Want a 250gb 360 for 250 bucks? (article).Better Deal than 360S ?

#1 Posted by Raven_Sword (3444 posts) -

http://www.tqcast.com/2010/07/21/would-you-pay-250-for-a-250gb-xbox-360/  

Well, looks like Newegg.com has the FF 13 360 bundle for only 250 bucks. Thats right, you get a jasper elite in white, 2 controllers, a headset, a 250gb HDD and a copy of FF 13 for only 250 bucks. Honestly, if you dont care about Wifi, this is a hell of a deal and maybe even a better one then the new 300 dollar 360S. However, the new redesign 360 still might be a bit more failure proof then the jaspers, however I think the jasper would be quite fine. plus I believe these still have thr full 3 year warranty. Plus, if you want your console in white with a 250 gb HDD, this is like your only choice short of buying a Arcade unit and buyinga  seperate 250gb HDD. What do you think? Is this a better deal then the new redesign 360?
#2 Posted by nypis (9 posts) -

Define better. Better as in more content  yes, but I wouldn't buy a 360 today that wasn't the slim-version, no matter the price. But hey. that might just be me. 

#3 Edited by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

I'd never buy a console with a picture on it. Especially not FF13.

I'd go with the S for 50$ more.

#4 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

I hate FF, so no. This is a great deal for someone actually interested in the game though. 

#5 Posted by AndrewB (7592 posts) -

I'd avoid any model based on that motherboard design, even if it's the newest revision, lower die size, "fail proof" type (because I've still heard of them failing).

There's a reason Microsoft hired a new board designer for the slim model.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.