Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Werid 360 problem.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiot

I can't keep track of the never ending plethora of problems regarding the Xbox 360. If this has been answered or is obvious, then I apologize in advance.

Something just happened and I honestly have no idea what. I was playing Resident Evil 5 and I began noticing that my machine was making louder noises than usual, strange because the game is installed. I turned it off, and waited a few minutes. I turned it back on with little to know problems, until I loaded up a chapter and noticed considerable slowdown with noise.

Bad.

So I turned it off and waited a few hours. Then it gets weird. I turned it back on and it sounded like the fan was going fucking haywire. Slowly speeding up like a car engine, going absolutely ballistic. Red lights flashed on the power button, I unplugged the machine.

I spray air into the vents of the console. Turn it back on. No problems so far.

I'm going to leave it off for a while to say the least.

More importantly: What the hell just happened?

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

ahh deer sorry to tell you this but its pretty much fucked . Either send it away or if u cant buy a new one :(

No Caption Provided

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vidiot

Yeah the fan just started to speed up again. That's console #2.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MeierTheRed

Sounds like you will be on your #3 soon. It´s really depressing seeing these kind of threads, i´m on my second 360 right now, and every time i turn it on i pray it boots up and don´t go red on me.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie

Sounds like it's over heating at a incredible pace. Ive had a xbox like that.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By REDRUN
    vidiot said:
    "I can't keep track of the never ending plethora of problems regarding the Xbox 360. If this has been answered or is obvious, then I apologize in advance.Something just happened and I honestly have no idea what. I was playing Resident Evil 5 and I began noticing that my machine was making louder noises than usual, strange because the game is installed. I turned it off, and waited a few minutes. I turned it back on with little to know problems, until I loaded up a chapter and noticed considerable slowdown with noise.Bad.So I turned it off and waited a few hours. Then it gets weird. I turned it back on and it sounded like the fan was going fucking haywire. Slowly speeding up like a car engine, going absolutely ballistic. Red lights flashed on the power button, I unplugged the machine.I spray air into the vents of the console. Turn it back on. No problems so far.I'm going to leave it off for a while to say the least.More importantly: What the hell just happened? "
    I had my Elite fixed for a RRoD not to long ago right after I installed the NXE. It worked just fine after a 3 week wait from sending its carcass out to Microsoft in the cardboard coffin. Just starting a week ago, my Elite is starting to make that same loud noise coming from its internal fans. I too have that feeling, my Elite will soon kick the bucket, again. *sigh
    I also notice my 360 is starting to slowdown and hanging longer than ever when using the quick menu option for live while in-game. There are also more lag than usual even on a good connection. I checked my bandwith and network, it was just fine.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vidiot

Well the good news was that, so far, getting it repaired was painless. I can't say for sure, as the console will finally be arriving back to me in a few days.

Funny story btw:

I went to UPS to ship it, I decided not to order a box from Microsoft and got my own. Not only did the random person behind the counter know that I prepared my own box, he admitted to shipping out one or two xbox's on average every week or so.

If that is true: That's pretty messed up.

The good news is that I was able to finish Resident Evil 5 before it broke, and I've been able to focus more on finishing Persona 4 while I wait for my 360.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ

We are sorry for your loss. 

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By REDRUN
    vidiot said:
    "Well the good news was that, so far, getting it repaired was painless. I can't say for sure, as the console will finally be arriving back to me in a few days.Funny story btw:I went to UPS to ship it, I decided not to order a box from Microsoft and got my own. Not only did the random person behind the counter know that I prepared my own box, he admitted to shipping out one or two xbox's on average every week or so. If that is true: That's pretty messed up. The good news is that I was able to finish Resident Evil 5 before it broke, and I've been able to focus more on finishing Persona 4 while I wait for my 360."
    You may want to pick up Persona 3 FES or Nocture if you can find it used at your local gamestop. Its going to be a 3 week wait at best.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By StaticFalconar

I suggest putting the 360 in a mini fridge to keep from overheating.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By BigBoss1911

E74 may be coming.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By REDRUN
    BigBoss1911 said:
    "E74 may be coming."
    I sense it too.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vidiot
    REDRUN said:
    "vidiot said:
    "Well the good news was that, so far, getting it repaired was painless. I can't say for sure, as the console will finally be arriving back to me in a few days.Funny story btw:I went to UPS to ship it, I decided not to order a box from Microsoft and got my own. Not only did the random person behind the counter know that I prepared my own box, he admitted to shipping out one or two xbox's on average every week or so. If that is true: That's pretty messed up. The good news is that I was able to finish Resident Evil 5 before it broke, and I've been able to focus more on finishing Persona 4 while I wait for my 360."
    You may want to pick up Persona 3 FES or Nocture if you can find it used at your local gamestop. Its going to be a 3 week wait at best."
    You know I might just do that in regards to Persona 3. I've been eying some, admittedly expensive, copies of Digital Devil Saga.
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Coltonio7

I guess RE5 really is scary, your 360 had a PANIC ATTACK!

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Hey its not dead yet! There is hope!

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By delta_ass

Anyone notice that the Xbox 360 can be unreliable sometimes?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.