What Classic Game Deserves an XBLA Remake?

• 151 results
#1 Edited by WOBAG (119 posts) -

Personally I have two, Starquake, which was a really fun platformer I owned way back on the Spectrum, which had a really interesting mechanic, where the character couldnt jump, but could generate platforms under itself, and they would stack, pushing the character higher and higher.

Secondly is Flood, aka the Bullfrog game noone remembers because it wasnt a god game.  Another platformer, this had cavernous levels, and water would fill up the whole level realistically, filling tunnels, creating air pockets.  The water was simultanteously a thread, as you could run out of oxygen, and a solution mechanic as you could float/swim to inaccessible areas.

#2 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

pong

#3 Posted by Picard (255 posts) -

Breakout!

#4 Posted by Corsaer (66 posts) -

007 GoldenEye.
Hands down.  More than any other game.
Online would be awesome.

#5 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -
LuffyUzumaki said:
"pong"
I concur!
#6 Posted by roylink (130 posts) -

Ristar?

#7 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

They need to put Space Invaders Extreme on XBLA
Also they need to put Banjo-Tooie as well as the upcoming Banjo-Kazooie on XBLA

#8 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Battle Toads and Goldeneye

#9 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

Splatterhouse, but they're already making a full game out of that.

#10 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Goldeneye was so close to coming to XBLA... maybe someday..

#11 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

yea why cant ninty and microsoft/rare settle it and say it comes out on virtual console and XBLA

#12 Edited by Major (506 posts) -
Corsaer said:
"007 GoldenEye.
Online would be awesome.
"
^ This

Since apparently Nintendo doesn't have a problem having their games going onto the XBLA (Banjo Kazooie) anymore --  hopefully Activision and MS/Rare can work something out for us... maybe in anticipation of one of the new Bond movies
#13 Posted by Major (506 posts) -
banksrob said:
"yea why cant ninty and microsoft/rare settle it and say it comes out on virtual console and XBLA
"
They'd also have to settle something with Activsion.. since they own the Bond license.
#14 Posted by BeeDizz (30 posts) -

I don't know about classics. But i'd love to see alot of Dreamcast games come to the Arcade. Crazy Taxi, Ready to Rumble, Powerstone, and come on, Chu-Chu Rocket was MADE for XBLA.

#15 Posted by WOBAG (119 posts) -
Major said:
"Corsaer said:
"007 GoldenEye.
Online would be awesome.
"
^ This

Since apparently Nintendo doesn't have a problem having their games going onto the XBLA (Banjo Kazooie) anymore --  hopefully Activision and MS/Rare can work something out for us... maybe in anticipation of one of the new Bond movies
"
Im pretty sure Banjo was never a Nintendo property as such, it was fully owned by Rare when they were a Nintendo second party, so where they go, the Banjo licence goes, ditto for Conker, which is why we got a Bad Fur Day remake on the XB already.
#16 Posted by thebipsnbeeps (546 posts) -

I agree with Goldeneye and Battletoads. I also say Zombies Ate My Neighbors so there can be a saved system so the score would save, and online co-op would be awesome. Maybe while Dead Rising 2's around the corner...?

#17 Posted by Moose205 (13 posts) -

I have to say Goldeneye, took up many hours of my life when I was younger, and also Conker,  loved it and Live and Reloaded.

#18 Edited by TheDarkSlayer (46 posts) -

Goldeneye, Perfect Dark & Battletoads.

#19 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Aladdin

#20 Posted by antcar11 (45 posts) -

even though the oringal is already one XBLA, I still would love a 3D remake of Sonic 2. I love that game.

#21 Posted by geneticgamer (48 posts) -

MARIO

#22 Posted by TLT21 (80 posts) -
Major said:
"Corsaer said:
"007 GoldenEye.
Online would be awesome.
"
^ This

"
Fully Agree Best FPS ever
#23 Posted by Blazer74 (186 posts) -

Having been gaming since the very early 80's I can tell there is goldmine of classic C64 and PC games that could use a remake, too many to list.

#24 Posted by Carmel_Chewy (323 posts) -

Katamari Damacy

#25 Posted by pycnocline (7 posts) -

Dinosaurs for Hire

#26 Posted by METALM1LITIA91 (259 posts) -

While I might be sounding like a broken record I think golden eye 64 should be on the arcade. I think Extreme G racing from N64 should be remade seeing how the license is floating around.

#27 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -

Gunstar heroes, that game is awesome

#28 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

Goldeneye, Dragon Quest 1-3, Battletoads, Doom 2 and 3, Fallout1 and 2.

#29 Posted by CodeHero (134 posts) -

Rambo first blood part 2 it was on the SMS and it would be perfect for XBLA because it had co-op.

#30 Posted by steve316 (102 posts) -

goldeneye 007

#31 Posted by Guild_Master (250 posts) -

I've been waiting for Goldeneye for far to long maybe one of these days

#32 Posted by Deltico (29 posts) -

stop looking backwards -- Peggle!

#33 Posted by DarkArmada (132 posts) -

Covert Action by Microprose for sure =)

#34 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

final fantasy VII

#35 Posted by Bkorns4 (129 posts) -

Hands down...Killer Instinct

#36 Posted by Brashnir (51 posts) -

X-Com

#37 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

Marvel vs Capcom

#38 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
Major said:
"Corsaer said:
"007 GoldenEye.
Online would be awesome.
"
^ This

"
Nintendo was part of the problem why GoldenEye didn't come to the Xbox Live Arcade. The only reason we are getting Banjo is because Rare owns the IP, them, and them only.
#39 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

Goldeneye 007

May never happen, but I can dream.

#40 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

On an even more possible note, Perfect Dark but with Xbox 360 graphics (Maybe the Source engine?) And a more fleshed out online mode, (Like Perfect Dark Zero's online.) That thing would sell like Wiis, which sell like Hotcakes.

#41 Posted by creebo (2 posts) -

DOUBLE DRIBBLE online play would be awesome or Blades of Steel

#42 Posted by qdexfifty (3 posts) -

rolling thunder 2

#43 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

They should have a Mega Man game on XBLA

#44 Posted by Svenddv (24 posts) -

fuck yes i would love a Powerstone game for XBLA

#45 Posted by voi666 (25 posts) -

barbarian ... loved that game on my atari st

#46 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
MAV3R1CK said:
"They should have a Mega Man game on XBLA"
Megaman would rock on XBLA. Possibly the Mana series.
#47 Posted by crystal (44 posts) -

I agree with the Goldeneye. Also, Metal Slug.

#48 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

ff7

#49 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Bomberman Hero. N64

#50 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

Wow, you all have some great ideas! I like Ristar and Breakout.

For me, and this is all on Sega, why haven't we seen Vectorman yet? Geeze....can't say I'm suprised. It's Sega afterall.

Longshot we'll never see...Jurassic Park from the Genesis. I know, there's probably licensing issues but still, I love that game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.