What was your first Xbox 360 game?

#1 Posted by K0rN (683 posts) -

For me it was Oblivion, COD2 and DOA4 though I think DOA4 went in the scanner first. You?
#2 Posted by PenguinDoctor (293 posts) -

Kameo was my first next-gen experience, and what a wonderful experience it was!
#3 Posted by Demodocus (237 posts) -

GRAW.  Soon after that came oblivion and cod2

#4 Posted by Bones8677 (3276 posts) -

NBA 2k 7--came with the console
Dead Rising and Gears of War. Gears was clearly the superior choice. :)

#5 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

Gears of War. I was rather surprised I held off from buying a new console for a year... I guess WoW was big then.

#6 Posted by ez123 (1994 posts) -

GRAW and it was a very impressive game graphically and also very fun.  Gears of War after that which was mind blowing and at that point in time, it was actually a different experience than everything else.  I was so hooked on the online.

Technically, it was Hexic but that's no fun.

#7 Posted by zombie2011 (5048 posts) -

Amped 3, Kameo, PDZ.

#8 Posted by Captain_Insano (1563 posts) -

Perfect Dark Zero, Gears of War, Forza 2, Viva Pinata and Oblivion (most of these came with the console or I got them first day)

#9 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2058 posts) -

Perfect Dark Zero. I thought the game was fun at the time, but then I eventually picked up Call of Duty 2 when it came out and didn't play PDZ as much.

#10 Posted by Yummylee (22518 posts) -

GTA4.
#11 Posted by Furyjoell (260 posts) -

Halo 3 actually.

#12 Posted by Grilledcheez (3957 posts) -

PGR3 just before launch

#13 Posted by WillyLo (302 posts) -

Kameo, COD2 and Perfect Dark Zero.

#14 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

PGR at launch.

#15 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

PGR 3. That game was awesome.

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Gears of War for me.

#17 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

COD 2 or Perfect Dark, can't remember.

#18 Posted by Eidderf (507 posts) -

Kameo and PDZ

#19 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Was gonna be Ghost Recon, but my dad bought the regular xbox copy when he bought it for me. Still never played it.

I ended up getting THPS8 a couple days later.

#20 Posted by AjayRaz (12475 posts) -

Dead Rising, SFIV and Halo 3 + ODST came bundled. I didn't buy an x360 until last christmas. it was a kind of  a "why not?" purchase. 

#21 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

I got Halo Wars and Assassin's Creed free with the console and I haven't played either.  The first game I paid money for was Eternal Sonata and it was worth it.

#22 Posted by Fripplebubby (1028 posts) -
@Furyjoell said:
" Halo 3 actually. "
Only reason I bought an Xbox. I found other great games soon after, but Halo 3 was what sold it first. 
#23 Posted by Th3_James (2579 posts) -

perfect dark zero and project gotham racing 3... I remember going to EB games launch day and being told that i would not receive my pre-ordered console till january, so I canceled my pre-order and walked out of the mall pissed off, then I saw SKU's being loaded off of a truck, and brought into a Zellers " Canada's shitty target " I was like hey, that could be 360's. I am here anyways, why not go check. So I did, and man it felt fucking awesome to have the cashier take box cutters to the SKU and take out the stores first console. Purchased it right then and there. Lasted me 2 years till RROD, 6 other console failures and here i am today. Now i have 3 working 360's and 3 broken ones.... 

#24 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -
#25 Posted by Oinkness (7 posts) -

Lost Odyssey

#26 Posted by Axellion (91 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 on day one, Perfect Dark Zero a week later, then King Kong (I loved it) , and Project Gotham Racing 3,

#27 Posted by Forever (100 posts) -

Oblivion. It was pretty much one of the main reasons I bought a 360  and now it is probably my favorite game to this day.  I actually never even had an orignal xbox i used to play the gamecube lol...

#28 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

MUA / Forza 2 come with the console, but the first game I bought was Beautiful Katamari. 

#29 Edited by handlas (2748 posts) -

PGR or Dead or Alive or something.  Maybe Kameo as well...never got very far in that game, didn't think it was too great playing a fairy and all.

It really didn't have an outstanding launch lineup.....and people only hated on PS3's launch titles.

#30 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

Madden 07.

#31 Posted by DocHaus (1374 posts) -

This is a tough one, considering my system came with six different games upon winning it off of Ebay a couple years ago (surprisingly, it still works to this day). For me, it was either Madden '08, THPS:Project 8 or the original Gears of War.

#32 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Mass Effect. It was only 20 or 30 bucks at the time, and I knew it was supposed to be good.

#33 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@Kombat said:
" Oblivion.  I didn't like it. "
Also, I wanted to get Ninety-Nine Nights, but the store didn't have any copies.
#34 Posted by K0rN (683 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
"GTA4. "

You bought a 360 just for the GTA IV DLC?
#35 Posted by Yummylee (22518 posts) -
@K0rN said:
"@Abyssfull said:
"GTA4. "
You bought a 360 just for the GTA IV DLC? "

That I did...but of course I've gotten more out of it than that. The Mass Effect franchise just to begin, but yeah...the GTA4 DLC is what gave me the push.
#36 Posted by Fezz (444 posts) -

Burnout Revenge

#37 Posted by phragit (30 posts) -

Dead Rising and Perfect Dark Zero

#38 Posted by carlthenimrod (1599 posts) -

Perfect Dark Zero and GRAW

#39 Posted by spazmaster666 (1991 posts) -

Gears of War. It's the reason why I bought a 360 (before that I was primarily a PC gamer).

#40 Posted by Reuben (622 posts) -

Perfect Dark Zero was the first one I bought. It was the "main" launch game for the 360 so I had to get it.

#41 Posted by Buccura (213 posts) -

Gears of War and Chromehounds.

#42 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Call of Duty 2. 
Was a fantastic introduction to the next-gen.

#43 Posted by jangofett88 (324 posts) -

I think it was Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.

#44 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

GTA:IV... I wish I didn't have to say that.

#45 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Oblivion was my first game.
#46 Posted by Bogitt (202 posts) -

Slightly embaressing really, it was Eragon and Cars (both given to me)  - they were both pretty terrible games although i did get strangley attached to the Cars game

#47 Posted by Guerrilla_Mason (485 posts) -

Lost Planet right when I bought it, and then Gears of War from GameStop before I went home.

#48 Posted by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -

I came into the next-gen era quite late, so when I got my 360 it was bundled with Gears of War and Turok. I believe that GoW was scanned first though.

#49 Posted by gla55jAw (2695 posts) -

Need For Speed: Carbon

#50 Edited by SythonX7 (134 posts) -

First Games I owned for my Xbox were Army of Two and Battlefield Bad Company.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.