Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

What to get? If anything? :S

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hey all

I am in a bit of a conundrum. I am thinking of narrowing my Xbox 360 game purchases to stop myself getting games I wont play, I have completed only a few of my titles:
    Bioshock, Call of Duty 2 and World at War, Gears of War, Guitar Hero 3 career mode, and Halo 3. I am currently working my way through Battlefield Bad Company and am quite enjoying it. However, I am looking for a reccomendation of what to get after it. I was looking at:
    Resident Evil 5
    Left 4 Dead
    Gears of War 2

However, I am open to suggestions on other titles. I do have Fallout 3, Oblivion and other games but I am nowhere near completing them and to be honest they just have not clicked with me if you understand what I mean. I have bought too many games in the past and not done them so now I am just looking for ones I will enjoy rather than going with the hype (Fallout 3 is good dont get me wrong, but I just could not get into it).

Any reccomendations for demos I should try?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Dump your $60 into GameFly and play all three of them.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Garfield360UK said:
    "Hey allI am in a bit of a conundrum. I am thinking of narrowing my Xbox 360 game purchases to stop myself getting games I wont play, I have completed only a few of my titles:Bioshock, Call of Duty 2 and World at War, Gears of War, Guitar Hero 3 career mode, and Halo 3. I am currently working my way through Battlefield Bad Company and am quite enjoying it. However, I am looking for a reccomendation of what to get after it. I was looking at:Resident Evil 5Left 4 DeadGears of War 2However, I am open to suggestions on other titles. I do have Fallout 3, Oblivion and other games but I am nowhere near completing them and to be honest they just have not clicked with me if you understand what I mean. I have bought too many games in the past and not done them so now I am just looking for ones I will enjoy rather than going with the hype (Fallout 3 is good dont get me wrong, but I just could not get into it).Any reccomendations for demos I should try?"

The F.E.A.R. (the original one) demo and Condemned: Criminal Origins demo are excellent. I suggest those.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I forgot. The Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts demo is also amazing. Check that one out, too.
    Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Garfield360UK

I have tried Banjo Kazooie, I quite liked it. I have the full game but just seem to drift in and out of playing it. I dont know, I am a bit confused as to whether to bother getting any games or try and focus on one at a time or just play the ones in my collection when I fancy it and not bother buying more?

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ShadowKiller

I own 2 out of those 3 games you have listed and out of Gears 2 and RE5 I must say I've enjoyed RE5 much more than Gears, They are both great games but RE5 just has so many features to keep you coming back.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Garfield360UK
    Miniman said:
    "It depends what games you like to play. If you want a more singleplayer based zombie shooter then get Resident Evil 5. If you like zombie shooters and want to play online with friends then get Left 4 Dead. Or if you like shooting aliens and enjoy both online and offline then get Gears of War 2. But yeah, it's best to play games one at a time."
    I think I made the mistake of buying too many at one short time frame. It was the sales before Christmas that did it, now I have a mound of unfinished games and it frustrates me :(
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MKHavoc

Did you enjoy playing Gears of War 1 online? If so, then I recommend getting Gears 2.  Left 4 Dead is great, but there are only four campaigns.  I haven't played RE5 yet, so I can't really say anything about that.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By crunchUK

mythic map pack!! :P

But... out of your list get gears 2 the multiplayer will last you ages

Epic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Epic1990

Skip L4d On the console and get it on the PC. 

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Left 4 Dead

Call of Duty 4
    Resident Evil 5
    Street Fighter 4
    Gears of War 2
    Mass Effect
    Skate 2

Games for cheap:
    Viva Pinata
    Ace Combat 6
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Table Tennis
    Red Alert 3
    The Orange Bizzox
    Crackdown
    Overlord
    Burnout Paradise
    Shadowrun
    Skate
    Avatar image for morning_revival
    Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Morning_Revival

Out of those games, I suggest Resident Evil 5. Its not the best game ever, but it is fun with a friend. I found it to be a bit easier than Resident Evil 4 aswell.

But may I suggest  Assault on Dark Athena? I think its a great game, and a great value. While Butcher Bay is most definately better than Dark Athena, DA is rather fun.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Garfield360UK

I am going to try the demo of Chronicles of Riddick and Resident Evil 5 as I downloaded them both (RE5 demo for second time, had Chronicles for about 2 weeks or maybe longer, whenever the demo came online but I just havent played it yet).

Do you recon I should just complete the games I have before buying more or what should I do with the ever growing pile of unfinished titles?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By mracoon

Left 4 Dead is the best game out of the ones you listed nut it's better on PC and if you have friends to play it with. They're all good choices though.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Garfield360UK

Cheers for the suggestions all. I have decided not to buy any more full retail games for now, I should complete the ones I already have and enjoy them rather than getting more for now. In the future I will look again at what to get and hopefully some of these will be cheaper :)

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Diamond

Don't limit yourself to mainstream games just because they're popular.  You can probably find cheaper more interesting games if you do some research.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By mrfizzy

If you liked Gears of War then id say get the second one. nice lengh single player and keeps all the good things from the first game with improbed graphics. and it moves the story along. 

steelharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By steelharrison
    TooWalrus said:
    "Dump your $60 into GameFly and play all three of them."

thats what I did, but if your not going to do that I would probably say RES 5 just because Gears of Wars 2 got old pretty fast but it might be different for you idk. I would probably just go with gamefly and get all of them or buy resident evil 5
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By CL60
    TooWalrus said:
    "Dump your $60 into GameFly and play all three of them."
    Do they ship to Canada? If not that's lame.
    Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Manatassi

I'd say seroulsy consider going with a games rental service if youre concerened about the money I pay £14 a month and get a choice of whatever I would like to play during that month. I started doing it because i found myself not playing games I had bought for £30-40 for more than a weekend...  Has saved me a fortune! I use swapgame.com but there are others out there I just like being able to keep a game if i feel like i'm going to play it for a long time.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Garfield360UK

I wouldnt mind a rental service but I am somebody who will go on a game years after buying it.

I am thinking I will have a set budget a month for buying games instead, where I can buy any ammount within that spending range and no more (well maybe a bit more with overtime but nothing silly), so I can get good deals or whatever and not feel guilty and not worry about completing every game I own.

Seem a good idea? I already budget, this is just a budget witin my luxuries budget.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By dsplayer1010

Gears 2 or Left 4 Dead

baggykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By baggykins

GTA 4  :)

I had a lot of fun with it, and still have.
    Playing with glitches has proven to be the most fun to do in the game..
    If you're not into GTA i would say L4D, it has hours and hours of gameplay :D
    Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Verdugo

I don't own Resident Evil 5, but I'm getting it as soon as I can get some more money saved up.

I have Gears of War 2, and it's excellent. The Multiplayer outshines the single player campaign though, but like I said, it's excellent overall.

Burntlettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Burntlettuce

All of those title are good in there own way. If you have played any of the previous Resident Evil games(especially 4) the i suggest you get Resident Evil 5. Its a lot of fun and worth the $60. L4D has pretty amazing multilayer but i vastly prefer it for the PC, its a lot more fun. GoW2 is a lot of fun, however i don't play it a lot because i am bad at it. So its really up to you, all three of those games are excellent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.