Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

What are the 5 best brawler or hack-n-slash games on the 360?

Pseudo_Sidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pseudo_Sidious

So, I am looking for a good brawler or a good hack-n-slash game for the 360. Someone suggested Devil May Cry 4, but I am not into the fantasy, anime games. So, I am curious of what other games people would list. So, I think the best way is for me to get peoples top 5 hack-n-slash or brawler games on the 360. They can be fantasy, anime, sci-fi or whatever. I don't care. Once again, I am looking for brawlers or hack-n-slash. So, Bourne Conspiracy would count because it is a brawler. Devil May Cry 4 and Force Unleashed would count too because they could be considered hack-n-slash. Gears Of War would not count because it is a shooter.

So, help me out: What are your top 5 brawlers and/or hack-n-slash games on the xbox 360?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade is twenty years old and still is a blast to play.  Other than that, Ninja Gaiden II, DMC4, and Dead Rising are all great fun.  I think Dead Rising is probably the closest thing to some of the old school beat-em-ups.

Dark_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Dark_Shadow
    Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
    "

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade is twenty years old and still is a blast to play.  Other than that, Ninja Gaiden II, DMC4, and Dead Rising are all a blast.  I think Dead Rising is probably the closest thing to some of the old school beat-em-ups.

"
    Definetly Dead Rising.
    Lunchbox1up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lunchbox1up

Dead rising 

Ninja gaiden2
    DMC4

( All of them have demos on live, so you can try yourself before you buy)
    Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By GobiasIndustries

Castle Crashers ftw

Pseudo_Sidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pseudo_Sidious

Yeah, I am not looking for old gen, 2D games in this case.  Although some of those are great. For instance, I love the GBA version of TMNT I have on my DS.

Keep 'em coming. Or is that it? Is it basically just Dead Rising, Ninja Gaiden 2, & DMC4? Is there are # 4 or 5?

Pseudo_Sidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pseudo_Sidious

Castle Crashers is new. I'll count that. So, we have 4 now: Dead Rising, Ninja Gaiden, DMC4, Castle Crashers. Any others?

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Whisperkill

DMC4.. is the best one

GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GobiasIndustries

Yeah Castle Crashers definitely seems like an old game but it's basically like, magnificent if you love those old games.

If I had played that game back in my SNES days it would have been so fucking mindblowing.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Discorsi

I'm not sure you want to trust me  but my personal favorites are

Samurai Warriors 2
    Warriors Orochi 2
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    Too Human
    and i guess castle crashers but i have yet to try it.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Ninja Gaiden
    Devil May Cry
    Dead Rising

Pseudo_Sidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pseudo_Sidious

That is a very different list, Discorsi

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

DMC games have too many puzzles that are boring, I justf eel like FUCK the puzzles and just let me kill shit!

GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GobiasIndustries
    PapaLazarou said:
    "DMC games have too many puzzles that are boring, I justf eel like FUCK the puzzles and just let me kill shit!"
    Nah man, I LOVE looking for fucking doors for 2 hours.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By BoG

Castle Crashers, of course!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422

Uh...no. Not DMC4. DMC4 is awful. Ninja Gaiden 2 and Castle Crashers are probably the 2 best.

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By lvl10Wizard

Ninja Gaiden 2 instantly came to mind and then whoever said Dead Rising is inspired.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Whisperkill

Ninja Gaiden 2 is not good, its not even a finished game, the camera and extremely cheap difficulty make it an extremely frustrating game, the combat is also not as satisfying as a DMC, its not as over the top

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kmdrkul

Conan, Viking: Battle for Asgard

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By lvl10Wizard
    kmdrkul said:
    "Conan, Viking: Battle for Asgard"

Good choice on Conan man. That game was surprisingly above my expectations. You can pick that up real cheap now too. Definitely worth a hack and a slash.
    cgriffiths86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cgriffiths86

I have not played Conan, but i saw it at Best Buy the other day for only like $9.99. My choices would be Castle Crashers, Dead Rising, and Ninja Gaiden 2. I own them all and they are all great.

Pseudo_Sidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pseudo_Sidious

Okay, so I downloaded 3 demos:

1) DMC4
    2) Ninja Gaiden 2
    3) The Bourne Conspiracy

I think you all will completely disagree (and I still like reading your thoughts on the best hack-n-slash & brawlers games), but here are my thoughts based on the demos anyway.

1) DMC4- This game is too anime and over-the-top for me. For one, the sword is practically bigger than he is. Lame. The rest of it that I don't like is the style. I don't mind some anime, but this game's style reminds me of the cheesy anime I don't like. 
    The good things I will say is that I like the way they integrated the gun, and I like the fact that you can lock onto (target if you will) an enemy. The gun is a simple button press, it looks cool, and its effective. The targeting makes up for cases when the camera adds difficulty.

2) Ninja Gaiden 2- First of all, that girl at the beginning of the demo is hot. hehe Okay, so this game was a little better than DMC4 imo in terms of style, and the combat is more fun. However, it still was just a tinge more over-the-top than I am looking for.  In addition, it is frustrating that the camera view seems to add difficulty in that it is hard to target guys and make sure you are swinging at the guy you want to swing at. The game is too difficult overall; I am not into impossible games like Ninja Gaiden prides itself to be.

3) The Bourne Conspiracy- This game could have been soooo good. I would love to get ahold of the development team, make a few changes, and flesh a few things out. I won't go into those changes in detail here, as it would be an essay. With that said, the demo/game is not bad. It had some fun moments. There are two problems. One, it can be frustrating due to some poor design decisions. (For instance, when I see the train coming, I should be able to run away from a fight in order to avoid the train. However, once I am in the fight, I can't get out, which means I can't get out of the way of the train fast enough and I die.) Two, it takes over the action too often. The little quick time events are fun to watch, but I don't feel like I did them. I want to feel like I have control over the character and like I did the sweet move where I kneed the guy and then bashed his head into a dumpster.

Ultimately, I am thinking that if I can find any of these games for like $10-$15 I would pick one up. On the other hand, I want to try that Viking game first and see it that is the one I want. Then I just think "Hey, Batman: Arkham Asylum is going out soon, and that game looks sweet."
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Dynasty Warriors can be fun.

KiwiJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KiwiJuice
    Pseudo_Sidious said:
    "Okay, so I downloaded 3 demos:
    1) DMC4
    2) Ninja Gaiden 2
    3) The Bourne Conspiracy

I think you all will completely disagree (and I still like reading your thoughts on the best hack-n-slash & brawlers games), but here are my thoughts based on the demos anyway.

1) DMC4- This game is too anime and over-the-top for me. For one, the sword is practically bigger than he is. Lame. The rest of it that I don't like is the style. I don't mind some anime, but this game's style reminds me of the cheesy anime I don't like. 
    The good things I will say is that I like the way they integrated the gun, and I like the fact that you can lock onto (target if you will) an enemy. The gun is a simple button press, it looks cool, and its effective. The targeting makes up for cases when the camera adds difficulty.

2) Ninja Gaiden 2- First of all, that girl at the beginning of the demo is hot. hehe Okay, so this game was a little better than DMC4 imo in terms of style, and the combat is more fun. However, it still was just a tinge more over-the-top than I am looking for.  In addition, it is frustrating that the camera view seems to add difficulty in that it is hard to target guys and make sure you are swinging at the guy you want to swing at. The game is too difficult overall; I am not into impossible games like Ninja Gaiden prides itself to be.

3) The Bourne Conspiracy- This game could have been soooo good. I would love to get ahold of the development team, make a few changes, and flesh a few things out. I won't go into those changes in detail here, as it would be an essay. With that said, the demo/game is not bad. It had some fun moments. There are two problems. One, it can be frustrating due to some poor design decisions. (For instance, when I see the train coming, I should be able to run away from a fight in order to avoid the train. However, once I am in the fight, I can't get out, which means I can't get out of the way of the train fast enough and I die.) Two, it takes over the action too often. The little quick time events are fun to watch, but I don't feel like I did them. I want to feel like I have control over the character and like I did the sweet move where I kneed the guy and then bashed his head into a dumpster.

Ultimately, I am thinking that if I can find any of these games for like $10-$15 I would pick one up. On the other hand, I want to try that Viking game first and see it that is the one I want. Then I just think "Hey, Batman: Arkham Asylum is going out soon, and that game looks sweet."
    "
    Download the Deadrising and Castle Crashers demo. and Ninja Gaiden2 (the full game) also has a Pussy mode..........i mean a very easy mode
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By jakob187

Are there even 5 brawler/hack-n-slash games ON the 360?  o.O

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Where's the love for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance?

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By TheFreeMan

Devil May Cry 4 is my fave that I've played. Ninja Gaiden 2 is pretty sweet, but damn if that camera isn't annoying (and the difficulty is freaking screwed. Some normal enemies were harder than the bosses....).

Bourne is a surprisingly good game (as in, I expected it to be total crap). The fighting is pretty fun (the takedowns are fun as hell to watch), but the shooting is just so-so and and the driving (however little there is) isn't very good at all.

Castle Crashers is a whole lot of fun with three friends. For a more traditional "brawler" game, it's easily at the top.

While I never played the full game, the demo for Conan was pretty fun, and not nearly as insane/over the top as NG2 or DMC4.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Black_Rose
    1. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    2. Ninja Gaiden 2
    3. Dead Rising
    The rest is uninportant.
    teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By teh_destroyer

Dead Rising and Ninja Gaiden 2 are definitily at the top of there game as far as beat em up or hack'nslash games go.Unfortunately the 360 doesn't have a lot of good ones like the PS2 did :(.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.