What are your favorite games for the Xbox 360?

#1 Posted by Savv (75 posts) -

I'm about to take the plunge and pick up a 360 and I got to thinking... I'll probably pick up Black Ops and Reach, Gears of War when it comes out and perhaps L.A. Noire, but those are all pretty new and I haven't played many 360 games other than a whole lot of Halo 3. So what have I missed on this console? What are your favorite games since launch?

#2 Posted by Mike512 (210 posts) -

Some exclusives you might like...

- Halo 3, Reach, ODST, Wars
- Gears of War 1, 2 and 3
- Fable 2 and 3
- Mass Effect 1 and 2
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4
- Forza Motorsport 2, 3 and 4
- Saints Row

Lesser known RPG's you might enjoy...

- Lost Odyssey
- Blue Dragon
- Infinite Undiscovery
- Tales of Vesperia

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Saints Row 2. Like, eight copies.

#4 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction are great games, as well as all the ones mentioned above.

#5 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Bayonetta is awesome. I recommend dipping into the backlog before going for all that new stuff, especially considering those games are mostly iterative anyway.

#6 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

you need to go further back

-Kameo

-Banjo Nuts&Bolts

before you plunge into the 360, which platform were you gaming on?

#7 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
#8 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@zombie2011 said:

Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction are great games, as well as all the ones mentioned above.

I really need to play Alan Wake. I feel like I've been missing something. And that game might fulfill my mood of a moody game genre of wanting to play. Alan Wake.

#9 Posted by shivermetimbers (763 posts) -

Deadly Premonition

#10 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and bolts is really good.

#11 Posted by badmanelite (13 posts) -

Deadly Premonition has to be the only game i've played this gen that I just couldn't put down, also happy about all the Cave & Treasure ports.

Ninja Gaiden 2 was another fave.

#12 Posted by superpow (226 posts) -

Deadly Premonition is a unique experience for sure. I mean, most exclusives have already been said. It all depends if you were playing a ps3 or wii or were still on the older gen.

#13 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I don't think a 360 is worthwhile any more if you have a PS3, as most multiplats are better or equal on PS3 nowadays and it doesn't get a whole lot of exclusive love besides Halo, Gears and Forza.

Either way, my favorite games for it are Shadow Complex, Halo 3, Gears of War 1 and Saint's Row.

#14 Posted by AmatureIdiot (1076 posts) -

Ace Combat 6 is one of my favourite games ever.

#15 Posted by TenFootMonster (22 posts) -

Some older games that I would say are must plays include the following:

Bioshock

Mass Effect 1 & 2

Red Dead Redemption

Fallout 3

GTA IV

There are a lot more, but these are all great (in my opinion, of course) and should all be pretty cheap by now. Have fun.

#16 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

Alan Wake
Borderlands
Assassins Creed
Bad Company 2
The Saboteur (yeah I know mediocre but I enjoy it)
Portal 2
The Orange box (all of it)

#17 Posted by AbeTheGreatest (132 posts) -

Deathsmiles

#18 Posted by mlarrabee (2885 posts) -

I'm trying to come up with some unmentioned ones.

Dead Rising

Crackdown - I'm not sure how well it's held up, but I thoroughly enjoyed it when it came out.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Limbo

Fable 2 - I bought it just before Fable 3 launched, and played nothing else for 3 weeks.

Condemned - It definitely shows its age, but I've yet to find another game like it.

Dead Space

#19 Posted by Entreri10 (154 posts) -

Halo Series

Mass Effect Series

Fallout Series

Dragon Age Origins

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.