Whats your GamerTag AND why?

• 81 results
#1 Edited by MrYevrah (40 posts) -

This thread isn't intended to be a list of peoples GamerTags you can add, its just about the reason behind your GT. 

Mine is "MrYevrah" due to the fact that yevrah spells my name backwards, you do the math ;) 

#2 Posted by biggblack86 (124 posts) -

mine is "pnutTbutta", cuz peanut butter use to be a nickname of mine when i was yonger, and it kinda stuck. so i use it for online and shit. hella wanna change my tag though...

#3 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

ForeverFlash

My brother chose it.  It was apparently his nickname people gave him on his intramural football team when he was at University of Miami.

#4 Posted by Andheez (580 posts) -

TooQuickStix 

Cause it rhymes and it makes me feel like a big man
#5 Posted by Tordah (2478 posts) -

Mine is Tordah87, which is what I go with when Tordah has already been taken. :( '87 is the year I was born.

#6 Posted by kingkorn69 (321 posts) -

Mine is Daddydawgnuts because my world of warcraft char is named dawgnuts!! lol

#7 Posted by ProlificShadow (399 posts) -

Mine is Prolifikshadow. About five or six years ago I was trying to come up with a gamertag and started looking through the dictionary. I thought the word Prolific was interesting so I added shadow, changed the c to a k and now I'm an abundant shadow. I've thought about changing it but I've had it for so long I'm kind of attached to it. I use it for pretty much everything. 

#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -
Too Walrus

I had a different gamertag for a long time, but it was just my name with a bunch of numbers, so I had to change it. I was watching the episode of King of the Hill where Dale talks about the military's secret experiment, Operation Infinite Walrus. I thought "Infinite Walrus" would make a good gamertag, but it was already taken. This was right after Too Human had come out, so the thought "Too Walrus" popped into my head, and I thought it sounded cool. I paid the ten bucks to change it, and I've been using it ever since.
#9 Posted by Evilsbane (4595 posts) -

Evilsbane11 (Just Evilsbane was taken) but it been so long that I have kinda of forgotten why I used it in the first place but I have used it for every major online thing I have for 12 years MMOs, online shooters, callsigns, forum names so its seen heavy use.

#10 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

Metroid545, made waaay back when i was in 6th grade so yeah lol i just kept it

#11 Posted by v2xJFresh (142 posts) -

v2xjfresh 
cos my friends had to think of a 'rappers name for me' got j fresh. 
v2x is my friends clan

#12 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

TheSulkingDead, because TheWalkingDead was taken. :(

#13 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

TOMBRIEN

cos yo it's my fuckin name.

#14 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

wolf_blitzer85

Always has been my screen name, steam name, gamertag, whatever you want to call it. Way back in the day I was suuuuuper into CS and 1.6 just came out and our buddies put together a clan server and named it DNT or Disgruntled News Team. The idea was that all the members had to have a news caster's name. So our clan consisted of such names as Connie Chung, Dan Rather, Paul Schaffer and whoever else we could think of. I was watching CNN one day and finally decided on Wolf Blitzer since I thought that was the coolest name that anyone could ever have, so I have been parading around as Wolf Blitzer on the internet ever since.

#15 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -

TheFlamingH0B0

I plan on changing it to TheFlamingHobo as soon as the name becomes avaiable. Damn spys sappin' ma gamertag!

#16 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

Rickyiscool19 
Because I am.

#17 Edited by gla55jAw (2687 posts) -

gla55jAw - glassjaw is my favorite band and i think its a pretty sick callsign/gamertag.
#18 Edited by SuperZamrod (269 posts) -

Flawless2c-flawless is what I am, and 2c rhymes with poosi.  

JK, 2C is actually a part of my name...

#19 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

Xscottz, i didn't know a name to pick so i put in X and Z for the last part.

#20 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

AzteckSpartan, because Azteck sounds neat and I was a total Halo-nerd upon creating the gamertag.

And my US gamertag is called Charie Tuna. I think you can all guess that one.

#21 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

fwylo

its my nickname

#22 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -
Tartarus 14 is mine because back in the day me and my friends were way into Halo 2 and because i was bigger then everyone i was called Tartarus (the leader of the brutes). 
  And the 14 was from the fact that i wanted my call sign in Halo 3 to be good, so i choose T14 cuz in  the Star Wars:Phantom Menace game on PS1 there's a point where you ask for a T14 hyperdrive generator and he says it in a very weird way so i always remembered it.
#23 Posted by kahi (114 posts) -

Kahi ... Final Fantasy XI beta random name generator gave me the name "kahiwahi" I used it; shortened to kahi outside of ffxi

#24 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

iTz LuchaDeer

Representin'

#25 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:
"TheFlamingH0B0  I plan on changing it to TheFlamingHobo as soon as the name becomes avaiable. Damn spys sappin' ma gamertag! "

How bout...TheFlamingHomo? Ohhh tthats right, MS Is anal about names. 

Mines Pr3pster.  Back from the days when my friend made me a VampireFreaks acount *shudder* under the name T3rminal Pr3ppie (after the Dead Kennedys track). That evolved into Pr3pster eventually and yeah, here I am.
#26 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

Mines DunckTheFunk. Why? Because my name is Duncan and then I am funk and... wait... I don't even know...

#27 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

giyanks22...

NY Giants and NY Yankees...22 because well I picked that random number.

#28 Edited by kagekage (704 posts) -

hppytreefriends
cause the first time i got online i was at a friend's house and we were watching happytreefriends on the laptop so....

#29 Posted by Teoball (591 posts) -

Cruelink 

I tried Teoball but that was taken, Cruelink was one of the suggestions microsoft gave me.
#30 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Afroman269

My hair would turn into a fro if I let it grow out so my friends called me afroman. As for the numbers it was surprisingly chosen at random.

#31 Posted by teekomeeko (624 posts) -

teekomeeko - because it was my PSN name and I don't use my 360 for online ever, so I didn't want to remember another name.

My original tag was NobleDevilX, which was a slight take on the Final Fantasy XI name I had for years. I liked the name, but since I didn't ever use it I figured a change to match my PSN was better. Though my damn Mass Effect save is stuck on the original if I want to play it again before the second one comes out and earn more achievements.

#32 Posted by wosifat (188 posts) -

ib slippin away
ib is a wrestler I made up with some friends on a night shift job a few years ago (wow, about ten actually!)  Slippin away is a song about a day at work that I made up before I got the night shift job (but I can't remember all the lyrics.)

#33 Posted by caseylakes (293 posts) -

caseylakes, because i am real imaginative (it is my name). my previous gamertag was xi twenty20 ix, because i am perfect... oh and something i didn't realise was xi and ix added together was xx (20 in roman numerals).

#34 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Same thing with a space between words. Because it was cool sounding.

#35 Posted by dankempster (2252 posts) -

dankempster 

Because it's my name.

#36 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

first thedevil4569,because i am as hot as the devil (im not the devil lol)

secondly,i got antimegaman (im not a hater of megaman) because i like megaman and megaman was taken,and i looked through the dictionary,and i found a random word,which was anti,so i went with antimegaman,and it worked =D

#37 Posted by sarahsdad (1087 posts) -

FuzzyPocket  

We have a fuzzy black rabbit who was so tiny when we got him that I could fit him in the pocket of my sweatshirt. He's Pocket, I took FuzzyPocket

#38 Posted by SuperSecretAgenda (696 posts) -

Xigo Xigo

Long story behind that name.

#39 Edited by Nighttide (34 posts) -

Nighttide

A long time ago I was trying to think up a new forum handle (for the Star Wars Galaxies forum, in fact, back when the game wasn't synonymous with crap). So, you know, put two nouns together and hope it sounds decent and there you go. It stuck with me when I set up my Xbox Live and PSN accounts.

Not very original, though. Apparently it's also the title of some old Dennis Hopper movie about a killer mermaid. So whatever.

#40 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

ricetopher

Nickname given by a friend years ago (don't feel like giving the full story). First used it as an AIM username and didn't need to add numbers or anything, so since then I 've stuck with it for the singular reason of not needing to add numbers

#41 Posted by FinalDasa (1616 posts) -

FinalDasa 

My brother used Dasa as his character name whenever a game prompted for your own.  
So when I had the chance I typed in Dasa into Xbox Live way back when, the suggestion first on that list 
is now my current gamertag.

#42 Posted by dutch42 (533 posts) -

CJ Chinaski

CJ because those are my initials and Chinaski is the alias the Bukowski uses in his books.

#43 Posted by jaxxduece (68 posts) -

goNpieces.

Its from a shitty Dolph Lungren movie in the 80's, I Come in Peace.

Alien: "I come in peace."
Dolph: "You go in pieces."
 Aliens head blown off.

#44 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -
CornontheCobbe

Well Cobbe is my last name, so i thought it was kind of funny.
#45 Posted by Alphawolfy (325 posts) -

Alphawolfy

I like wolves a lot; not sure why I put Alpha in the beginning, but then again nobody goes around saying they are the runt of the pack :P.
And the "y" after wolf because Alphawolf is always taken, and I don't like numbers in usernames much. Alphawolf also seemed a bit... braggish I guess? Like I was saying that I am the best and the leader. Alphawolfy makes it sound more friendly to me.

#46 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

carlthenimrod

My name is Carl and Nimrod by Green Day is my favorite album ever. This is my origins story. Thanks for reading.

#47 Posted by Zombutler (176 posts) -

My name is Butler and I love zombies, so it's 

Zombutler

#48 Posted by footbal_sux (16 posts) -

gay_homo 
because it is really funny.
#49 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

killer_meatballs (PS3)
killermeatballs   (XBL)

A friend of mine starting using that as a nickname for me, and it stuck.

#50 Edited by Trilogy (2649 posts) -
Trilogy87.     Since then I use trilogy for all my online names.

I was sitting down at my computer trying to figure out a new gamer tag and I looked up at my GTA trilogy box. The word trilogy just felt right. The 87 is the year I was born. <--------- VERY ORIGINAL

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.