Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

What Is The Best Internet Connection Speed For XBL?

Iraqi_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Iraqi_Gangster

I live in Iraq so a standard DSL connection will give lots of lags so I wonder what is best internet connection speed for XBL? Not one of million mbps :P

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Speed is practically irrelevant...it's all about latency, the time it takes for the signal to get from you to the host and back.  Being in Iraq...you're probably never going to have a good experience on any online multiplayer game.  The only way you're going to get "lag-free" gaming is if you play with people that are somewhat close to you.

Iraqi_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Iraqi_Gangster

But that is the problem. People here arenot into Live cause they think it is a rip-off. But anyway thanks, I'll try to play with other people in middle-east.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BlindEffekt

The best internet connection for xbl, would pretty much be the best connection you could get.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By crunchUK

hmMB said:

"Speed is practically irrelevant...it's all about latency, the time it takes for the signal to get from you to the host and back.  Being in Iraq...you're probably never going to have a good experience on any online multiplayer game.  The only way you're going to get "lag-free" gaming is if you play with people that are somewhat close to you."
    i live in the UK and i have no problems playing against people in america. and i have a megabyte connection
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike
    crunchUK said:
    "hmMB said:
    "Speed is practically irrelevant...it's all about latency, the time it takes for the signal to get from you to the host and back.  Being in Iraq...you're probably never going to have a good experience on any online multiplayer game.  The only way you're going to get "lag-free" gaming is if you play with people that are somewhat close to you."
    i live in the UK and i have no problems playing against people in america. and i have a megabyte connection"
    We have problems playing against you, that's for sure.  No matter how good your connection is, there is still that vast distance the signal needs to cover between the US and the UK.  Latency like that is too high and prevents a good experience in online shooters.  This is why I prefer playing twitch-based online games with people that are in North America.
    LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By LightYagami245

high speed is the most recommended, but since you're in Iraq, it doesn't really matter if you want to play with US players since you are so far away, it will still make you lag.

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GiantBomber
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jayge_
    MB said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "hmMB said:
    i live in the UK and i have no problems playing against people in america. and i have a megabyte connection"
    We have problems playing against you, that's for sure.  No matter how good your connection is, there is still that vast distance the signal needs to cover between the US and the UK.  Latency like that is too high and prevents a good experience in online shooters.  This is why I prefer playing twitch-based online games with people that are in North America."
    Yeah. Your connection could be as good as it gets, but once it hits the main pipes, it's all about your ISP and how fast they can push your data and the data of your opponent. If you're lucky, you'll get fairly lag-free games with people all across Europe and probably Asia.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK
    MB said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "hmMB said:
    We have problems playing against you, that's for sure.  No matter how good your connection is, there is still that vast distance the signal needs to cover between the US and the UK.  Latency like that is too high and prevents a good experience in online shooters.  This is why I prefer playing twitch-based online games with people that are in North America."
    HA HA

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.