What xbox 360 game should I buy?

Posted by lun49gameon (110 posts) 9 months, 10 days ago

Poll: What xbox 360 game should I buy? (17 votes)

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West 6%
Final Fantasy 13 0%
Fable 2 0%
Bayonetta 12%
Gears of War 6%
Viva Pinata 0%
Perfect Dark 6%
Forza Horizon 0%
Forza 4 6%
Red Read Redemption 65%

After various years of getting consoles late in the generation I am getting a ps4 during launch. I got a ps1 in late 2003, a ps2 in 2008, and a wii in 2010. For the past two years i have been a pc gamer playing the classics. I decided to buy an xbox 360 and a copy of gta 5 a few weeks ago and I am having so much fun. I also bought fifa 14, halo reach, and I have a copy of la noire that i managed to play half of on a fixed red ring xbox that somebody gave me before it overheated again. So now I am looking at xbox exclusives or even console only games that i can buy. I made a list of some and if you guys have any recommendations feel free to tell me.

edit: have fable 1 on pc but got bored 1 hour in and did not like the mouse controls used. Is Fable 2 a drastic change from the first one?

#1 Edited by bigjeffrey (4705 posts) -
  • Red Dead Redemption amazing game, Great Story, GET IT
  • Gears Of War Trilogy, one of the best trilogies this generation,
  • Forza Horizon amazing Racing game you don't even need to like racing games to love it.
  • Fable 2 is a pretty great Fable game, probably the best.

Although i have no clue what games you like here are some 360 games i recommend.

Specifically on Xbox LIVE Arcade, all XBLA games have demos so try them out.

#2 Posted by lun49gameon (110 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: Thanks for the suggestions! Some of these games I already own but on steam. I bought alan wake when it was 3.99 but never ran it. I also have left 4 dead 2 and the witcher 2 on pc. I had only played halo 1 on pc and it is one of my favorite fps games. I bought reach and am going to get halo 3 for free with the xbox live gold deal.

#3 Posted by ike7779 (276 posts) -

Glad someone posted this question because I was wondering what to do with my 360 lately. Not a huge fan of shooters anymore so the big 2 XBox exclusive series don't interest me that much but I got Forza Horizon for $20 recently and that alone just about made my 360 purchase worth it.

And you guys are forgetting Asura's Wrath. The only other incredible console exclusive I can think of that isn't mentioned in this thread or the other. Absolutely must buy the DLC chapters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.