed Fable 2, but I don't see much of a difference. It is nicer having a quiet 360 though... I didn't really realize how loud the drive was until the noise was gone. After I played Fable for a bit I went back to dashboard and I was so used to the quiet, that when the drive started up again, I thought it started raining outside at first :P.

#29 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Banjo Nuts and Bolts and Gears 2.

#30 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

I might install Gears 2.  I only have a 20gb so it looks like I'll only be doing one game at a time.

#31 Posted by bjorno (1430 posts) -

sneak king

#32 Posted by ManMadeGod (1584 posts) -

Right now I have:
Fable 2
Oblivion
Madden 2009
Gears of War 2

#33 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Installed NCAA Football 07 to my HDD, to find out 30 minutes later after finishing one of my games I still couldn't get my missing achievements.

#34 Posted by Pazy (2601 posts) -

Final Fantasy XI, because it needs to be to play unfortunately. Too bad I have a 20gb HDD, of which 13gb is usable, and FFXI takes up something like 10gb. Ive barely got room for a single demo and a couple bits of DLC for games im playing activly.

#35 Posted by Clockswork (87 posts) -

Halo 3 (yes I know) and CoD 4

#36 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

I have a 120 GB HDD so I have a lot of space.  I installed Halo 3 (which I hear I should delete), Gears of War 2, and Call of Duty 4

#37 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -

gears 2

#38 Posted by OneEyedNinja7 (797 posts) -

Rock Band 2, because it gave me the most disk errors. The download took  a REALLY long time though (more than an hour).

#39 Posted by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -
suneku said:
"Jayge said:
"Fable 2 all the way. I can finally play that game without fearing that it will break my disk drive."
Exactly why I installed Fable 2 also, it always felt like it was going to just crash the hell out of the drive"
Lol im glad i'm not the only one that thinks that
#40 Posted by bwooduhs (1618 posts) -

ive installed far cry 2

#41 Posted by Peacemaker (1106 posts) -

I only have Left 4 Dead since that's all I can fit, I think I'm going to upgrade my HDD.

#42 Posted by NateDogg (465 posts) -

Gears of War 2

Call of Duty 4
NHL 09
Mass Effect
I could have installed Fallout 3, Fable 2 but I beat those before NXE arrived and had decided to play through Mass Effect again before touching those.  I don't intend to jump around different RPG's so I'm just having 1 installed at a time for now..

It's too bad for the people that can only install maybe 2 games max on their  20GB HD's..! But be smart about it and just install the 1 or 2 you play the most.
#43 Posted by Lozz (311 posts) -

Fallout 3 for me.

#44 Posted by KindGalaxy (429 posts) -

Gears 2, Fable 2, GTAIV, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey (disc 3)

#45 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

I think I'm going to end up installing the main single player game that I'm playing. Not multiplayer.

#46 Posted by mugugipan (376 posts) -

gears of war (1)
halo 3
ghost recon advanced warfighter

planning to install ...
oblivion goty (when I get it)
rainbow six vegas (1)
gears 2

#47 Posted by TheNext (1 posts) -

I installed Fallout 3, but that's it. I need more space lol

#48 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Lost Odyssey. Each loading time is only shortened by 1 - 3 seconds, but with three "Loading..." screens every minute, that's actually quite an improvement.

#49 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

only Gear 2, for now

#50 Posted by DoctorTran (1570 posts) -

Updated list:

Fallout 3
GTAIV
Mass Effect
Rock Band

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.