What was the hardest game that you got all of the achievements in

• 0 results
#1 Posted by HT101 (1153 posts) -

For me it was Mass Effect.  It was not hard to do, but it sure was time consuming.  What about everyone else?

#2 Edited by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

Beautiful Katamari. 100% collection is a quest of epic proportions that you don't find in many games 

also, the online achievements for that game are a bitch simply because its online sucks and you can hardly ever find anyone to play with

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

I guess Viva Pinata.  Twice.  I don't have many S-ranks to begin with, really.  Fallout 3 on the other hand...

#4 Posted by dantheman1515 (297 posts) -

Gears of War. Seriously was 2-3 months of playing multiplayer 3-4 hours a day.

#5 Posted by Redbullet685 (6034 posts) -

The doritos game. Its the only game I got an S rank in sooo......

#6 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

I almost got it in AC2, if that counts, but then again...who didn't? 

Also, I fucking HATE Mass Effect, so, yeah...

#7 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -
Call of Duty 4. 

@dantheman1515 said:
" Gears of War. Seriously was 2-3 months of playing multiplayer 3-4 hours a day. "
I won't go near Gears' achievements.  Too time consuming...
#8 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
#9 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @zyn said:
" Call of Duty 4. 

What...really!? "
Dude, yeah.  Veteran is a bitch.
#10 Posted by j_meyer_13 (387 posts) -

Rock Band 2 or Call of Duty 4.  RB2 because fuck Visions, and CoD4 because fuck Veteran difficulty level, randomly spawning grenades, and infinitely respawning baddies.

#11 Edited by xyzygy (9944 posts) -

Final Fantasy 13, Bionic Commando, Bioshock, Bayonetta, and BlazBlue are probably the one's I'm most proud of. 

Rise of the Argonauts and The Force Unleashed were bitches too. 

Overall though FFXIII was the one I had the most fun getting the S-rank with. Man I love that game.

#12 Posted by StarFoxA (5146 posts) -

Probably Red Faction: Guerrilla since it required me to play through the game twice. I had a lot of fun, though.

#13 Posted by TMThomsen (2071 posts) -
@StarFoxA: I attempted to do the same, but I gave up on the broken, random spawn missions in single-player. I got all the multiplayer achievements though.
#14 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

I only have 3 S Ranks and all of them are very easy.

#15 Posted by nyuckelhead (165 posts) -

My only S ranks are Oblivion and that dumb Doritos game so yeah Oblivion,

#16 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

Lego Batman :D 

Only have 3 S Ranks, 2 of them is Lego and the third is Uno from XBLA with 200 p.

#17 Posted by Tricks73r (252 posts) -

Track and Field.

#18 Edited by risseless (477 posts) -

My toughest S-Ranks:

• LEGO Star Wars 2, because it's such a grind. 
  • Dragon Age: Origins, because you have to play through nearly the full game at least 3 times.

I enjoyed every minute of Fallout 3 S-Rank.

WTF is this Doritos game everyone is talking about? =P
#19 Posted by DJbruce92 (129 posts) -

Probably Left 4 Dead or Skate.

#20 Posted by NickNorman (435 posts) -

Dead Rising for me. 7-Day Survivor is fun, until you realize you can't save at all and have to play for 14 hours without turning the game off. Awesome. Second would go to Call of Duty 2 and 4, because like everyone said, yo. veteran is hard.

#21 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Fallout 3. Damn i just got my S-Rank yesterday on it. Damned DLC's and their difficult, long-ass quests! Bobbleheads was also a bit of a bitch.

#22 Posted by ptc (615 posts) -
#23 Posted by shaun832 (363 posts) -

I've only got all the achievements for two XBLA games so I'll just have to say Shadow Complex. The 50 level one took a lot of grinding to do.

#24 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Uncharted 2, and that wasn't particularly hard

#25 Posted by Yid1984 (5 posts) -

According to TrueAchievements it is Pimp My Ride.
I am going to hang my head in shame now.

#26 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I'm so close in gears 2 but I'll never reach 100.  But from the 5 I have s ranks in (mw, mw2, dead space, pac-man c.e. and avatar) I'd say avatar for sure.

#27 Edited by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIII, Tales of Vesperia and Killzone 2 for me.  Killzone 2 man...just...wow.

#28 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Dead Rising.

#29 Posted by themartyr (691 posts) -

I'd say probably Project Gotham Racing 3. Platinum timed laps are insane...  

Recently though, probably The Saboteur. It was Grindathon 2010 for those ambient freeplays, but also it was the only way to let my completionist sleep soundly.

#30 Posted by dankempster (2252 posts) -

My only S-rank is in Fallout 3, so I guess it'll have to be that.

#31 Posted by StillVictor (150 posts) -

Probably Fallout 3. For the amount of time it cost me.

#32 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

Probably Hitman: Blood Money. Finishing a mission on Professional, while getting a Silent Assassin rating without any saves is pretty difficult.

#33 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

I've only 100% Uncharted 1, 2 and Bayonetta. I'd say UC1 was probably the hardest out of the 3.

#34 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Tricks73r said:
" Track and Field. "
I need pro-tips on the hammer throw. Anything besides be lucky.  :P

Also, I would probably say Rock Band 2. I can now claim I have a bladder of steel. For that I am happy.
#35 Posted by wwfundertaker (1399 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:
" The doritos game. Its the only game I got an S rank in sooo...... "
Same, i just dont have the time to get a S-rank in games.
#36 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

I only have two S ranks; Bully and Oblivion. Judge for yourself, I guess.

#37 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

Call of duty 4 was pretty harsh.

#38 Posted by Prymet1me (99 posts) -

Being I only did it on 2 games.. Too Human would be mine. I just dont have the drive to get an S rank in many games.

#39 Posted by GamerGeek360 (1959 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 or Call of Duty 2. Veteran was tough in both. Mile High Club in CoD4 wasn't as difficult as it looks.

#40 Posted by DarkFury (369 posts) -

Call of Duty 2, as far as I can remember,

#41 Posted by Stupot (177 posts) -

Well as my only S-rank is in Avatar The Lgend of Aang: The Burning Earth...that i guess. 5 simple achievements near took me 5 minutes.....5 minutes of my life i'll never get back.

#42 Posted by Eric_Buck (1289 posts) -

Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty 2 and InFamous

#43 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

Fallout 3

#44 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

Forza 3 has a achievement to win every single race in the game, theres gotta be like 500 individual races. Not exactly 'hard' but very time comsuming, probably over 60 hours.
I've almost got all the Dragon Age achievements, again, not 'hard' just time consuming.

I guess the hardest would be like a game that has MP achievements, like Gears of War 2. I hate the MP, so I'll never get those achievements.

#45 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

BioShock. 

#46 Edited by funcmode (138 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden II, FFXIII, Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect were pretty brutal..

oh wait, DMC4 might take the cake.  

Just remembered Too Human so adding that in.

#47 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Rock Band 2 :D. I only wish there were more.

#48 Posted by dudeglove (7751 posts) -

It's before the time of achievements/trophies, but I completed Devil May Cry 3 on all difficulty settings (well, you do get S-ranks and unlockables n'stuff, so it's sorta achievement-y). Beating Vergil finally after a 20 minute battle (no joke) on Dante Must Die was one of the hardest things I've ever done in a game, and the most satisfying (as a side, great ending too).

#49 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. 

Anyway, I have too many S-Ranks to count.

#50 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Mayhem Intergalactic. It's my only one actually. But getting 100 online victories in a game that never has anyone online is hard. Until I realized that it I could play against bots in online mode and get it that way. ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.