What's Best Cheap Xbox 360 controller?

#1 Posted by J_00700 (11 posts) -

What's the best cheap Xbox 360 controller? I've been looking for a new one but don't have much money to spare since next gen is around the corner. Basically I just want a cheap controller that won't break on me in a week and has decently responsive buttons.

#2 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Honestly man, just shell out the $30 on amazon and get a real xbox 360 controller. I don't even own an xbox, but I have one for PC usage and I absolutely love it. Here's one for $23. If you can't afford a $23 controller because you're waiting for next gen, maybe you aren't financially ready for next gen.

#3 Edited by Andorski (5365 posts) -

Go to Gamestop and buy a used controller. Just make sure to muck around with it to see if everything is in decent condition.

#4 Edited by J_00700 (11 posts) -

@davidwitten22: Thanks. I'll probably just buy a normal controller. It's not like I don't have the money, but I was just wanting to get a cheap controller to hold me over till next gen. After all, I'm probably not even gonna need this controller when the new systems come out.

#5 Posted by believer258 (12184 posts) -

I can't imagine anything but regret coming out of buying a third party controller. They have, without exception in my experience, always been shit.

Besides, if you're buying next gen consoles this year, you probably have or can easily get an extra spare thirty or forty bucks.

#6 Posted by konig_kei (668 posts) -

I once bought a controller that looked completely legit, packaging and all, even cost me 40 bucks but when I got home....fuckenn piece of shit fake. I did get it from a computer market though. The buttons felt like shit triggers felt even worse, so get a legit one from a legit reseller.

#7 Edited by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

@davidwitten22: That one you linked to is not made by Microsoft. It's a fake.

#8 Edited by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

That's weird, cause I have one and it works great. Well then, I guess don't get it.

#9 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1539 posts) -

I would only buy/use the official one. I'd be shocked if you couldn't get one real cheap from craigslist, pawnshop, or gamestop.

#10 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

@jjweatherman said:

That's weird, cause I have one and it works great. Well then, I guess don't get it.

I guess a cheap knockoff of a great controller can still, with some luck, be an OK controller. I don't know. I definitely wouldn't recommend anything other than the official product--the reviews for this one are pretty clear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.