Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Thinking about revisiting 360 after a while; have some questions

Avatar image for deactivated-5d99c8cd85096
    deactivated-5d99c8cd85096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I was a big 360 supporter from Day 1, but around a year or so ago I sold it for a PS3 and enjoyed that side of things for a while. I've recently come into a little bit of money and I'm considering picking up a 250GB slim and rejoining the Xbox world. I have a few questions...

1. Do you think it's too late to pick one up? I know it's still running strong, but do you think there's still a good window of new stuff for the 360 before the 720/Durango/whatever?

2. I have an old 120gb harddrive from the original white 360's; can I use a transfer cable to transfer my data from that to the new, slim 250GB HDD?

3. If ^^that^^ isn't possible, does the recover gamertag feature enable me to redownload all of my old Arcade games? I had a lot.

4. Are there any incredible 360 games I missed in the past year or so? I know I need to play Gears 3, and I've been quietly dying not being able to play Trials Evolution or FEZ.

I think that's it, thanks guys.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ares42

This is gonna sound like a hater comment, but I really believe that MS is turning it's console more and more into a "one"-trick pony when it comes to gaming. If you're into CoD, Halo and GeoW then a 360 is worth picking up, if not there really isn't much else you can't get for your playstation. There's a few arcade games now and then (like the ones you mention), and ofc there's Kinect, but as for major titles it's getting really slim.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

1. Yes there's still gonna be stuff coming out....most of it is multiplatform though. 2. There is a crazy way to use a hdd from an old Xbox onto a slim, look up the videos online first. 3. Yes it should 4. Besides forza 4 not much, unless you don't have a PC that can run Skyrim, because I heard Skyrim sucks on PS3. Hope that helped, unlike the pointless reply from the guy above.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Akyho

@Ares42 said:

This is gonna sound like a hater comment, but I really believe that MS is turning it's console more and more into a "one"-trick pony when it comes to gaming. If you're into CoD, Halo and GeoW then a 360 is worth picking up, if not there really isn't much else you can't get for your playstation. There's a few arcade games now and then (like the ones you mention), and ofc there's Kinect, but as for major titles it's getting really slim.

Well it also depends on the multiplayer environment you want, plus playing with friends makes decisions on what console.

As for you Zombutler......you have a ps3 right now. How do you use. Do you buy the multi platforms on the ps3? for better or worse (e.g Skyrims problems).

I am a big Xbox fanatic however Ares and the last two E3's brings home...there isnt much inline of "Exclusive" on Xbox. Hell there is more interesting XBLA games exclusive than disc based games.

So I think youll need to sit down and take stock. What games you want now, what games you will want, and what console you think is going to be STRONGER for you.

If you realy do want the exclusives of the xbox. Go ahead , I just warn you they are not very strong compared to ps3.

Oh and take into consideration temp exclusive. Such as Xbox version being released 3 months before PS3 and such.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By grilledcheez

Trials, Forza 4, and Iron Brigade (Trenched) are the only games I can think to suggest from the last year

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheCreamFilling

@Zombutler said:

2. I have an old 120gb harddrive from the original white 360's; can I use a transfer cable to transfer my data from that to the new, slim 250GB HDD?

Yes, but I think you have to do a license transfer thing on xbox.com and redownload everything you want on your new 360.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ares42

@Vinny_Says: Guess we just interpreted the fourth question very differently.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@Zombutler said:

So I was a big 360 supporter from Day 1, but around a year or so ago I sold it for a PS3 and enjoyed that side of things for a while. I've recently come into a little bit of money and I'm considering picking up a 250GB slim and rejoining the Xbox world. I have a few questions...

1. Do you think it's too late to pick one up? I know it's still running strong, but do you think there's still a good window of new stuff for the 360 before the 720/Durango/whatever?

3. If ^^that^^ isn't possible, does the recover gamertag feature enable me to redownload all of my old Arcade games? I had a lot.

4. Are there any incredible 360 games I missed in the past year or so? I know I need to play Gears 3, and I've been quietly dying not being able to play Trials Evolution or FEZ.

I think that's it, thanks guys.

1) There's Gears Judgement and Halo 4 and a new Forza game. Oh, and some Kinect stuff. That's... it, really. That's all I can name for big exclusives; the Arcade might have some other things coming out but I can't name any.

2) I'm pretty sure you can, but I'm not 100% sure.

3) You can redownload anything you've bought as many times as you want. It can be played by any profile as long as the profile that bought it is still on that console.

4) I'd hardly say that Gears of War 3 is worth a console. Halo Reach is pretty good if you missed that. I can't think of any other Xbox exclusives that are worth buying the console for.

Microsoft has really dropped the ball lately. There are plenty of things to play on the Xbox, it's just that almost all of those things are also on PC and/or PS3 these days. There are some classics from way back when if you want to go back to around 2006-2009, but these days? Nah. Buy a PC or more PS3 games.

As a final note, this is coming from someone who owns only an Xbox. My brother has the PS3. EDIT: Well, and a Wii. But I almost never play the Wii.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Humanity

If you are fine with the PS3 then I don't see much point unless you are really into Halo or want to play more Gears. Off the top of my head I can't really think of any other 360 exclusive and I'm a primarily (as in 99% of games) player. There are some great games coming up in the coming months like Borderlands 2, Hitman, Dishonored etc but they are all multiplatform and as far as I know Last of Us will be PS3 only. I will probably not get Halo 4 as I'm not a huge fan of that series and not sure how interested I am in playing more Gears, although I have a lot of faith in the creativity over at People Can Fly - I just hope they won't get held back by the already existing fiction.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Tarsier

dont play gears of war please

play left 4 dead 1 and 2

play the mass effect games unless u did on a nother system

play halo 3 and halo reach , play ilomilo, play braid, play zeno clash . (xbox marketplace games)

play trials evolution

theres lots to do on there . but your tastes ( gears of war ) tell me you might not be into some of these games . but no harm in trying them out .

also halo 4 is coming out and it looks like its going to be a true and good follow up to halo 3 . check it out

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.